Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 March 2014
Nina Nesbitt wrote many songs before releasing this first album. The deluxe version offers us nothing less than 20 songs from the young Scottish singer. All are based mostly on acoustic guitar in a pop-rock style.
The album alterns balads and catchy tunes like the single Selfies. My favourites apart form this one are Peroxide - the opening song that gave its title to the album, Stay Out, 18 Candles, The Outcome, Brit Summer, Don't Stop and the strong piano balad The People. Overall the album is rather up tempo and puts you in a good mood.
Nina's voice is really agreable, with a unique timbre particularly adapted to rock. The lyrics of her songs are either fun or moving, but always come across as natural, just like her music. The whole album is very coherent, and despite the fact all the songs are in the same style, they don't ressemble one another. Most of them are catchy right from the first listening and are easily recognisable.

An album that is never boring and that I'd highly recommend. If you like Selfies, you'll love the entire opus.
on 16 August 2015
Wow! This takes hold and doesn't let go. The first time I put it on I was impressed. Had been getting into a lot of female singers of a certain sound - Birdy, Gabrielle Aplin, Lucy Rose - and while the samplers of the songs sounded good I had no idea just how good. Stunning variety in song structure. Sung just brilliantly.

There are 20 songs on this thing - and if you get 3 good songs on an album you have to say that is good going. SO basically for the small sum you pay you get 6 albums worth of good songs. I put it ion repeat for the whole weekend. Even my wife was singing along (I didn't knock a star of the rating for that though).

My daughter had started buying Nina Nesbitt a few years ago and even then I didn't pay much attention. The songs go round your head and you cannot escape them. Stunningly beautiful 'slow' tracks and amazing pop that will have you tapping your feet, the arm of the chair, the table, unable to stop the infectious nature. There is no straining to wring every last ounce of emotion out of every song - the songs that need it have it and everything is sung with just what it needs and no more or less.

Great production too - not over processed in any way. I still have the "late night listening with the headphones on" treat to have. Apparently two people gave it 2 stars - you thought you were buying Death Metal and were thus disappointed? Their loss!!!

Enjoy. Like there is any danger you won't.
on 30 March 2014
First heard about Nina in 2011 and then got to see her live in 2012.
2011-present it has been enjoyable listening and seeing her music develop and here we are- debut album- Peroxide!
The deluxe version offers us nothing less than 20 fun,catchy songs with a lot of meaning behind each song. Based mostly on acoustic guitar in a pop-rock style.
The album has a mixture of catchy tunes (Selfies being very catchy!) My favorite songs on the album are Two worlds away, The Outcome,18 Candles,Peroxide and He's the one I'm bringing back. On the deluxe I really love Nina's cover of 'Dont stop' and The People. Her lyrics have meaning and that is also what I also love about this album.
All the songs are very different from each other, I highly recommend this album and I hope to hear more of Nina's music.
Also recommend her EP's which you can get on Amazon or on iTunes :)

Thankyou Nina for making such a brilliant album to listen to, I love listening to your various EPs and love this album- keep doing what you do! :)
on 13 September 2014
Before I start this review I'd like to say that I am 52 years old and usually buy any sort of guitar based music, indie, heavy, grunge, punk, alternative etc. However having read a review of this album I listened to some tracks online and being a fan of a few singer-songwriters such as K T Tunstall and the brilliant Amy McDonald, I purchased it. This is an excellent debut album. Although the lyrics are often teenage-orientated, which is understandable given her age, the music and catchy hooks belong to someone older. There are twenty tracks on the deluxe edition which is great value as the only weak track is Bright Blue Eyes. My personal favourites are Stay Out, 18 Candles, Tough Luck, The Apple Tree and the brilliant slower track Align. Anyone who enjoys good pop rock, singer-songwriters or just good quality, catchy songs will enjoy this album. Recommended and highly promising.
on 25 October 2014
Nina nesbitt is perfect in every way, the music is very catchy and upbeat. Ballads of selfies and Mr c are amazing. If you love a pop/ folk sound to your music, then nina is perfect for you. Nina nesbitt is the one to watch in 2014 from my point of view, without the amazing voice of nina nesbitt, how would we live on. I would definitely recommend this album to anybody, as I think it appeals to a variety of people who like a variation of genres in their music collection. I give this album a 10/10, I absolutely adore it. If you think it couldn't get any better this album comes with twenty different and unique perfect songs.
on 13 July 2015
I bought this album because it was cheap and I recognized a few of the songs such as "Stay Out", "Selfies","The Apple Tree" and her rendition of "Don't Stop". I am so glad I purchased this! It's been a while since I've found an album in which I can say I like EVERY song! Brilliant voice and fantastic songs. My personal favorites would have to be "Tough Luck", "The Hardest Part", "Not What Your Dad Wants To Know" and most definitely "Some You Win". Can happily say this album will be replayed many times!
on 21 March 2014
Really enjoyed this fresh sound. A good mix of cheery pop and ballads to showcase a great voice and personality that shines through. Look forward to hearing more.
on 21 April 2014
I think this girl is great! Purchased the cd after only hearing selfie and whereas there are some weak tracks most are fab! A worthwhile buy.
on 8 April 2014
Bought for myself don't buy CDs often but thought this might be worth a listen and I was quite chuffed
on 24 March 2014
I have had an eye on Nina for a while and it's safe to say she is a brilliant singer

Not brought the album - but i have downloaded most of the songs and they are very good

Nina's version of Don't stop - brilliant and the title track Peroxide - beautiful voice

I love most of the tracks and i call this relaxation music