Published 20 months ago by kelly b

3.0 out of 5 stars For the cost would expect it to have an alarm or tilt
Looks great and feels comfortable for the child to sit on. I would say ok for short journeys.

Published 8 months ago by Eleanor

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother of 4, had lots of car seats, this one is fantastic also!, 22 April 2013
Firstly obviously the pattern and colours drew me to this car seat, and when i took it out of the box i was even more impressed! The colours are rich and the fabric is excellent quality and really thick and padded. The size amazed me a little as i wasnt expecting it to be as big. It is around 68cm high BEFORE raising the headrest, and the seat is around 46cm at the widest point. It is on the heavy side and prob one of the heaviest car seats we have had. I picked it up from the back and had no problems with the booster seat falling, like some other reviews mentioned, maybe they have changed the fit since then.

I had to adjust the straps to a higher position and this was super easy to do, i didnt even need the instructions - a lot easier than others on the market. The straps themselves adjust when my son is in completley fine, they could prob do with being a little longer but so far not posed any problem. The padded covers are reversable and as said above lovely thick fabric and nice and comfy.

FITTING: I have a 2003 Picasso and my seat belts are more than long enough. Fitting this was quite tricky and took me around 15 minutes to get it in and nice and tight so i was happy with it. Actually getting the seatblet through the correct areas isnt the problem however the belt has to go around the back which means turning the seat and then putting it back into position to pull tight. There are definatly easy car seats to fit, but also harder ones. Now the seat is in it is very sturdy and doesnt move which ultamatly is what you want. If you plan to take this seat out the car on a regular basis then i wouldn't reccomend it. I will only remove it a few times a year so not an issue. I would say that longer seatbelts are required to fit this properly and most bigger cars have them.

My son is 2 years old, and above average weight and height and he looked quite little in it, it will definatly last for a while. I can safely say my 4 year old would prob fit nicely in it too and he is also above average size. I dont think i would put a young child (9mths) in this as it is quite an upright chair.

Overall i am extremely happy with this chair, i spent a while looking at different ones and always came back to this one becasue it is so funky. I read the reviews and was put off by some of them but in the end we decided we would order it and if it didn't meet what we wanted then we could always return it having not lost anything. I can honestly say i am glad i bought this and my little man will be the envy of his friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars So good i bought 2, 8 Aug 2012
Parm (A bookshop near you) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I spent hours upon hours looking for the right seat for my granddaughter. Who woundn't? this is about safety, but for many its also about budget. I would and im sure most wouldn't skimp just for budget you want the best safety for the cheapest price.
Some manufacturers put amazingly high value on products and its not always a good product.
When i saw this one i was a skeptic on the price to quality but its amazon so i thought send it back if its rubbish.
The reviews were looking good as well...so i ordered.

The Seat is Good quality, great colours for a little girl, very versatile and i fitted it in minuets. I could find no flaw at all. I will say there is an ability to fit it wrongly but you have to try hard to do that. Also you MUST make sure the straps are the correct legth or the child can pull their arms out. But if set up right they are excellent , so much so i bought a second for the other car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant car seat!, 9 Oct 2013
We bought this for our 9 month old son as hes outgrown his first stage car seat, its great! the design is funky, the material is soft and spongy, he looks so comfortable in this. Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, comfortable and easy to install, 6 Nov 2013
The Zoomi is a group 123 car seat, suitable from 9 months to 11 years, meaning that for £100 you get a seat that can last your child for years. It is forward facing and is compatible with standard 3-point seat belts for installation. It uses a 5 point safety harness to hold your child in and once your child is old enough this can be removed to convert it into a booster seat.

The Zoomi comes in 4 designs and we went for the Little Monster pattern as, for starters, I loved it! I don't tend to go for blue or pink when it comes to larger purchases as they get swapped and changed so much it's better if they are neutral, so the green, black and white design of this one suited us well.

