4.0 out of 5 stars works well-ish
First set didn't work but Neet very quickly sent me a replacement. Excellent customer service, emails answered swiftly, no messing around.
These work okay I suppose however the receiver requires some fiddly positioning in order to pick up the sky's remote signal. The receiver/transmitter heads are quite bulky when compared to other makers' ones.
Published 3 months ago by Harryboselector

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a brilliant field of range
I have these paired with the cat5/6 extenders with ir

Published 2 months ago by Igadge

4.0 out of 5 stars works well-ish, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Neet® IR TX + RX Probes (For use with HDMI over Cat5e/6 Extenders *** with IR control function ***) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and accurate!, 19 Jan 2014
I have been using this item with neet's hdmi extender, and i couldn't have been more happier.
I was about to purchase some wireless IR controllers, thank god neet released this item just around the date I made the order.
Even running over 2 x 25m cat6 cables, when I use the controller on my bedroom, my actions are ALL 100% accurately executed and with no delay whatsoever. I really feel like i was just in front of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch Sky from a distance, 4 July 2014
Bought with Neet HDMI extenders so I can watch Sky in more than one room using my Cat 6 network to carry the signal. These 'magic eyes' mean I still use the remote, very remotely. You have to make sure the eyes near the sky box are pointing in the right direction, but it didn;t take much setting up

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a brilliant field of range, 26 May 2014
I have these paired with the cat5/6 extenders with ir

They just don't have a wide field of range for IR emitting firstly. I'm constantly having to press multiple times at different angles just to switch channel. I have tried placement of the receiver in a different place on the tivo box with mixed results. Also changed batteries in remotes which didn't make a difference.

Could also do with inc a set of sticky pads as the ones on these just don't stick very well. Yes there are multiple arguments to why things wont work and neet customer service is second to none. But for me this product just didn't work. I'm now looking at upgrading them to a better set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work very well, 13 May 2014
These are simple receiver/transmitter units that work with the Neet HDMI extender products. They work very well too. Recommended product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compliment to Neet HDMI Extender, 11 May 2014
Excellent compliment to the Neet HDMI Extender, easy to connect and place sender and receiver in right locations to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Crusty about these, 25 April 2014
These are an option and work with the Neet HDMI Extender (with remote). They DO work very well, if I had a recommendation I'd tell Neet to include these in the HDMI Extender with remote package. I mean, why else would you buy the (with Remote) version without these?

Bill hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Works effortlessly, 18 April 2014
Works well with the hdmi over cat5e/6 extenders I bought and saves me having to go downstairs to change the channel over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Perfectly, 5 Feb 2014
Having purchased some Neet HDMI over Cat 5 extenders I needed a solution to be able to control my skybox (downstairs) in the upstairs bedroom.

These work a treat.

I had used IR over HDMI Solution in a different installation and although these worked short term, they then decided to stop, and a replacement set didn't work at all.

These Neet Probes don't seem to need to be so precise in their positioning either.

Would recommend if you are buying with the Neet Extenders.

1.0 out of 5 stars No use since it was meant to work with HDMI Extender over Cat6 / Cat5e / 30m, 3 April 2014
This is designed to work with HDMI Extender over Cat6 / Cat5e / 30m which did not work for me in the first place (poor video quality) which rendered this item unusable....