5.0 out of 5 stars Best action camera?
When I was looking for an action camera,I was looking at the more obvious contenders. A friend mentioned this product to me and I started looking at it. After a bit of research, I decided to buy it. The first thing to note is that it comes with a large selection of mounts and straps, even a spare door and seal for the waterproof case! Usually these things are extra...
Published 11 months ago by MadRab

1.0 out of 5 stars the case is poor quality and the camera didn't work properly
Not very impressed, the case is poor quality and the camera didn't work properly, it started to play back then the picture just pixilated into a mess, even with a different SD card fitted. Returned to Amazon.
Published 6 months ago by s r beasley

5.0 out of 5 stars Best action camera?, 12 May 2014
This review is from: QUMOX @ SJ4000 Black Action Sport Cam Camera Waterproof Full HD 1080p 720p Video Photo bike helmetcam water sport (Sports)
NOTE. About the only thing not in the box is a micro SD card, so I would recommend getting one of these at the same time. It will take up to a 32gb SDHC card.
After charging the camera, I fired it to the handlebar of my mountain bike and cycled around for a bit. The picture quality is excellent and the stability also very good. I then attached the camera to my cycle helmet and went out on the road. The image stability is better, as your body is damping vibration.
The camera cuts the video into 3 minute segments with a slight overlap (don't know if you can alter this) so you can stitch them together with software. The 'manual' is very basic, but the setup menus are fairly simple to understand.
All in all, this is a brilliant product, and bearing in mind that it's less than a third of the price of its main competitor, you just can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect budget GoPro alternative, 31 Jan. 2015
See my full review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPoUtp83sOQ
The SJ4000 is a perfect budget GoPro alternative,
The camera comes with a load of accessories and mounts so you have everything you need to get started. Replacement cases, mounts and batteries are cheap and easy to get hold of.

The camera has a built in LCD screen and its video quality is very good/sharp, probably not quite up there with the best gopro cameras but its mighty impressive considering this camera costs around the £65 mark.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bit of kit for the price. cant go wrong., 9 Mar. 2015
I feared this camera would not be able to compete with the more obvious contenders like GoPro but it did, and then some. Its all that you would want from a action camera and more, I've used it for paintball and cycling and it has taken a hell of a beating, its been shot, fallen in muddy/wet dykes, been out in the freezing cold rain and still runs perfectly, a lot of the time it has lasted longer than me! Sure, its not the BEST quality camera on the market but for what you are paying, it is brilliant! If you want to start somewhere with action cameras, start here. And as a added bonus it is compatible with GoPro equiptment which makes shopping for accessories easy!

5.0 out of 5 stars SJ4000, 26 May 2014
C. S. Kay (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I’ve bought in car cameras before and they have been lacking in every way but I can highly recommend the SJ4000 as it work very well and picture quality is really HD and not like a lot of others who claim to be so.

If anyone wants’ the in’s and out’s of these type of action cameras I recommend doing a Google for ‘Techmoan’ where you will find a good honest review of this and many other worthy cameras.

I’m using this camera, not as an action camera but as a in car camera so I have not used the waterproof accessories that come with the 4000 but there are many different mounting arrangements for this camera in the pack I’m sure they will suit most users.
Some say that the lens on this camera has too wide a field of view but for me it’s perfect for catching everything that can be seen out of the widescreen and even though the wide angle produces a slight fish eye view the video is pin sharp right to the edges and just as demo I can read the reg of cars parked on driveways that are almost right angle to the road I’m driving on although of course this is not my purpose for the camera as my main protection for this is recording activity in front of my car.

For use in the car the camera has auto start and stop so when I start the engine of the car the camera start recording and I have it set to record in 10 minute over lapping video files so when the key is removed from the ignition the camera will go on recording for up to 10 minute or whatever is left of its 10 minute cycle. The 10 minutes is adjustable downward to make shorter bites but the video on say a one hour journey are all seamlessly joined together and the ideal of breaking up the video recording length into shorter pieces is, I assume, to make the file sizes more manageable should you need to send a file to your insurance company. I use 32GB miniSD card with mine that can hold about 4 hours at top quality recording and with the camera in car mode when the card is full it just rewrites over the card from the beginning again so once setup you can just leave it until one day when you may require video evidence of an occurrence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug. 2014
The video quality from this camera is superb. The colours are great - it works brilliantly underwater too as it comes with load of accessories. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars It floats!!, 31 Aug. 2014
I was a little skeptical whether this camera would produce decent results, but after spending 2 weeks in Egypt filming both in the pool and the sea the results are really good.

There was minor fogging inside the water proof casing after 40 minutes in the sea but this was nowhere near the lens and had cleared once out of the water. I also purchased the 32GB QUMOX sd card a second battery and the external charger, all worked with no issues. An extra bonus that I discovered is this camera when in its water proof case floats unlike the GoPro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to Go Pro, 22 July 2014
Good alternative to Go Pro. Still not 100% sure of all the attachments but have been using a small joby gorrilapod for driving shots wrapping it around the rear view mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bit of kit!, 25 Aug. 2014
This is an amazing camera for the money. The Quality is amazing, and it has extra features that a GoPro doesn't have, such as the screen on the back, etc. I use this for family days out, as well as sports, and it's perfect for both.

It comes with loads of mounts, such as a belt clip, handlebar mount, waterproof case etc, and any GoPro mount will fit this too (I have a head strap and an extendable handle for example).

Can't recommend it enough - I have no idea why someone would choose to purchase a GoPro, when this is a quarter of the price and exactly the same! I was expecting perhaps poor quality picture or poor workmanship etc, but not at all!

1.0 out of 5 stars the case is poor quality and the camera didn't work properly, 9 Oct. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars but very good piece of equipment, 28 Dec. 2014
Bought for son as Xmas present - loves it. Hasn't tried in water yet or sky diving! but very good piece of equipment. Easy to download films to Mac.