on 17 October 2013
Purchased this to send the sky HD picture to a tv upstairs.

THe hdmi went from the sky box into the Neet hdmi splitter. The first output went into the downstairs tv. The second output then went into the Neet HDMI extender. 2x20m Cat6 cables then went upstairs to the receiver which converted it back into HDMI that then went into the bedroom tv. The receiver comes with a power adapter but in my set up i did not need to use this. Freeing up a socket. Which was nice. Over longer runs you may find you have to use the power adapter.

Initially i purchased 2 cheap cat5e cables thinking they would be fine. This was a mistake as they did not work. I contacted Neet and they were very helpful and quick to respond. They advised that i would have to buy a better quality cat6 cable for it to work. I payed £20 for 2x20m lengths of Cat6 cable and it worked perfectly.

Do yourself a favour and dont waste time and money on cheap network cables.

I noticed a quirk when changing the input on the downstairs LG tv, it was switching on the LG tv upstairs. It only happened when changing the input on the downstair tv. I contacted Neet again who were very quick to respond with the answer. The LG tvs have a feature called EZ-Sync, once this was disabled on both set the problem was fixed.

Great product and great customer service from Neet. You will not be disapointed.

Links to the products in my set up.

Duronic 20m Professional Gold Headed Network Cable - Black - High Speed Premium Quality Cat6 / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN

Neet® - 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX 1x2 Port (1 input 2 output) - Active Amplifier -1080p Full HD - Display HD on 2 TVs - ** 3D ENABLED ** - Free Shipping
on 20 October 2011
Great product that does what it should - two Cat5/6 cables over a long distance, HDMI input at one end and the same output at the other.

I ran two CAT-6 cables (Gigatrue from Blackbox) to make sure, to a distance of 22 metres (44 metres of cable). I haven't needed the power supply at the receiver, possibly because of the quality of my Cat-6 cable or because 22 metres is just under the distance where you might.

The quality of the picture at the far end is the same as a 1m HDMI cable would be. These units are similar in appearance to other products on the market but for the price charged, they do the job with no power needed (in my install) and the picture is perfect. I will certainly be buying more for other rooms.

Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere here, but the instructions don't appear to - the CAT5/6 cables should be wired as 568B terminations at each end, so standard 'patch' network cable terminations.
on 6 August 2015
Not sure if it is just me, but I haven't found it particularly transparent in terms of knowing exactly what i need to buy to make this work - even when asking Neet support who do answer your questions, maybe my questions where too specific...
I hope this helps you...
To connect two TV's, so that you can watch the same thing on both and control the TV from either location, I needed.
2 Neet Cat 5 /6 cables (mine were 30m) (to run between the two extenders from the first TV to the second)
Neet HDMI Extender (receiver and transmitter, does include a power supply which may or may not be required)
Neet HDMI splitter (one HDMI output port on my sky box, you won't need this if running from a computer with multiple ports)
3 Hdmi short cables (one to connect the sky box to the splitter, one for the receiving TV to the HDMI extender and one for the splitter to the TV)
Master blaster IR probes - so you can use the remote to change the channel in either location
Cost just under £150.
It does the job, it will save money in the long term, is hopefully more reliable than a magic eye setup running via a coaxial cable, it is plug and play and works once you have all the bits you need...
on 9 February 2012
I'm using this to route the HDMI signal from my downstairs Sky+ box to an upstairs TV - I could not justify paying for multiroom. Once I had routed two previously purchased cat5e network cables upstairs and plugged everything in, it simply worked. Perfect HD picture upstairs, no lip-sync issues. I am using it in conjunction with a Neet HDMI splitter and I'm using a Powermid IR wireless transmitter/receiver pair to control the Sky+ box with an additional Sky remote from upstairs.
on 5 February 2015
Bought this to connect SkyHD to a garden room using 2x40m lengths of buried outdoor cat6 (unshielded).
I had terminated the cables myself and checked them with a line tester and laptop/router which indicated they were fine. Unfortunately the extenders did not agree and refused to provide anything other than a flashing picture from a DVD player and nothing from Sky.
I had resigned myself to digging another trench but decided to reterminate the cables (for the umpteenth time) but this time using different 3 part rj45 plugs from Maplin. I found these much easier to use than the normal push and crimp plugs, their design ensures you can be certain that all wires are in the correct order, length and properly crimped and now everything works as it should - sorry starting to sound like a review of Maplin.
Danny at Neet replied very promptly to my initial despairing email and offered to send replacement baluns which hopefully I will not need.
I am now happy with the results but if I was doing it again I'd buy premade shielded cables and run them through ducting.

Update- I initially needed the power supply for the Sky to work however after fitting the Neet 4k hdmi splitter the power supply for the cat6 balun is no longer required, quite impressive over such a long run using unshielded cable - IMO.
on 19 June 2015
Great product, does what it says. Also as a side note, the Neet guys really value your custom and go out of their way to give you faultless customer support. Buy with confidence.
on 18 December 2014
Fantastic service, very quick delivery but most of all, well made and does exactly what they said it would. I now have my Sky TV in the bedroom, fully remote control with the aide of the Neet IR TX +RX Probes. The hardest bit was getting the TX Probe next to the Sky HD box in the correct position, took 5 mins of small adjustments to have it fully working!

Cheaper than buying sky multi room, I'd recommend this to everybody, far exceeded my expectations!
on 24 January 2015
I used this in conjunction with an HDMI splitter, with one signal going to the TV and the other going to this extender (to feed an overhead projector). The unit feels well built and is reasonably discreet. Occasionally I lose signal for no apparent reason but in fairness it could be something to do with the Cat5e cabling which I installed myself. As soon as I switch sources on the AV amp though, the picture comes back and it is not really a problem.
on 3 February 2015
This is a quality product. I had an older version which is still working fine. The new version gives option of plugging power supply in at either the transmit or receive end. This is useful if the TV is mounted on a wall with limited space for a power supply. It just works! The only thing that they need to do is offer this as a kit with the IR control probes and a set of HDMI leads.Otherwise perfect.
on 22 January 2015
This is an awesome product, Had no problems setting it up I am running 2 x Cat6 UTP cable which are not shielded. The product seems to work without the need of the power supply so this was a bonus. I was surprised how small the units really are. Its only day 2 so cannot comment on reliability. Definitely recommended. I had previous bought a single Cat 6 extender from Duronics which did not work.