5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is a great delivery service.
I ordered this bag on the Tuesday morning and it was delivered the next morning!!! I love this bag. It is lightweight so doesn't hurt your back before you put anything in it. It's nice and roomy so can get all that I need in it. The zips are really sturdy and can be opened and closed with one hand, great especially if you have a heavy shopping bag in the other hand...
Published on 16 Mar 2011 by Susan

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was fake....
Published 15 months ago by chocolate rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is a great delivery service., 16 Mar 2011
I ordered this bag on the Tuesday morning and it was delivered the next morning!!! I love this bag. It is lightweight so doesn't hurt your back before you put anything in it. It's nice and roomy so can get all that I need in it. The zips are really sturdy and can be opened and closed with one hand, great especially if you have a heavy shopping bag in the other hand!
Will be ordering more things on Amazon as they are also cheaper than the shops which is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars My forever handbag, 22 Jun 2013
I was a little dubious about this bag. I usually carry what is effectively the handbag version of a steamer trunk, so this looked more like something that should go inside my regular bag. I am sorry, but if there comes a day that I need that coral lipstick I bought on a whim in Switzerland 6 years ago and only ever wore as a swatch on my hand in the store, and I don't have it, I simply wouldn't ever forgive myself. Just like I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I ever need a sewing kit / plaster / blister plaster / headache tablet / face wipe / toothpick / spare pay as you go mobile from a different provider / extra stockings / teasing brush / hairspray / green concealer ... And who on earth ever leaves the house in England without a spare umbrella? A crazy person, that's who! So, the point being that this bag looked, from the photos, miniscule. But I figured an extra Kipling bag would justify the insane next day delivery costs, so I ordered this with the Defea.

Well, used it for the first time today, and it is like a bag made of fairy wings and angel hair - in other words, it's a magic bag! Everything is in there, and yet it's not mutated into a mishappen ball shape, it's still flat, sitting snugly on my hip. It apparently transforms into flubber on the inside - everything slots into place perfectly. It's the ultimate one hand bag. Reach in, find phone / ipod/change purse/bus ticket ...Whatever dark arts Kipling employed to make this wondrous thing, I'm going to have to say I am willing to take my chances that an evil sea witch might demand my voice in return for it's magic. I sound like Fran Drescher and Janice off' Friends' illegitimate child anyway, so I think it's Ursula 0 and me FTW.

This bag is amazing. It's wonderful. It's the thing that was missing from your life that you never knew was missing.It's the thing that makes up for all those empty promises of slimmer thighs / bigger softer hair / unnaturally long eyelashes or a thing that removes hair as small as a grain of sand (pah - do NOT get me started on that nonsense!) It just works, it fits, it's a bloody marvel. I even ran home this evening with it and it didn't bounce around like a possessed possum.

My one and only criticism is that the zips are the wrong way around ...? I wear my bag on the left, and that means the zips open back to front. I am sure I can unlearn 20+ years of behaviour in zips given how amazing the bag, but it is a very curious thing. I plan to buy this exact bag in every single colour. Gonna take me 20 years at my salary, but it's a labour of love.Given that the wind and rain has returned to the North West, I am sure I shall have ample opportunity to test once and for all if Kipling bags are water resistant. I sure hope so - otherwise I will have 28 Kipling bags that I can only use for 4, maybe 4.5 days a year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kilping Bag, 2 Sep 2011
Kipling Women's Alvar ShoulderbagsThis item arrived really quickly and was it perfect condition, It a little larger than I thought, but will be great for me to get all my stuff in for a day out shopping with girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling womans shoulder bag, 23 July 2012
stylish, roomy, comfortable to wear either on your shoulder or across the body with pockets for mobile phone,slots for pens and a fob for your keys.

5.0 out of 5 stars best bag i have ever bought!, 28 Jan 2011
This bag is the best ,i love across the body bags and this is perfect,holds lots of junk and more !

5.0 out of 5 stars kiplng magic, 31 July 2011
Love this bag, my favourite. Roomy, compact, roomy and a gorgeous gloss black. Atleast £20 cheaper than in the shops. Delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag ever, 18 Nov 2011
This is my second Kipling Alvar shoulder bag and as far as I am concerned is the ultimate bag. I have tried for years to find a bag that did everything and this is it. It is 'smart casual', it has loads of pockets that are easibly accessible and a sensible size - it is roomy with nice wide strap which goes across the body comfortably - it is waterproof - it also has a long tag to clip keys to, which saves fishing around in the bottom. This is an expensive purchase but I think it is worth every penny. My other bag, which is light coloured was perfect in the summer and didn't mind being sponged clean either (other owners say they have washed theirs)! I don't like really the monkey keyring (my granddaughter does though) so removed it as I think it draws attention to the fact it is a 'designer' bag. All in all, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than it looks!, 12 Nov 2011
I received this bag quickly but was a little disappointed when I opened it as it seemed quite small but boy does it hold a lot! Plenty of pockets for everyday things like my purse, phone, keys, books, pens etc. This bag has definitely grown on me and I wouldn't be without it now.
The only bad thing I can find to say is the positioning of the zips. When I wear it on my left shoulder it opens from back to front which I find inconvenient and a little worrying from a security point of view but it's not such a problem if worn across the body.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was fake...., 9 Sep 2013
I still have my suspicions.... So I'd double check your purchase with Kipling records, I did and apparently mine is real, but if it's real then the stitching is a bit naff, and the monkey is a bit awful, the eyes are horribly wonky and theres glue on the monkey's fur and feet and ears. It's kinda disappointing since this bag cost so much.... I recommend buying a cheaper bag, it'll be of the same sort of quality you'll just be sacrificing the kipling label, worth the sacrifice to go cheaper imo. But if you choose this; CALL KIPLING OR EMAIL THEM TO DOUBLE CHECK THE REFERENCE NUMBERS ON THE WHITE LABEL INSIDE THE BAG!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and holds lots of clutter, 31 Mar 2011
Discerning - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I use this bag as my everyday handbag. It is well-made with strong zips and an adjustable canvas shoulder strap. It has two zipped main compartments, one with a small inside zipped pocket and the other with some open pockets inside and a pull-out cord with a key clip. There are two further zipped compartments on the side of the bag. Took the monkey off as its legs looked disturbingly short but I have re-homed him. A utility handbag that looks modern.