5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published 15 months ago by serendipity5

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Perfect for teens, I'm a bit too old for this series.
Published 7 months ago by Lynn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Something to Curse About (Discord Jones Urban Fantasy Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the first but I absolutely loved the second. I think that's par for the course with a series, we begin to connect with the characters and become invested in the outcome as if we knew them! Cordi is developing as a character along with her abilities, which are pretty awesome. We meet a lot of the same characters, some of them I loved, some I distrusted along with Cordi and some new ones. I really loved Terra, she seems to be very in tune with Cordi, I'm looking forward to seeing her again, she was brilliant. My dislike of Nick grew in this series along with my love for Logan! Logan is so awesome I really want Cordi to see that too!

This time Cordi has a wild ride and yet again goes out on her own after a 'trace' and ends up in trouble. I absolutely loved where that took her and the plot line with the dogs was totally brilliant, I enjoyed every second of it. Completely original. Her cases this time revolve around a lost dog and suicides within the city that don't appear to be suicides. Discovering the bad guy was terrifying and there was a point where I didn't see a way out but it the story found its way and I found myself loving her character even more. I hugely look forward to the next instalment when it comes out, and having discovered a few snippets on the authors website about life around the time of the melding I am even more curious. I am in it for the long haul with this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent follow up!, 10 Feb. 2014
Nancy "romance mad" (Kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book takes up pretty much where the last one left off in "Arcane Solutions". The cast of characters is great, with Discord Jones running around unsure of what is going on or how to fix things, but with the help of the people in her life she's willing to give it her best shot.
This time round Cordie has a heavy duty curse to fix, one that is forcing humans to kill themselves after going on a killing spree. There is lot's of the Lovely Logan in this book (which can only be a good thing). Go on give it a go, this is shaping up to be a good series. Can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this., 30 April 2014
I had been struggling to find another book to keep my attention and was wondering if perhaps I had overdosed on reading recently but then I read Arcane solution (book 1 in series) swiftly followed by this. It was just what I needed. The story was engaging and well paced and kept me hooked until the end. I have added this series to my list of 'better things to do than housework' and will definitely be downloading the next book in the series when it comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book and series, 25 Feb. 2014
Amazon Customer (Swadlincote, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Trapped in bed with an inner ear infection I was searching for something to pass the time... and got way more then I bargained for :)
Both this book and the previous are exceptional in that the characters are well realized, fun and only annoying when they are supposed to be. The writing style is fun and flowing and doesn't get bogged down or awkward. Story, both over the series so far and in the individual books, has a great pace to it. I read both books without stopping and can honestly say I can not wait for the next one :)
I have read lots of urban fantasy novels and if you like the style of Ilona Andrews, Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison or the Iron Druid Chronicles you will definitely get a lot out of these books :)

4.0 out of 5 stars something to curse about, 21 Jan. 2014
A. McDonald "Pallas" (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
discordia jones is fast becoming my favourite character. this was a wonderful second book cant wait for more in this series

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan. 2014
I really enjoyed the first book in the series but this second book is even better. It's looking to be a great series. Can't wait for number 3. Going to be something i'll read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin' Discord, 15 Jun. 2014
Drummond has written this series to perfection so far, a fantastic set of characters that you immediately want to invest time in and get to know, all surrounded in a great storyline - reminds me of Ilona Andrews, Kate Daniels series (which I love). Discord character is well written, gets the job done while keeping a sense of humour and unlike other lead characters, doesn't feel the need to 'go it alone' accepting help from her friends.

Great series, well written, can't wait for book 3!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 19 May 2014
Another new author for me and I loved this book and the first Discord Jones book. I'm so lucky to have found another great character. If you like the kind of books I do then this is for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enjoyable read, 3 May 2014
Great characters, interesting world and a good plot. A genuinely enjoyable read and a series I will be following the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this series!, 10 April 2014
Viki "Viki" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Fast-paced, great heroine, really good story-telling, the kind of book you don't want to put down and hate to finish! Can't wait until the next book comes out!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›