5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners
I've been using my Vivofit and HR monitor over the last month since Christmas. Although Garmin's online syncing issues are a little sketchy I have had no problem with the band or HR monitor itself. First I will start off reviewing the heart rate monitor;
Published 2 months ago by Rebecca Greaves

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
Published 2 months ago by L. A. Mitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 25 Jan. 2015
The HR monitor is light and fits comfortably over your chest (just under the bra line) it does not itch or move throughout exercise, even high impact workouts. It's easy to wipe clean as it does cause sweating and does not hold odours. The band is fully adjustable and fits securely with a small plastic clasp. I find it to be very accurate and have not had any problems using it.
Now for the band. The band is waterproof and I have regularly worn it in the shower however it can cause some skin irritation if not allowed to air or dry properly afterwards. The screen is clear and all information is easy to read. It does not had a backlight however I knew this when purchased and have not found many situations where I can't find alternate light to check it. I find the steps very accurate and usually agree to a + or - 10 steps each day. The band comes with wrist straps, I find the small to be the best fitting. I've kept both as the larger band fits around my ankle when doing exercises that require static arms (e.g. cycling.)
I find I don't use the date or time function on the watch, and regularly stick to goals/steps. The Garmin app is very well designed although this is where I've experienced the most issues. On a number of occasions Garmin has been down and I've been unable to upload my steps, HOWEVER the band does track these for over a week so no information was lost.

I wouldn't recommend this is you're more interested in distances travelled or prefer swimming and cycling as this really is essentially a pedometer. However it has motivated me to move more and reach my 10000 steps a day. Would recommend to anyone wanting to fit a bit more exercise in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Love it!!!, 25 Feb. 2015
Having done lots of research prior to purchasing, I am more than happy with my decision to go for the vivofit and heart monitor. My partner bought it for me for Christmas. On boxing day, we went into town shopping. I wanted to beat the goal set for me and when my partner went up the escalator, I walked up the stairs. It definitely encourages more movement. Since Christmas I have bored everyone with statistics and numbers from my vivofit. I have used the heart monitor at the gym to ensure I stay within my optimum heart rate. The only two downfalls with this gadget are the initial set up,which for some reason took a couple of days. I think Garmin had an influx of people with vivofits/gadgets as Christmas pressies trying to register at the same time. The second problem I have found is that when I have been to the gym and come to sync, I can only input one activity despite my gym session covering recumbent cycling, cross trainer, rowing machine, and weights. If anyone knows how this can be separated in one session without starting and stopping the monitor between activities, please let me know. I have yet to go swimming with the vivofit and heart monitor but most certainly will.
I absolutely love my Garmin vivofit and it certainly encourages more movement throughout the day. It highlights how little I move during the week and how much more I move at weekends. I am now making a conscious effort to do more during my week days. The goals increase automatically and most days, with effort I achieve those goals, although I have been known to go for a late night walk in order to reach set goal!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars OK few niggles though, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor - Teal (Electronics)
i kind of like the fact that when you get up its good to see, how good or bad your sleep actually was and i like seeing how many steps i have done which seems more accurate than most pedometers BUT i hate the fact that it keeps falling off my wrist!! I also don't understand the whole calorie burning thing?? according to this i have burned more than 500 calories whilst just sleeping?? seems a little off to me, but i do like the way you can plot your progress on graphs etc and motivate yourself into more exercise, even just how far you would walk doing housework, the biggest bain is definitely the catch holding it on your wrist, you would think that with something so expensive they would have something a little better

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 31 Dec. 2014
I had a Jawbone before this but it didn't last very long and broke after a couple of months so I looked into buying another fitness band. I found band and was very pleased with what I found. Both my parents, my sister plus many of our friends bought it as well. After using it for a while I wasn't as pleased with it. It records information amazingly and you can change the colour but I found there to be many issues. Firstly the band is very bulky and uncomfortable on my wrist, I also found the app unattractive and difficult to use. Lastly I wasn't pleased with the way the sleep was recorded and displayed on the app. It records well for steps, heart rate and motivates well with its idle bar but it is equally disappointing. Not as good as it sounds in the descriptions.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the fact that it has a screen so I ..., 27 Sept. 2014
It's ok. It does the job, i guess.
I like the fact that it has a screen so I can see at any point how many steps I have done already. I usually set it on 'time' so it is useful as well. The long lasting battery is a big bonus.
The bracelet however is not super comfy and the actual device is rather big and heigh. The fact that you can see the steps as you go along is also the devices downfall: I know now that when brushing my teeth, I am doing 250 steps, washing my hands is 300 steps... ... ... ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Trouble setting it up!, 25 Jun. 2014
The seller, Amazon no problems, the product is a little tricky. I would caution anyone with Windows 8 getting this, as after 3 hours of trying, the ANT usb does not connect. At present, I have a £100 plastic wrist band and nothing further.

