on 9 February 2014
This series keeps on getting better and better. It is also longer then the preceding books which was a joy - I usually read so fast and this book took me almost two days to finish. If you haven't yet read the earlier novels, I highly recommend you do so as Mr Henwick doesn't follow the norm when it comes to adding in snippets of the previous novel in order to tie it all together for you! I re-read ALL of them before starting Wild Card :-)

Amber Farrell continues to (unintentionally) buck the Supernatural system as she tries to come to terms with who, and what she is. Her sense of balance, of what's inherently right, unfortunately doesn't mix well with all the political ramifications of Supernatural politics and Emergence. Caught between two supernatural cultures, she finds herself reacting with what feels right and which, to others, is seen as dangerous, impulsive and untrustworthy. I like it!

Amber has promised to find a rogue werewolf who's been killing indiscriminately for years and, until he's stopped, the Denver pack is at risk of losing their territory if the Confederation steps in on the pretext of solving the issue - and claiming their land due to perceived incompetence. As she begins the search, she begins to uncover a more sinister pattern that both threatens her, her Kin and Emergence - as well as the stability of the Denver pack.

On a personal level, we see Amber become more comfortable with the Were side if her nature and also develop deeper relationships with her Kin - so good to see on all levels. I'm looking forward to seeing further development of her Athanate side and how this influences the storyline!

While this book is easy to read, Mr Henwick does include a lot of detail, plots and sub-plots that we can anticipate coming together in future books, as well as an informative and interesting view on army life (Thanks Susan Illene!)which just adds to the overall storyline.

Well done Mark Henwick!
on 29 May 2014
Again wow, this story just doesn't let up. Literally I sat on the edge of the seat with my heart racing for practically the whole of the book. I laughed, I cried, I wanted to shout and generally just about every emotion carried me away. This episode in Amber's very busy non relenting life features the werewolves a great deal and that side of her nature. She develops even more as a character and the family around her in turn change and move forward in their own way. We had a quite a few questions answered but even more opened up as far as I was concerned and I am desperate to find out what happens next, the wait will be agony!

For such a long book (thank goodness for that) I find it really hard to explain exactly why it was so wonderful, the rich detail in every action and decision, the back story, the characters, the conversations, but the hunt for the rogue and the Matlal leftovers kept me totally captivated. Each new twist and turn was totally unexpected and one of the plot lines towards the end (involving Melissa) still has me in shock! It was all so complicated and intricately woven, I loved every second of it. Mr Henwick you have just gained yourself another fan. I can't wait to read what comes next.
on 6 February 2014
In the last book we see the power of a dragon but now come the problem of giving that power stability and the various issues surrounding that as well as other issues and this results in a exiting climax for the reader which sure to leave you eager to read the next book.
on 1 February 2014
I bought this book as soon as I had the money in my account and I couldn't be more pleased. So much suspense, it can't be good for my heart, lol. I loved this book, well the whole series actually. Mark Henwick is my number 1 favourite male without and Bite Back 4 can't come soon enough. Although I had strong suspicions about the rogue the book kept me guessing until the last minute. Fantastic writing and such amazingly believable characters. My highest recommendation even if you hate paranormal romance, they'll love this because it is so much more.
on 10 August 2014
I am constantly trawling the net to find new urban fantasy/paranormal books (preferably series) and I can't think how I haven't seen this series before .....except perhaps that it was only released on Kindle at the end of last year. Now I am eagerly awaiting the next book. Love the characters and it all sounds so plausible even though we all know that vampires (sorry, athanate) and werewolves etc don't exist.........do they?
Mark Henwick is certainly in my top 5 authors for this genre (and I have read a lot of them!) :)
on 17 January 2014
Like the way this book moves the plot forward. This series keeps getting better can't wait for the next one to be out.
on 5 November 2014
I loved the last two books, and I'm always apprehensive that the story line won't keep strong, with the characters that I love becoming diminished. Well no worries here because this series just keeps getting better and better, with the flavour of the main characters becoming more intense.
on 5 February 2014
I am really enjoying this series and can hardly wait for the next book. Mark henwick has created this Athenate/ werewolf worl d with an intricate/ complicated background which draws you in and means you have to concentrate!
on 17 January 2014
I have enjoyed the whole series.
the heroine is delightfully diffident but assertive and the hero is attractive.
a good read
on 3 February 2014
This series just gets better. Characters are maturing relationships developing and a story line that keeps you engaged till the end