5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous book!, 13 Mar 2014
Absolutely wonderful book and I wish there were a British equivalent! I would love to know what British writers had to say about their knitting lives. This is not only for knitters...it's just a great book and very good to have by the bedside. One story a night works very well!

4.0 out of 5 stars How knitting inspires, 19 Jun 2014
A collection of stories about what knitting has meant to the writers, in cases life saving after a huge bereavement and in other cases bonding between generations. Some of the stories seemed contrived and a bit boring but overall I enjoyed it. The best stories were those in which knitting tasks were interpreted as a metaphor for human struggle and development.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 25 Feb 2014
I didn't realise so many people felt the same way as I do about wool (yarn)!
Whether you're obsessed yourself, or in awe of others who are, this makes a great collection of anecdotes to 'dip into' . I originally bought this for someone else, but I loved the cover so much, I had to keep it on my bedside table!

4.0 out of 5 stars Knitting Yarns, 13 Feb 2014
A quaint book! A range of stories.some more involving than others. I have donated my copy to a local wool shop that runs a club!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not the only obsessed knitter!, 13 Jan 2014
Molly (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I love all the stories as I see so much of my own life reflected in many of them. Knitting has helped me through some really hard times and until reading this book I thought I was the only nutter! It is great to read about like-minded people! The stories reflect a sense of history and family and show the connection running between a craft and elderly family members, some of whom have passed away. Being creative and using your hands can be so therapeutic and especially in recent years where knitting and crafts have seen a huge revival it is a pleasure to read these stories. If you're a knitter, this is for you! And if not, then maybe this will make you want to pick up some needles and start knitting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting yarns, 2 Jan 2014
Lovely book.Arrived quickly and a great present for knitting friends.Good selection of stories to dip into.Ideal for the bedside table.