5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus yeti Gaiters!
Published on 22 Dec 2011 by Doyler

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed.
After years of using Yeti Gaiters I purchase 2 pairs of the new type and both fell apart within 4 days of use. Very disappointed.
Published 19 months ago by Clive Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus yeti Gaiters!, 22 Dec 2011
After reading reviews i finally purchased a pair. I also found a video on rambling man.org on how to put them on. I urge anyone who is considering purchasing these to view the video. They do what Berghaus say they do BUT, be prepared for a tough time (and patience) putting them on. Once on it is recommended that they stay on. I have a pair of berghaus boots however they were okay on these but i eventually put them on a pair of Scarpa b oots were they fit very well. They will stay on these and when you come to put them on your boots you will understand why. Strong fingers are required and the family not in earshot of your frustrations! A large pan of boiling water, pair of marigolds and off you go! Good luck!
On the use side once they are on they are brilliant. I have trogged over Dartmoor in some foul weather and feet have remained completely dry. Thoroughly recommend them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed., 25 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars 14 pairs of Yeti Attack Gaiters split in one week, 9 Mar 2013
I'm a serving soldier in the British Army and I along with many members of my platoon bought these gaiters in preparation for a long wet exercise based upon their stirling reputation. Of the 15 pairs of yeti attak gaiters that were bought in my platoon, 14 have ripped before we've even deployed, rendering them utterly useless. Whether they are heated up or put on "raw" the rubber is so brittle that it shears from the forces needed to get it onto a boot. To summarise:

- Yeti attak gaiters are a waste of money, as they're unreliable.
- The good reputation they have comes from the older Yeti Wilderness gaiters. (If it says berghaus in white on the front, or yeti in red on the side of the rand, you're in trouble)
- This has happened with yeti attacks bought from other suppliers too
- Get onto ebay and buy an old used pair that's trusted.

2.0 out of 5 stars Apparently Excellent but tricky to fit, and then split, 1 Nov 2012
Ray Woodhams (Barnsley, S Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Outstanding product for the serious walker. Damnably hard to fit unless you use the correct technique. Does not come with instructions. Watch this video, [...] and note my comment about kneeling on the toe of the boot - its easy when you know how!

Update- I fitted the gaiters as described above and decided to leave them on my boots. Couple of months later came to use the boots only to find the gaiters had split around the rubber seal where it connects to the boot. Returned to Amazon and got a full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the problem?, 24 Feb 2014
I bought a pair of these as I am tired of walking the Scottish hills with damp feet.
I ordered size Large as these seemed the best bet for my size 8 boots. Much research on the internet indicated that they were almost impossible to fit, but one site recommended pushing the toe of the boot through the hole, then pulling the heel into place, turning the toe piece inside out and rolling it over the toe of the boot. I thought I would try this first. Ten minutes later - both gaiters fitted. No removing the cross piece, hot water, radiators, gloves, spilt blood, grazed knuckles or anything - and I am almost 70 years of age with arthritic fingers. Something somewhere is very odd.
The only problem I have is my boots are Altberg extra wide fitting and fastening the zip is putting a big strain on the stitching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gaiters, 3 Jun 2013
With several big expeditions in the pipeline for me, I thought I needed to upgrade my gaiters from the standard Karrimor ankle guards to something a bit more effective. I'm so glad I did! Dartmoor would have been a far more emotional experience without these! Bit of a pain to put on, but well worth the blood, sweat and tears once they are on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing, 13 April 2013
I chose the large as I am a size 8 in shoe and I couldn't even get them on my walking shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, 2 April 2013
I got these for my dad for christmas. He has used them loads since. Has helped with the weather being so awful so far this year. Only downside, he has gone on plenty of walks and finished with toastie dry feet, i have been dragged along on most of the walks and didn't have these gaiters, I so ended walks with cold wet feet.

3.0 out of 5 stars broke on fitting, 17 Feb 2013
These are the dogs dangles when it comes to gaiters
Unfortunately they are so difficult to fit mine tore when I was fitting them
They also appear to have had the rubber slat that go across the toe cut off
My boots had the cut out that it should fit in which I know many don't also many users cut them out anyway but out would have been nice if I had the choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!, 12 Jan 2013
By far the best gaiters out there. Monumental effort to fit them...but once they're on you will see it was worth the effort!