Style Name: Windowed|Size: 250D|Change

on 17 May 2014
This case is great! it provides everything, many fans and radiator positions. The case has a nice clean look, the fans that come with the case are brilliant and do the job. The side window is excellent

Pros:
Roomy interior
Great cooling
Side Window
USB 3.0 header
Great for exspansion

Cons:
Case cables such as HDD LED are way too short and I did have to pull and tugg to put those cables in
Power button is a bit tough to press
on 31 December 2013
I went for this case because my previous case was a little bit too crowded and had very limited cable management options which pushed temperatures up higher than they should have been. I like Corsair products and I am not disappointed. The case is very roomy inside, allowing for unrestricted airflow and overall it looks very sleek with premium finishing.

I did not give it five stars for two reasons.

1. The frontal USB ports are too close together which is restrictive when you want to place different sized/large or large male USB plugs in. The work around would be to get a short USB extension cable, but that's quite messy.
2. Although all of the right ingredients are there for fantastic cable management, I feel that an extra 5mm depth on the reverse side of the main compartment would have made this the complete case for me.

It took me hours of wrestling with wires/cables to get them in the right configuration to get it closed without a bulge. I have 4 storage drives (3 x SSD; 1 x HDD) and getting the SATA power cables to flatten out was a nightmare and all the time the risk of damaging either the drive power ports or the cables weighed on my mind but I finally managed it.

I've posted pictures of my solution using this case under customer pictures.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2014
Every reviewer out there praising this case is absolutely right. It's a huge, amazing, well-built case.

A full ATX motherboard looks like an add-on board in it. The smoked window on the side panel is screaming for some LED strips / LED fans. Ample space for water cooling loops, decent sound proofing (nothing's rattling inside), excellent materials, decent cable management space at the back.

The only downside I can think of is the thickness of the side-panels (would've loved them to be a bit more sturdy and possibly have a latch instead of the thumbscrews). It's a bit expensive but you do get what you pay for. Can't imagine changing this case in the near future for anything else.

Would recommend: 4.8/5
review image
on 11 October 2013
Case is perfect and spacious gives me the ability to expand my build if i need to :) was definitely what i wanted and cannot fault.

would advice to keep the box hand to keep the side panels in so they dont get damaged ..... scratches show up pretty easy.

this thing is a visual dust magnet.
on 16 August 2013
This case is amazing, sleek, stylish, has 3 fans, USB 3 & USB 2 connectors on the front and what I was most impressed with is the SATA drive slot on the top of the case. Along with this I purchased an ASUS motherboard (SATA 6) and transferring data from my old HDD's to this machine was very quick. The fact that I just had to slide the old HDD into the top meant that I did not have to open up the case and connect to the motherboard.

- Case is screwless, so very quick to take the sides off to get inside the case.
- Plenty of slots to hold additional HDD's. As a result, some of the older external HDD's I had lying around that I wasn't using, I put in this build.
on 5 June 2014
The case is much better that the corsair 300r. It is much quieter with the front cover over the front 140mm fans slots. The window is scratched easily. Excellent for a watercooling setup except don't expect to install a radiator with push and pull without thinking about purchasing extra long screws. I couldn't install radiator through the rubber grommets in the top of the roof. I had to take them out which doesn't seem to matter much as the case allows plenty air flow that the sound is reduced. Don't get a fan controller! I had one but it is much better to connect the 4pwn fan headers into the motherboard. Remember pump goes into a 3pin to ensure max efficiency.
on 7 March 2013
A very solid and sturdy case that offers space for every component you could wish. It helps keep the noise down with its large fans and it has superb easy access to help make fitting a breeze. The only thing I found odd was that there is a front panel which you need to remove if you want access to any cd/dvd/blurry drive. It would have made more sense to me to have that hinged but its a small point and I just store the panel by the side of the case. Not the cheapest mid tower but certainly one of the best

updated

have now managed to get the front panel on better and it does hinge ok so now absolutely no issues
on 26 March 2012
Great case. Loads of space inside the case, more than I saw on the internet. Reality is better.
Love almost everything about it. The only thing I would say it is missing would be more space behind the motherboard/ inside the back panel for stacking the cables. Do not get me wrong, has enough of space for cables, but I would of enjoyed a bit more, 2 more cm would of been great. Else, definitely a great buy.

Would buy again if having to choose.
Good shipping, though a rip in the packaging right in front of the acrylic scared me. But everything was whole in the end.
on 12 May 2014
Excellent case, putting together a PC in this case is a breeze due to the amount of space you have to work with. In my opinion its a very good compromise between space for components whilst maintaining a relatively small footprint

+ fits H100i
+ fits large ATX PSUs, I have a 1200w fully modular installed(reused before someone shouts 'overkill')
+ Graphics card length clearance
+ Loads of room for cable management

- Large amount of flex to chassis once optical support bracket removed
- Graphics cards which are 'wide' may not fit, I have an MSI 270x which only just fits with the twin frozr cooler although it was tight.
- Connecting up the hard drives is a serious pain when you want to change them, really would have liked to see a hot swappable feature here
- Apparently a 200mm fan can be installed in the front, you will need to 'bend'!? some metal supports for the optical drive for it to fit. Also theres no way you will fit it with a H100 or other radiator installed.

I did alot of research before purchasing as I wanted a small case and I settled on the 250d due to the balance of size and space.
I initially purchased the EVGA hadron but was disappointed with the amount of noise its PSU makes and sold it on
During my research for both cases I wanted to compare the sizes with other cases and ended up building a bit of a list of cases and their respective sizes which i have included below if its useful to you(Disclaimer: May not be 100% accurate)

Total Size(Cubic litres)
Arc Mini R2 41,164,200
corsair 350D 41,580,000
Fractal R4 56,299,904
on 15 February 2014
First up, this case is massive and I mean, beastly massive. With the mobo in there and a couple of 780s, the amount of space left with which to work is fantastic and makes building a new rig a much more pleasurable experience.

Lots of room for drives (space for 6 standard and 3 more hot-swap) and space to install another 3 slot cage if required.

There are a few negatives, however, which you ought to be aware of...

1) Screwing gear into the slots isn't all that easy, because the back plates that are removed to allow access for soundcards, GPUs. etc are behind a big lip of metal. Curved screwdriver with magnet is essential here, or you risk some frustration.

2) The HD cages are quite flimsy compared to the competition (in my case, a HAF-X was my prior build case). As such, even when clipped into the cages the drives easily come loose if you're moving things around or tipping the case. I even had a couple of broken latches on the front that I had to fix manually.

3) The bottom of the case, both sides are flaps that drop down to allow access to HD cages and such without having to open the main side panels. However, these only close via two small magnets and when your cabling is all setup and you put the side window panel back on, sometimes the flaps just don't stay shut. I wish Corsair had supplied an alternative latch to the magnets, so for now I have an open ticket with Corsair on what I can do to make sure they stay closed.

So yeah, the best case I've ever owned without a doubt and something I can't see being upgraded anywhere in the future. However, just a few niggles keep it from greatness and you can't help feel they've taken a plastic/cheap route in some areas where, for the price, they really shouldn't have.