5.0 out of 5 stars Play That Funky Music!, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Top 40 - Disco (Audio CD)
I wasn't actually looking for any sort of Disco music when this product and I bonded across an internet connection. Nevertheless, it was love at first sight at my end. I'm impulsive like that sometimes. Especially when my seemingly aimless perusal of the temptations around here also keeps me from more mundane activities like the ironing, the hoovering and trimming the hair in my nostrils. Well, you know what I'm saying I'm sure.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

This double disc compilation had three things going for it at the time fate compelled me to urgently relocate it to my shopping basket;

1. It was remarkably cheap. I'm no skinflint but I do notice things like that. My palms started to sweat, that's how much I noticed it. At that stage, it was more a case of trying to find reasons why 'Top 40 - Disco' would NOT be appearing on my doormat within 24 hours.

2. Being comparatively cheap, I naturally assumed the artists I would find on here would be folk I'd never previously heard of. Not so... with the notable exception of about half a dozen people and bands I had never encountered before in this lifetime, most of these are classic tracks. 'T.S.O.P' and 'Rock The Boat' were the ones that really appealed to me. They were calling to me really, enticing me with their undisputable Disco charms. I'm susceptible to that sort of thing sometimes.

3. Far from having to wait a whole 24 hours before Boogieing on down to Baccara in my kitchen, or Blaming It On The Boogie with The Jacksons in my bathroom, I could have all forty tracks 'Auto-Ripped' within seconds... with just one click of a button.

The purchase was practically inevitable at that stage, although I still had an annoyingly sensible little Jimmy Cricket fella on my shoulder, looking suspiciously like my bank manager. No, hang about... JIMINY Cricket, that's the one. Not the chap with the wellies (I'm not THAT weird). What were the potential negatives to my purchase? Well, I do have most of these Disco hits already, on a variety of different discs. Apart from the ones performed by folk I had never previously heard of. I don't want to pick on Rodney Franklin specifically, but he's the sort of bloke I'm talking about. Then again, I don't suppose he's heard of me either, so that probably makes us even. 'The Groove' is pretty catchy mind you, so who cares?

The point is though, this double disc set puts all those songs and tunes in the one convenient place. The sort of place where they can then be played as background music while a person goes about his business engaged in mundane activities like the ironing, the hoovering and trimming the hair in his nostrils.

Jiminy was on increasingly shaky ground by then and he defected to my side with no further argument whatsoever. And, I have to say, whether courtesy of my computer or played at high volume on my CD player, this really is a well-chosen and interesting collection of music, and the sound quality is excellent.

Three cheers for procrastination, that's all I can say!

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC DISCO, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Top 40 - Disco (Audio CD)
VERY GOOD CD LOTS ON ARRIVED IN BRAND NEW SEALED CONDITION VALUE FOR MONEY ALL ORIGINAL ARTISTS GET ANY PARTY UP DANCING

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Top 40 - Disco (Audio CD)
this album is for you if you like Disco music all the tracks are good as far as I can see their is not a bad track on this album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE GOODS

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Top 40 - Disco (Audio CD)
only arrived this morning but i recieved a rip copy straight to my pc for the price its a great cd with some classic disco songs cant go wrong really

Top 40 - Disco