5.0 out of 5 stars i am in love!!
What a great little camera! Its compact, light and easy to use. Takes good quality pictures. Not brilliant in dark settings and flash makes pictures too bright but for this price its still good enough. I bought it to take pictures of my baby and it does the job brilliantly. If you are taking it on the tour or holiday do buy a spare battery.
Published 3 months ago by Giedre

2.0 out of 5 stars Refurnised unit?
Received the A5000 from Amazon. To my surprise, when I open, the camera does not come with 3 items that I saw on those Youtube unboxing videos. First, there should be a tag that is tied to the strap holder. 2nd, there should be a WIFI/NFC tag that is fitted on the pop up flash. Last is the 180 degrees label that is pasted on the LCD. All are missing. Is the UK set (white...
Published 8 months ago by Tan Chee Seng

5.0 out of 5 stars i am in love!!, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Sony a5000 Digital Camera with SEL-1650 Zoom Lens - Black (20.1MP) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality photos from a tiny package, 14 May 2014
millionsofpeaches (st albans, hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The main reason for choosing the A5000 was the large sensor and excellent handling of the camera in my hand.
The camera produces lovely rich photo's, the kit lens is more then adequate and covers a great range from 24mm wide angle to 75mm.
The flash works fine and is very useful to have built in, rather then a add on, the flipping LCD is adequate and has a shortcut for outdoors use which drastically increases the brightness, making life easier on sunny days, I do wish the LCD was bigger and a higher resolution.
Camera focuses nice and fast and there is no delay or lag in shutter to capture of your subjects.
All in all a excellent little camera that can go everywhere with you and capture DSLR quality images, also a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy indeed, 3 Jan. 2015
This is my first 'proper' camera, and so far I am really impressed. It has been so easy to take pictures that are so much better than i have been able to achieve in the past (I was using an iPhone so not surprising), but I have been blown away by how crisp and impressive my photos have been.

The camera has been very easy to navigate and explore. There are helpful hints and descriptions about each of the settings available. The auto settings seem very good, and the shooting modes seem to make it easy to explore each setting in turn before I attempt to go for the full manual settings.

I was a little worried that it may be difficult to get into, but I am happy to say that the camera is not intimidating at all, and I would recommend this camera wholeheartedly to anyone who, like me, is starting to get into photography, or just someone who wants a high class point and shoot.

Stylish, small and light, easy to use, great value for money, can't wait to master it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding product, 13 Mar. 2015
This is my first Compact System Camera and I am extremely pleased with the Sony a5000 (white). I bought it together with the Zenness Protective PU Leather case (Coffee) and cannot fault either. I only run Linux (Mint 17). I've not "dug deep" but have noticed that you cannot transfer photos directly from the camera using the USB cable. Don't know about SD socket as my old laptop doesn't have that luxury! I do have a Flickr account so I can upload photos straight from the camera with the free "direct upload" app from Sony. You then have the opportunity to share / download them as required. The camera is quite small, all lens really, it's an outstanding product and I've only scraped the surface with regards it's possibilities. Update, if you put the camera on USB Mode MTP you can import directly to your linux "picture" folder. Chuffed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera!, 5 Jan. 2015
Love this camera,i just wanted a camera to depend on for taking pictures on my vacation as opposed to just using my iphone.my only gripe would be the selfie pictures tends to focus on one person instead of giving a clear photo.But mybe thats cause theres some settings that i havent accustomed to yet.Low light pictures are amazing! Better than taking pictures with ANY iphone.battery power is superb as have been said by many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera I've ever had., 20 Feb. 2015
I love this camera. I'm studying abroad and it was the perfect camera for all of trips around Europe. It's small enough to fit in my purse but strong enough to take awesome pictures of the beautiful sights I've been seeing. I also love the wifi features that allows me to upload photos to my smartphone and to my computer! It's awesome and totally worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice compact raw camera, 6 Jan. 2015
I bought this camera as I was looking for a decent, high quality, raw camera with a wide lens without going for a DSLR. The flip around screen is great, the image quality for the price point is impressive. I like that there's the option to go full manual, focus & exposure wise or just use one of the intelligent presets if you're in a hurry.

My 1 star mark-down is because when the lens is fully wide, there is a fair amount of vignetting, more than I'd like. However all of the benefits outweigh this for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain for its class, 28 Mar. 2015
This is a very sexy camera indeed and a bargain considering it has most of the features of its next model (the A6000). The only omissions here are a few buttons (not really necessary for most jobs) and the hot shoe for other flashes. It's light but pretty robust and the monitor screen that swivels up is a great feature. Perfect for recording video too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems a very good camera at a very reasonable £233 and I look ..., 5 Jan. 2015
Seems a very good camera at a very reasonable £233 and I look forward to confirming this once have used it more. The only adverse comment is that the pop- up flash unit appears not to be very robust. The flash has to be manually pushed back in again and I am concerned that it will bend or become out of alignment after time. Obviously one needs to be very careful as it folds back into the camera rather that it just being pushed straight down. Also, because the flash is very small (but powerful), I imagine that it might be quite easy to forget to close it after shooting. This could be disasterous if it is put into a pocket or case without thinking.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best camera I have owned!, 8 May 2015
The best camera I have owned. I have had a few in my time, this time I wanted something more compact and to get the job done. I can not believe the pictures you can take with this thing amazing. I also edit my images on my home pc as a hobby I'm still learning new things daily. So if you are looking for a new camera that packs the punch get this now you won't regret it the price is so worth it.