Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 7 February 2014
These are a cheap knock-off version of the somewhat overpriced Clover pompom makers. That said, they work perfectly fine, they are very easy to use and you get all 4 sizes in one pack. They have already survived an intensive pompom making 'fest' by 2 children without any issues. As far as the instructions are concerned - it's a good job there are some reasonable photos on the back of the packaging, because the written instructions are hilarious. They have obviously been translated by a computer from something like Chinese into English and make no sense whatsoever. Quite an amusing read though! Will they stand up to years of use? No idea. Might you need to look up how to use them on YouTube? Probably. But for the price, they are a bargain.
0Comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2014
Quick delivery. Within an hour of their arrival they were in use, firstly a test run followed by several bobbles in record time. My wife is very please with them, saved her a huge amount of time,. Go ahead and buy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 February 2016
I bought this pack of pom-pom makers after watching a friend use something identical.

Ask yourself - what takes up most of your time when you make a pom-pom in the "normal" way?

1) Finding some card - cutting out 2 disks of the right size.
2) Winding the wool around the card; ie threading it through that hole - again and again.

Fair enough - it won't kill you, but what if you want to make a whole load of pom-poms at once? What if you have other things to do with your time?
This little gadget set was cheap (£2.12) and it allowed me to make proper pom-poms in no time at all. I didn't have to plug it in, it didn't need batteries, and I could reuse it.

So how did it work? I've attached a few pics of the various stages - the idea is that it's a whole lot quicker and easier to wind wool round and round something (for example, around a stick) rather than repeatedly threading it through a hole.
All I had to do select the right size of ring, wind my wool around each separate half, then fold the 2 halves together. I cut, trimmed, and tied as normal, and it worked a treat - about 4 minutes from start to finish.

There are 4 rings from which to choose - and they are quite durable. So far, I've made 20 pom-poms with the yellow one, and the gadget is as good as new.
on 30 March 2015
I deliberated long and hard over buying these, after all, I've been making Pom poms with two bits of card for years. These are BRILLIANT. buy some now. It takes a few minutes to make a Pom pom and is easy Peary and not remotely frustrating. I'd recommend buying a pair of snips to cut them with as it can be tricky with scissors.
on 26 March 2014
Was a little hesitant buying something from another country as I always fear it getting lost or damaged. I was pleasantly surprised when the item safely arrived within a week of ordering it.
I found these all well made and despite comments from others I found the instructions clear, although very minimal. There are YouTube videos if you need help.
I can now make a pom pom in 2/3 minutes including tidying it up at the end.
These are just as good as those I've seen for £8 for just one.
Very pleased and would buy again without hesitation. In this case there is no need to spend more money!
on 30 May 2014
so easy to use and makes perfect pom poms so even every time i am very pleased with this product
on 26 May 2014
Great little item.great that you get 4in a pack all different sizes .very easy directions and makes a Pom Pom in about five minutes.i
on 6 October 2015
OK so it took ages to arrive, I contacted the seller to advise and they responded immediately and resent the item. It arrived this morning and I've just made my 1st (huge) fluffy pompom. It turned out beautifully and miles quicker and easier to do than the old 2 circles of cardboard method.
The instructions on the back of the pack are maybe not the easiest to follow but once you think about it, its really quite intuitive to do. Only thing that baffled me was how to extract the finished pompom, you have to pull the white centre bit up and off the central spindle. I thought I'd broken it but it is necessary and the whole thing then just slots back together.
Great little gadget, I'm hooked already :-)
on 14 August 2015
Best buy ever so fast to make great pom poms
review image
on 12 January 2015
always used to cut up card to make pompoms, not any more! These are really easy to use and quick too, my son is obsessed with making pompoms now, wished I had bought some sooner, great fun and weirdly satisfying ( bit sad, I know ) how easy you can add pom poms to everything- hats, cushions, xmas decorations - nothing is safe!