on 5 January 2014
Since I found volume one I have been waiting for this and I really enjoyed it. Well thought out and written as is the first. The subtly and nuance was there allowing the emotion and personality of Darcy to shine through. Summer seems a long way off to wait for volume three.
on 10 January 2014
I've been eagerly waiting for this book after devouring the first. I wasn't as keen on the Darcy in this book as in the first but this is always the most uncomfortable part of the story of Elizabeth and Darcy where they make the woest of their mistakes, find out the darkest elements of their own characters and learn their biggest lessons. I can hardly wait for the summer so I get to read part 3. If it lives up to the rest we'll get all of Mr Darcy's inner thoughts and feelings for Elizabeth and Georgiana, we'll have him crossing swords with Caroline Bingley (yay!) and also the big show down with Wickham.
on 10 February 2014
This must be read after Volume I, I do not think it would 'stand alone'. I feel the author gets rather carried away at mid-point in this book and the 'intrigue' becomes rather entangled and a bit pointless.... Chrissie
on 6 April 2014
I have disliked most continuations of Pride and Prejudice but feel this is true to the style of the original as well as retaining some authenticity of personalities of the characters. 4 stars because Elizabeth not as clearly as opposed to Darcy in all conversations. I did not realise that there was a volume 3 to follow and screamed inwardly that I have to wait till August for publication. A very easy read. