5.0 out of 5 stars A truly enjoyable series to while away the hours.
What can I say, this is a series and small Novelette based on the poem of Beowulf, Mr May makes the whole story believable and completely enjoyable. It carries you back to the dark ages with the blood and guts savagery and yet (in some places) compassionate Saxon Peoples. a truly enjoyable series to while away the hours.
Published 16 days ago by Mr. Ray. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Ok but dragged out a bit
Published 20 days ago by Mr D Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly enjoyable series to while away the hours., 7 July 2014
Mr. Ray. Brown (Arbroath Scotland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 July 2014
Ok but dragged out a bit

5.0 out of 5 stars Sword of woden series., 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent riviting could not put down need more like this .are you considering more beowulf adventures ? I would definitely consider doing more please

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd and final triumph, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
This series has been marvelous. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about this period in our history, whilst being thoroughly entertained along the way

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read., 25 April 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished this the third book in the series and what a shame the story has come to an end. Really like the authors style of writing, we have our hero fighting in battles very well described and certainly holds your attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monsters (Beowulf Sword of Woden 3, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I am quite fussy about style content and story line. My 50 page rule certainly didn't' come into play. The detail and description of battle is just how I like it. C May has a confident style and is able to move the story along with ease. I shall definitely look for any other books by this author

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, last book of the trilogy., 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
This book continues the previous story while broadening the plot and story line well. I think anyone who likes Viking style fiction will enjoy these set of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series of books, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this final book of what has been an excellent trip through Beowulf's early life. Well written and totally enthralling, one of those books you can't put down yet don't want to end. Well done CR May.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy end to a great trilogy, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished this, the third in the Beowulf trilogy, and have to say that it was a fitting end to what was a great trilogy of books. Now I have never been one to go looking for historical/fantasy dramas and in all honesty I am not sure why I decided to give this a try but I am SO pleased that I did. The characterisations began strongly and continued that way with layer after layer of detail being added chapter after chapter, book after book, so in the end I felt like I had known most of them throughout their entire odyssey - which I suppose I had!
Mr. Mays style of writing is precise but he manages to balance his writing of historical detail with a well paced storyline so that I never got bogged down.
True, the names can take a bit of mental somersaulting but you find yourself extremely well rewarded for the effort!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beowulf, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Monsters (Beowulf ~ Sword of Woden 3) (Kindle Edition)
I've just read all three books in three days, the only bad point is that I've now finished them, great books