Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.34

on 26 March 2014
I enjoyed this book. On the whole it was well written; although there were a number of editing and formatting issues. Nevertheless, for me, it didn't detract from the story. The further I got into the book, the tension increased dramatically, so much so, I found I was still reading late into the night.
The ending was interesting, but at the risk of a spoiler, I can't say anything.
I liked the characters, especially O'Reilly.
Never having been to the US, I found the authors writing descriptive and illuminating. I really felt as though I was there. I could feel the heat of the desert...the tension, the fear of being captured.
Okay there's nothing particularly original about the story, nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a fast paced, exciting read. I certainly recommend it.
on 7 October 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Based on a scenario which echoes many other post-apocalyptic dramas, 'Gone To Ground' is nonetheless a convincing and believable variation on a familiar theme, peopled by characters who, if perhaps also a little predictable and familiar to aficionados of the genre (the bereaved and prickly beautiful mom, the self-sufficient, tortured and taciturn handsome stranger, the gutsy kids) are also nonetheless easy to like and feel for.
This is the kind of book that leaves you wanting more, but also if stopping whilst you're ahead is probably best - but if there are to be more in the series, I will certainly read them.
on 26 July 2014
I enjoyed this book thoroughly and on reflection I suppose a lot of this was to do with the almost ordinariness of the plot. There were no screaming zombies and yet there was lots of tension in the plot. As a reader I saw the new world through the eyes of the characters and so knew no more than them as they were regular people, rather than scientists.

There was enough of a glimpse of what was going on in the wider world though to know that all had changed and to allow suspense to build. The ending was certainly good and there was a good lead up to it.

I will look forward to more books from Cheryl
on 30 April 2014
Some strong characters - including the rooster. One of those satisfying endings, though not entirely unexpected. It is an affirming story that dwells on the positive side of human nature; it is all the more enjoyable for that.
on 18 January 2015
good plot and went along well
on 2 November 2015
Not what I expected but I loved this story. Well written with likeable characters. It merits a follow up but alas there is no sign of that.
on 12 August 2014
Well written, fast paced and a page turner. A good premise for the story will look out for this author in the future.
on 11 June 2014
Loved The characters and plot. Nice to see a strong woman and bright children. O'Reilly makes agood hero and the author obviously knows and loves Arizona. I'd like a follow-up.
on 2 January 2015
OK but not the best book I've read, too similar to others
on 4 June 2014
a great post apocolyptic adventure.easy reading and likeable characters. i was rooting for the good guys. stayed up all night to finish it.