on 17 January 2014
Being an astrologer myself I read this book with a critical eye, the author does not disappoint. The astrology is very sound and I must say that I enjoy Lisa's particular writing style immensely. She has a friendly way of writing as if she is in the room talking with you. As I purchased this (at a steal I might add she is practically giving it away) halfway through January I had the luxury of testing some of the astrology in a very real way and the writing is uncanny with what is going on in my life, so I intend to take on board the advise for the rest of the year!

I was very pleasantly surprised by the extra numerology reading at the end of the book which you calculate yourself according to your date of birth in relation to the numerology of 2014, and found that almost as intriguing as the astrology forecast itself.

All in all a thoroughly good read, good astrology, numerology presented to the reader in a very friendly way.

I think I will have to purchase Lisa's Novel A Sealed Fate now as I do love her writing style.

Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2014
Lisa is one of my Facebook friends and I was keen to observe her professional writing style, as well as her astrological ability, as I may attempt a very similar project for 2015 myself.

It was interesting to read Lisa's interpretation as she analysed the trends for each category in Libra, as I myself write for a newspaper, I found myself " working " the horoscope, as I read more and more. It was interesting to note how Lisa interpreted each factor; and I am very curious about the predictive factor, as a lot that I read actually relates to my current lifestyle in real time.

I thought that the structure was good, and I have learned a fair bit, in all honesty, about structuring my own work for my own readers!

I would have preferred to see the contents begin at Aries, instead of Capricorn; however I do understand why she has done this.

On my kindle app on my iPad, you can see the menu of content; I would have liked to have seen the menu hyperlinked to each section for easy and speedy access. Instead, I have had to continually flick through many pages, through each sign to reach Libra.

I then discovered that I could just type into the search box, and go straight to that section.

I'm not into numerology, but calculated my number,which turns out to be 8, and to be honest again, found it to be very relevant !

Because of experienced gained throughout the years, I believe highly in pro-activity and empowerment, and would not class myself in any way, as a fatalist. My belief is that you can create your own successful future; but I do rate Lisa's book as a little mine of useful information, of which I am going to study each of the other signs, when I have more time.

I do hope that my friend publishes more e-books on amazon, as I shall certainly be buying them.

I learn a lot from this lady's work; she is very good, and knows her stuff more than most I have read; she has the potential to be one of Britain top astrologers in years to come.

John Thompson-Campbell.
on 4 January 2014
What impels the soothsayer's art? It's a question I asked myself when I read this book. But prediction is of course a life skill. Ask any creature which has been hunted, and ask the hunter if you dare get close enough. A tiger hunts by the predictability of its prey. If its prey is a man, he will be more unpredictable than the water buffalo, which will be down at the watering hole before sunset, but the tiger is quite capable of adapting to human unpredictability because it is merely a little more complicated than other animal behaviour and not even as complicated as that of prey used to surviving in that environment.

Thus the soothsayer's art is the art of the divination of the infinite possibilities. It may be driven by psychology, by the predictability of events which always repeat themselves in one form or another or of people who are condemned to repeat patterns of behaviour. Or it may be driven by genuine intuition, second sight. Of course we want to believe it is the latter. When Tiresias in Hades asks Odysseus to fill his cup with blood in return for soothsay, you know two things: firstly, Odysseus is going to get a bit of bad news and, secondly, he's not going to take a blind bit of notice - he can't, because he can't avoid his fate. It's sealed. This is really our fascination with the art. It's telling us what we should never know. We should never open that book of life in advance.

Ms. Lazuli has written a captivating little book in which she attempts to divine the events of the year 2014 for the twelve star signs. It is of course a weakness of generalised astrology that there are more than twelve possible outcomes for each of those born under the different signs. There may not be as many as there are births and it may be possible to generalise within limits but what we want is specificity, unless of course we are just seeking entertainment. In this way she scores because she does have the knack of making you think she is talking about you individually like a cross-my-palm-with-silver personal reading. She makes you look forward to experiencing the outcomes. Indeed she had me positively salivating for some of mine. She has a very modern slant, too, particularly to life and love, and she leaves you a little tantalised, definitely wanting more. I was leafing through the pages checking up on other star signs and dreaming I was them. Oh, the many lives I'd have!
on 28 September 2015