Published 21 days ago by Hal Marshall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my taste!
I know most of the songs, and they were successful in their time! I really like my Sixties music as Rock n Roll, often British, guitar and drumbeat with a foundation in R and B. That isn't what this album offers! The closest the music gets to it is very early sixties, and is more country. It's pkay, it's compilation, it's sixties. I doubt if it'll much play by me!
Published 2 months ago by Ticktock

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my decade but, on the strength of this, I rather wish it was, 8 Aug 2014
Hal Marshall "I Write Books!" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
Unlike most of my fellow reviewers, I had no legitimate nostalgic reason for wanting to send for this: I just know good value when I see it, that's all. Two discs of music, with an accompanying MP3 download included, and all for less than a fiver? I could probably be talked into buying two discs' worth of Mongolian Throat Singing if it was presented like that, never mind something that contains the musical genius of both Andy Williams AND Floyd Cramer.

I'm not unaccustomed to making impulse buys - especially in this 'Top 40' series, funnily enough - but this particular collection might just be one of my most astute purchases ever. The sound quality is excellent, the selection of tunes is inspired and there, truly, is not a duff track to be found anywhere. There's a great mix of genres and styles that is just perfect for a relative stranger to this decade such as myself. And the music is not your usual, predictable, sort of stuff either.

Putting 'On The Rebound' and 'Music To Watch Girls By' to one side, my favourite song on here has actually turned out to be one I had never previously heard before: Georgie Fame's 'The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde'. Apparently it got to number one in 1968 which, although before my time, surely should have afforded it the sort of status that would have led to me meeting it courtesy of some other form of impulse purchase before now? I can't believe something like that has escaped my attention all these years!

Honestly, this is the sort of purchase that gives impulse buying a good name.

5.0 out of 5 stars good listening, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
This is a good collection of 60s music, I would recommend this collection to those who enjoy the music .my thanks to the seller .

5.0 out of 5 stars great music from a great era of " love ", 2 July 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
great music from a great era of " love " !!! although some how , I missed out ha ha ! X

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb 60's, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
I bought this CD because I loved the songs on it,my parents were big fans of 50's and 60's music so I cut my teeth on music from the 60's and this CD did not disappoint me,the music is marvellous,memorable and fantastic.I'd highly recommend this great CD to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars 60 s music, 30 May 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
very good, mixture of 60s songs somne different to other cds that's all i wantmto say on this no more

4.0 out of 5 stars nostalgic, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Top 40 - Sixties (MP3 Download)
This was a trip back to my early teens with memories of my first interest in music and in fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!!, 8 April 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
Brings many memories back in to mind - had to order another, daughter took mine away with her after listening to it with me......

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album............why was there no track listing, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
I remember that this didnt show the Track Listing which as an Intelligent woman FRUSTRATES the hell out of me!! I don't want to get a CD and find that I have ALL the tracks already. This was quite cheap and I wanted it for the car as I dio a lot of driving.YThe surprise for me was " Quick Joey Small" by Kasenetz-Katz Singing Orchestral Circus. That is a 'gem' indeed and rare on a 60's Collection. SO that was a treat. Look at the track listing. Its a double CD it was cheap and it was new. You cant possibly go wrong with ANY 60's CD !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Good songs Good singers, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: TOP 40 - SIXTIES (Audio CD)
Hi There. Brilliant. Good songs Good singers. Thanks. Geoff Wallis.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my taste!, 11 Jun 2014