5.0 out of 5 stars Farewell Matt Smith UPDATED
First off this is a bit cheeky getting people to repurchase specials from previous sets. However I will bite because Matt Smiths final performance was truly amazing!

Published 6 months ago by Rimmer72

2.0 out of 5 stars I ALREADY HAVE THE OTHER ELEVENTH CHRISTMAS STORIES
why release this with all the other Christmas stories with the 11th doctor. most people properly already own them. just hope it's part of the series 8 boxset
Published 1 month ago by Craig T Stratton

5.0 out of 5 stars Farewell Matt Smith UPDATED, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Time of the Doctor & Other Eleventh Doctor Christmas Specials [DVD] (DVD)

As with many overly ambitious episodes of who, this promised more than it could deliver and although it was good they couldnt find the balance. Either make it longer and make use of the weeping angels and other protagonists more effectively or drop them from the story and then make it flow a bit better.

That gripe should make me drop this to three stars but Matt's final speech had me sitting with a lump in my throat as I remembered all the adventures he had taken us on! There was so much variety. Moffat seemed a bit unsure in places with what to do with the plot he had set up but Matt showed what a truly great actor he is at the end. There was no whining self referential farewell, kicking and screaming like the last doctor. Matt was dignified and his leaving really did feel like it was too soon. Though I thought David Tennant was superb, toward the end his doctor was becoming egotistical and self congratulating. More Russel T Davies fault than Davids but I had had enough. Matt brought an energy and innocence as though the Doctor was literally reborn. I know he has had a few poor episodes but for me he is the best Doctor of any series, classic or new. I wont spoil it if you have yet to view it but the final 10 mins are worth the price of the disc. A fitting end to a great 11th/12th timelord! Thank you Matt for giving me a great few years of adventures in time and space.

UPDATE: I missed a few things. Having gone back and rewatched it I have a greater appreciation of the episode. There are loads of subtle references to this doctors time in the tardis and also previous incarnations. The battle music played during the silence will fall speech is that of the tenth doctors as an example. This is a love letter to all the fans that bothered to follow the doctor through all the ups and downs. It reminds me of Babylon 5 in that you were rewarded for your investment. I'm sorry some don't get it but ultimately I feel appreciated for supporting the eleventh and Ifor the negs out there I can only ask you go back and watch series 5-7 again. If you don't want to do that I understand but base your reviews with that restriction in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Time of The Doctor, 31 May 2014
Absolutely loved this, and cried buckets but I am a complete Whovian. Even people who aren't Doctor Who fans would enjoy this, it's brilliant and I'd recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, 16 May 2014
Fast delivery, well packaged & great price!! Really happy with the purchase - I bought for my "dr who mad" boyfriend's birthday and he loved it!
Thanks again

5.0 out of 5 stars Regarding the other Christmas Specials., 14 Jan 2014
There's a lot of complaints here and elsewhere at the BBC's decision to include an extra disc featuring all the previous Christmas Specials for the Eleventh Doctor.

Please look at the price of this release.

That's the amount that it would have been priced at, even if the other specials weren't included.

The fact that they ARE included, and that the price hasn't altered at all, means that this release is actually great value for money. Plus it gives everyone who already has those episodes the choice to watch them on a different release.

I too have already got all of those other specials. I have them multiple times on multiple releases.
It won't stop me from buying this one though, like the completist that I am.

Relax, everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great end to the 11th Doctor, 31 Dec 2013
David J. Ponsford "DJP63" (Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The episode in question was a wonderful send off to Matt Smith, I was only disappointed that there was no new season review at the end, so when we will see doctor number 12 is anyone's guess. Having read some comments about this including the other specials, I agree that I already have them, but given the price of this Blu-ray compared to others you are hardly paying a fortune for privilege of having the extra's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here we go again!, 10 July 2014
always Sad to see the Doctor go! But as he him said all things most end so new things can be! Matt is a terrific Doctor, I can see he draws from Pat Troughton. There's always a little resentment towards the new* but also great sadness when he goes! Should perhaps be used to it by now! but not! Here we are weeks from welcoming a new Doctor. This was a good story even if it had an awful lot crammed into it, maybe next time it could be a two parter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great DVD loved by all the family

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
My husband loves this plus the bonus material

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
As described

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jun 2014
What can you say Dr Who is one of the if not best shows on the box and brilliantly portrayed by Matt Smith