5.0 out of 5 stars it just gets better and better
I absolutely loved this book. I really loved Mockingbird. I loved Blackbirds.

There's a sense of missing when the final page is finished. Chuck Wendig has created a hero that represents humanity as it really is. A very worthwhile read.
Published 2 months ago by The Secret DoS

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much of a relentless beatdown...
Published 2 months ago by CHAS NEWPORT

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much of a relentless beatdown..., 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Cormorant (Miriam Black) (Kindle Edition)
I get it that films and books often have a climactic scene where the hero is under assault, digs deep and fights back against adversity to demonstrate their inner strength but this goes a bit far for me. The last round in Rocky is one thing but the prolonged and relentless beat-down in this robbed me of any enjoyment I was having at the beginning. Full disclosure: I read it in one sitting which may have made the effect worse; it's also a compliment about how compelling the story is... BUT I ended up skipping page after page at about the 80% mark just to make it stop...

5.0 out of 5 stars it just gets better and better, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Cormorant (Miriam Black) (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. I really loved Mockingbird. I loved Blackbirds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly compelling, 23 Jan 2014
D. Kelly (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cormorant (Miriam Black) (Kindle Edition)
The ongoing story of Miriam Black's uniquely horrific life remains utterly spellbinding. Lots is made of the harshness, grit and grime of these books, and it's true, Wendig's characterisation is uncompromising. But you'll also be hard pushed to find books with more poetic prose. It's a trip. A bad trip.

The power of the series is that Miriam is not just a Chosen Oddity to thrust into odd situations; the books are all about her. She's the avatar of agency and self-destruction, and this third instalment finally explains those remaining gaps in her horrible history, and develops the supernatural world Wendig is building in spectacular ways. There are a lot of answers in this book, and whole new colors to the lady herself.

Wendig has quickly become one of my all time favorite authors, and I'd open a vein right now if I thought it would bring Thunderbird out sooner. Can't recommend these books highly enough, this one in particular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted and foul-mouthed heroine kicks up a storm in the Keys, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Cormorant (Miriam Black) (Kindle Edition)
Miriam Black is back in the third book of this griping, kick-arse, TORNADO of a series! Miriam is cursed with the ability to see how and when a person dies just by touching them. Tortured by the desire to try to prevent some grisly and untimely deaths, our heroine (or is she an anti-heroine?)sets out to take out the perpetrators before the events can occur.
But someone from her past is leaving messages in her visions, and those close to her are under threat.
The Florida Keys are the back-drop for this latest tale full of characters old and new. An unmissable novel for anyone in love with the inimitable Miriam Black!

(Couldn't put this down - read it in 3 days, highly recommended!)

ARRAY(0xb59c20c0)

The Cormorant (Miriam Black)
2.71