Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 August 2014
Unlike most of my fellow reviewers, I had no legitimate nostalgic reason for wanting to send for this: I just know good value when I see it, that's all. Two discs of music, with an accompanying MP3 download included, and all for less than a fiver? I could probably be talked into buying two discs' worth of Mongolian Throat Singing if it was presented like that, never mind something that contains the musical genius of both Andy Williams AND Floyd Cramer.

I'm not unaccustomed to making impulse buys - especially in this 'Top 40' series, funnily enough - but this particular collection might just be one of my most astute purchases ever. The sound quality is excellent, the selection of tunes is inspired and there, truly, is not a duff track to be found anywhere. There's a great mix of genres and styles that is just perfect for a relative stranger to this decade such as myself. And the music is not your usual, predictable, sort of stuff either.

Putting 'On The Rebound' and 'Music To Watch Girls By' to one side, my favourite song on here has actually turned out to be one I had never previously heard before: Georgie Fame's 'The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde'. Apparently it got to number one in 1968 which, although before my time, surely should have afforded it the sort of status that would have led to me meeting it courtesy of some other form of impulse purchase before now? I can't believe something like that has escaped my attention all these years!

Honestly, this is the sort of purchase that gives impulse buying a good name.
on 26 November 2014
I just love 50s/60s music as I'm sure Amazon can tell by my recent purchases,as well as this one in the last couple or so weeks I've purchased 100 Hits-Legends of Rock 'N' Roll Stars Of The 50s Stars Of The 60s Massive Hits! 60s and The Very Best Of The Beach Boys I can highly recomend them all.
on 2 June 2015
Just around the corner is an old saying and with these songs so many great artist and marvellous songs put together on one CD that will have you jumping around doing the highland fling. Plenty of different songs just ready to put you in the mood, you won't be sorry and at this price you won't regret it. The moods of various artist put you in a relaxing state that just listening to them will have you remembering all from long ago so what are you waiting for, pick up the music and get connected in your own way just floating with the sound doing your thing. Enjoy!
on 2 July 2014
great music from a great era of " love " !!! although some how , I missed out ha ha ! X
on 13 March 2014
This is a good collection of 60s music, I would recommend this collection to those who enjoy the music .my thanks to the seller .
on 16 September 2015
Crackin' 60's compilation is this one and a bargain at just £3. Nice to hear the original recordings too not a load of them 'suss' re-recordings, don't you just hate them.
on 8 April 2014
Brings many memories back in to mind - had to order another, daughter took mine away with her after listening to it with me......
on 30 May 2014
very good, mixture of 60s songs somne different to other cds that's all i wantmto say on this no more
on 17 April 2015
This CD had a great selection of hits from the era and revived great memories
on 12 June 2014
I remember that this didnt show the Track Listing which as an Intelligent woman FRUSTRATES the hell out of me!! I don't want to get a CD and find that I have ALL the tracks already. This was quite cheap and I wanted it for the car as I dio a lot of driving.YThe surprise for me was " Quick Joey Small" by Kasenetz-Katz Singing Orchestral Circus. That is a 'gem' indeed and rare on a 60's Collection. SO that was a treat. Look at the track listing. Its a double CD it was cheap and it was new. You cant possibly go wrong with ANY 60's CD !!