on 1 October 2013
I would definitely recommend this book to any parent wanting a bit more variety to their current meal repertoire. It comes with a range of meal types, estimated cost, shopping list, ideas of variations for the recipe, and most importantly (for me!) a photo of each meal so you know what you're aiming for! I like this book so much I've bought several as presents for friends.
on 27 January 2013
Another fantastic Nosh book, Filled with delicious simple recipes, i like the no fuss approach you don't need a million ingrediants most of which you use once and forget about, it's just good simple food, I also have the student version which is great and no i'm not a student but it has some great easy to follow recipes.
A must for anyone
on 26 April 2016
I'm a fan of the Nosh series. I started with Nosh for Students when I went to university, and now that I am expecting, I picked up Nosh for Busy Mums and Dads. Like the Student book, this book requires minimum ingredients and kitchen essentials. It includes whether recipes are suitable for freezing, and estimated cost per portion. It is excellent for cheap and concise recipes that do not require you to own half of Sainsbury to whip up a meal and they're really tasty.

My one qualm is that if you have fussy kids (or a fussy fiance) some of the recipes will need tweaking. Lots include pine nuts or apples or other slightly "out there" ingredients which I am having to exclude.

Otherwise I would recommend this book to anyone with hungry mouths to feed on a budget and a time scale!
on 29 September 2014
This book is so good it has changed my life! I spend less on shopping, have lost weight and my children help me cook so I spend more time with them. My four year old is a fussy eater but she will always try whatever we make and has tried so many new things because she has seen them go in to the cooking. If you have a busy life and have lost your way a bit with all the kids and the stress this will get you back on track and get you all eating proper healthy home cooked meals again and give you new ideas. Also love the treats section of sweet things to make with the kids for a treat. If you want a book with PROPER meals that all the family can eat no matter what their age( my one year old happily eats all these things to.) then you have to buy this book.
on 28 March 2014
I have dozens of cook books & I'm a qualified chef but cooking on a daily basis for 2 young children & my partner was getting a bit boring & I was running out of ideas! This book is by far the best book I've got in my collection. It is used so often I don't think it's ever been on my bookcase since I bought it. It just stays in the kitchen. I have cooked most of the meals now and can say that I haven't been disappointed by any of them. They are all very easy to follow & the ingredients are very easy to find when doing the usual grocery shopping - no need to go to specialist shops when you are dragging 2 kids along. Our favourite has to be Desperate Dan's Cow Pie - easy to make, tastes great & the kids love it. Cannot recommend this book enough.
This New cookbook from Joy May and the NOSH BOOKS team is truly Fantastic.
We really enjoy the practical info and scrummy recipes in this beautifully crafted book.
Not every cook book is so down to earth or has such details eg how to get kids to eat, shopping lists and approx costs of meals
All add up to make this an excellent resource for real families.
It shows enough detail for each recipe and is illustrated very well.
The book design is stunning and the value for money is good.
We have no hesitation in recommending this book for any family, we have four kids, who love it
Our boys really like Desperate Dan's Cow Pie :-)
Also this is a great Christmas Gift idea for anyone.
on 10 December 2012
I bought this book because it was recommended to me by some of the families who tested the recipes before it went to print! The book is really easy to use, simple and clear. Very helpful showing the costing per portion. We are gradually working our way through each recipe and haven't found one that we don't like!!!!!
on 28 March 2013
WOW! This was my first reaction to this book.
First.....this book is bigger than I thought and hardback which I didn't expect.
The Book.....layout is fantastic, colour pictures on just about every page.
Recipes.....the first book I have bought which I can honestly say with ALL recipes using basic ingredients, practical for families. AND..... not one that I would not use.
Four weeks of menu planning.....including shopping lists!
What more would a busy mum want?

Thanks for a wonderfully set out, colourful and interesting book.
Highly, highly recommend.
on 29 December 2012
Fantastic all round cook book and Kitchen aid. Not only are the recipes great and easy to follow, but the shopping lists and Menus are brilliant for me, saving time when I don't have the energy (or inclination)to plan the week's meals. I have found that using it for a few weeks has povided me with inspiration and to use variations on things that the children love, but are a bit tired - like the beef ragu in place of spag bol. the Banana nut muffins are also a hit with the childen and me - I couldn't recommend this book more!
on 28 February 2014
I have so many recipe books on my shelf that I cook 1 or 2 dishes from. This book certainly does not fall into that category. Going back to work full time after my first baby made me panic about how I was going to get food on the table on time that we would all eat. Recipes from this book feature each and every week - and this week's meals are planned entirelly from the book. With a little preparation the night before I can have dinner on the table within 30-40 minutes of walking through the door. What a brilliant book!