When it arrived I was keen to get it installed in the car and put to the test. My husband was set the challenge of putting it together and looking at the instructions it seemed pretty straight forward. For some reason, though, he couldn't quite figure out how the seat attached to the booster part. I managed to do it straight away though, so I think it just needed a women's perspective!

The seat looks lovely and conformable. It is well padded and has little arms, which I really like. The head rest fits around the head and is adjustable and it comes with a seat liner and tummy and chest pads to make sure nothing rubs.

There are few little parts for me that were on the negative side. The seat belts are the more flimsy side, and so get easily twisted in the buckle and under the protective pads. This can make it a bit of nuisance as sometimes they need untwisting before you can fasten it, so if you are in a rush it's a pain. Also for some reason in this seat more than others, my daughter's head flops forward at an uncomfortable angle when she falls asleep. Her head doesn't seem to lean against the headrest as you would expect, so I don't know if these need to be slightly larger or maybe closer to the head. I know fellow another reviewer purchased a neck pillow for their little one, which resoled this problem.

Those are my only bug bears though. Other than that my daughter seems very happy in the seat, she loves the design and now her brother is not allowed to sit in it, as it is firmly hers. It is lightweight so easy to transfer to my husband's car when required, and it clips in and out of the seat belt with no fuss. One thing that we'd found in her previous seat was that it was very low down and she couldn't see out of the window. This has been rectified with the Zoomi and we can now play I-spy and include things outside the car!

For £100 you really can't go wrong with this car seat. Other comparable seats usually start at £150 so I think it's a fantastic buy, plus you get something that's well thought out, fun and bright that your children will want to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the cost would expect it to have an alarm or tilt, 28 Mar 2014

When strapped on a car back seat we are unable to tilt the seat back to make it more comfortable should he fall asleep. Little support if he does fall asleep in it head looks uncomfortable the way he shrugs forward. On our front car seat (no airbags in car) I can move the back of the car seat back a little this does make it more comfortable for him to sleep in.

I have noticed on Amazon cheaper seats similar in style, we have purchased one of these to - they have an alarm/ beeper on them as you unbuckle the straps. This is a useful feature so you know if there fiddling with it or if they unbuckle themselves. For the cost of this seat I would have expected this feature.

We have been using the seat for 6 months, we probably would now pick a different seat for the money if had the choice again.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill wee seat !!, 23 Jan 2014
i loved the theme very boyish only issue i have but isnt really the issue of the chair is for it to recline a bit my sons head keeps falling forward when he nods off in the seat , but i shoulda looked at this before buying but i didnt think tbh, also since purchased online it would be great idea if the sellers sparked a wee deal with say halfords to install the seat into your car if your clumbsy like me it takes an afternoon for a 2 minute job am such a worry mum !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent seat. My son loves The design of it, 5 July 2014
Excellent seat. My son loves The design of it. A bit complicated to fit in the car in the early stages due to how to seat belt has to slot through places, but it does make the seat extremely secure. Not he has move on to just using the back and no straps it fits using just a normal car seat belt across him like a grown up. It has a slot for keeping the shoulder strap at the correct level. Looking at picking up a second for my daughter when she is old enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun car seat and excellent quality, 4 Jun 2014
This car seat is so well made. I've had my eye on it for ages and I'm so glad I went for it in the end. It's sturdy and has such an eye catching design. The harness is easy to fasten and the seat is easy to install into the car. My only issue is that it's not great for sleeping in. My daughter's head tends to loll to the front when she's asleep in it, so the head support could be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant car seat, 24 Mar 2014
This is a fantastic car seat, super comfy. I already had one for my daughter and wanted to get the same for my son. Great value for money as this seat will now do until car seats are no longer required. Nice colourful fun designs too. I would definitely recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 18 Mar 2014
Moggy (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Very happy with all aspects of this seat. Well made, tough fabric and easy to fit. I am sure my daughter will get many years of comfortable travel in this seat. If you are considering purchasing one of these then I would say go right ahead 5/5