Try getting hold of Garmin support, almost impossible and put everything down too my system not being set up correct. As an IT manager, this is a ruse they say to hide the fact they failed to highlight Win 8 issues...

If you get one, good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Step in the right direction, 12 Jan. 2015
So I was primarily looking for a way to track my activity and particularly heart rate under exercise so the combined package met my needs (and also that I could use the heart rate monitor with my Garmin cycle computer). The vivofit was easy to setup and sync with my existing garmin connect account via the iPhone app. Initially I was surprised at how close to my daily steps goal I was achieving and suspected its accuracy, however I have tested the steps and attempted to fool the device by shaking etc and it has always reported accurately :-) I was also interested in the vivofits sleep tracking and again this works well by setting your typical sleep times or pressing the button to confirm your about to go to sleep or just woken up. Though the sleep data seems interesting the app makes little suggestion on what the graph means or how patterns could be improved. Heart rate levels is simple to use and good for live monitoring during exercise and tracking in garmin connect.

Overall I would recommend, the design is good. Battery life of a year so no need to regularly recharge like other similar devices. Garmin connect syncing works well. I have however had the device a month now and do wonder how long the novelty value will last for me, however if your looking to get more active and increase your daily step count its ideal

4.0 out of 5 stars Second time lucky............, 5 Sept. 2014
Did not begin well, as the first one that arrived didn't work - would not even switch on. It was immediately replaced by Amazon and the second one launched without problem. I find the bracelet a lot more substantial than the Fitbit Flex and also better sized for me anyway. The fact that it is waterproof is also a big bonus, as is not having to remember to charge it. As yet, I haven't experienced any of the problems that other reviewers have reported with the bracelet opening and falling off, but I do agree that the two pronged plastic clip fastening ( also beloved by Fitbit ) is not safe, and cannot understand why a straightforward watch type clasp hasn't been used.
I like the fact that I now have everything I need on one item. Watch, pedometer, calorie burn, heart rate and movement motivator. I also like the fact that the display is readable. I don't like the fact that I have to use two programmes on my pc to get the information, and as yet there is no android compatible app to upload information on the move.
I believe the pedometer to be pretty accurate - more so than the Flex which I always thought erred on the low side. The dashboard is easy to navigate although some aspects of it could be a bit more detailed.
All in all, I am happy with the Vivofit and long may it continue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 5 Jun. 2014
Wanted to be more active and healthy and this device focuses the mind.
Found it easy to set up with iPhone 4S. Just have to remember to be very close to my phone when synchronising.
I'm really happy with my Vivofit and it definitely helps me to get walking / running, otherwise I feel guilty about not reaching my daily target.
Love it and would recommend highly!

2.0 out of 5 stars OK tracker but much better out there, 25 Dec. 2014
bought this to replace my fitbit that i got wet. & it was a good deal with the HR monitor.

i don't think its as good as the fitbit. the step count varies wildly. its not that comfy to wear at night. sleep tracker is poor with very little info to help you. also you have to verify the sleep every time you sync to the app. talking of which that aint an easy task either by bluetooth or the pc via the ant usb! the phone app is pretty basic too. very basic info on it. at least fitbit has a webpage you can login to & delve deeper. & it keeps ALL your info. i can look back 2 years - its not just a stupid mobile app which only gives you the last week or 2.
i shall be selling my vivofit :o(. i have recently got my wet fitbit replaced via fitbit as i discovered they have a 2 year UK warranty (mine was 2 years & 2 months old but they still replaced it). i have also got a asus leap fitness tracker the accuracy is very similar to the fitbit & it has the bonus of letting you know you have a call/sms on your mobile!