Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£0.99

on 6 March 2014
wowzers...so much going on. i could not put it down.
I love Sara, she is such a feisty character, and knows what she wants. With all the stuff going on, i cannot predict an ending and thats what i love about this duo. On to the next book now 'Burn'. So excited to see where all the chaos leads to.
Great read and well written...give it a whirl xx
on 16 March 2014
I read a lot of books on kindle and this book is not as good as the customer reviews say it is. There are a lot of mistakes with grammar and dialogue is very bad at times.

The author writes dialogue in this book very badly at times, for example someone who is educated like a solicitor would not speak the way the author writes and words people wouldn't say in a sentence.

The story line is o.k nothing to hype about, Ive read better story lines although believable with relationship problems because even the best relationships have problems.

I think it could have been better, it was rushed in some parts too of the chapters, the author hasn't spent enough time with character building except for perhaps the main characters of the book and perhaps her goal was on those characters only in this book.

My reasons for three stars is because it does disappoint, there is a lot grammar and dialogue errors, the story not as strong and could be better, it was rushed in my opinion, the way the main character got her job in a solicitors firm not believable at all, things do not land in your lap as she wrote no matter how attractive you are, people have to work hard for gain anything in life, even models struggle, in five years separation of her home town and ex-boyfriend sounds like she was away for twenty years rather than only five years.

Disappointing and could have been better.
on 26 March 2014
I had to write a review for this book as I couldn't put it down. The grammar isn't the best as one reviewer states , but this really doesn't matter. The same reviewer states that some things that happen ,such as Sara landing the solicitors office job so easily aren't believable, but if you go on to read the second book all will become clear. I had to download Burn the sequel immediately and was bereft when I had finished these books.
on 13 February 2014
This book was amazing. Really good storyline, interesting characters, what more could you ask? Realising there is a second book wasn't so good though. I wanted it done and dusted in one. Ah well.
on 23 March 2014
Review is for 'Ignite' and 'Burn'.

Sara and Jaxon, beautiful together. Loved that they grew up in the same street, went to the same school. Loved that their love grew slowly but surely. To think that I had held back from buying this one and its sequel for the longest possible time because I had 'assumed' that it would be 'just one more' of those books that would never allow the couple to surface outside the bedroom door. Each time 'Ignite' and 'Burn' came up in my search for romance fiction I dismissed them. I only decided to download them on a whim recently and even then it was the price that prompted me to take a chance.

Didn't take me long into the first book to realise that there was so much more to the indistinct titles of these two books. The love scenes were sensual without them taking over the story - a crucial factor for me. This was one of those few instances when I didn't feel that I had been misled by all the favourable positive reviews. Both Sara and Jaxon were likeable and stayed in character through book 1 and 2. The pacing of their romance was not rushed. And while there were many elements and threads in the story that took the reader by surprise, I didn't come away feeling that the incidents were contrived; not even when events and incidents happened 'out of left field' with regularity. It helped that I believed in these two lovers and in their enduring love, each for the other.

And who wouldn't love Jaxon as a romance hero? He reminded me of that eternal love song whose title says it all - 'Everything I Do, I Do It For You'. His love for Sara was steadfast. Even when pushed to the extreme of limits by Sara, his love endured. Loved that he was frantic when she was captured by his rival. He raged in the forecourt outside those gates for hours in the rain, demanding her release. Just one of the countless instances in the story that highlighted his love for her.

Goes to show that sometimes, just sometimes, along comes a love story that really fits its billing as a love story..This is one that will stay in my Kindle as a keeper, to be read again.

No complaints about the writing and grammar either. Well-edited. And at a 'beautiful' price for both books. Will definitely invest in this author and her future work. Four and a half stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
R.J Lewis is my favourite new discovered author for 2014 so far! This book was just damn, I loved every bit of it. When Sara Nolan gets bullied at school by the troll named Jade, Jaxon comes to her rescue, already dealing with dysfunctional parents, she struggled to live in a normal healthy environment, and Jaxon became her protector who she shadowed and ran errands for lol. The blossomed friendship between Jaxon and Sara was so cute, his mother also took a shining to Sara and her life changed for the good, feeling loved and part of a family which she deserved. As Sara grows into a beautiful girl, Jaxon recognises this and steers the boy's away lol. We see Jaxon and Sara enter an intimate relationship, two people so perfect for each other, until words throw doubt on their relationship and make Sara question her independence, changing their lives forever, bringing regret and heartache. I loved the drama that followed Sara and Jaxon, how decisions altered the course of their lives, and how much they really loved one another as they faced each other again after five years apart. The romance was sweet and beautiful, Jaxon I just loved him, and he was such a bad ass, sexy protective alpha male, who knew how to ignite Sara. Ps I fell for the mysterious guy too lol! Really good read, firm re-read for me.
on 17 February 2014
The pages flew by as I became engrossed in this story of Sara and Jaxon.
The story begins when they are children and Jaxon rescues Sara from school bullies and gives her a second home from her abusive parents. They become inseparable all through their school life. When they reach their late teens they move away to start a new life together. But life together isn't a bed of roses and Sara leaves Jaxon. Her stubborn and anger characteristics making life unbearable with easy going Jaxon. She soon discovers her mistake but Jaxon has disappeared.
Sara and Jaxon have been separated for five years. But when Sara's mother is killed she returns to her home town and a meeting with Jaxon is inevitable.
Jaxon has become successful business man by involvement with a motor bike gang, the Scorpions. A world away from where Sara works, a law firm. The town has changed and Sara finds it difficult coming to terms with the changing town and her Mothers death.
However Sara and Jaxon's relationship is rekindled but their lives are thrown into turmoil when Sara is kidnapped by a rival biker gang, Jackal. And her true family roots are revealed.
This captivating story is well written. The characters are well developed and detailed so that I felt I knew them.
Excellent recommended
on 24 March 2014
ignite and burn are the best books I have ever read a and I have read a lot couldn't np.it down had to carry on reading to found out what happens next loved them
on 6 March 2014
Read the reviews and wasn't sure. Well how wrong was I, the plot was excellent and there were so many twists that you don't see coming. The author gave the story some serious thought before writing this and it is evident in the way the story comes together. You seriously have to buy this, off to buy the conclusion
on 19 March 2014
Wow! Just Wow!
After reading the reviews, mostly positive, thought if give it a shot. The negative reviews did make me doubt that I would "love" it....but the negative reviews are sooooooo wrong!
What an amazing book! Omg, I cried so much! Not the typical good girl, bad boy read I thought it would be, this book deals with a topic that is new and fresh. It is VERY well written. Yes, it has a few spelling and grammatical errors, but it absolutely does not take anything away from the book.

The angst and heartache I felt throughout was amazing! I stayed up untill 3am to finish it, as I literally couldn't put it down. Don't find many like that these days, mostly a lot of same old, but this book has just raised the bar.

Fantastic read, highly recommend. I have just one-clicked 'burn' aswell, and as soon as I have blitzed my house in under an hour, I will be on it like sonic!! :)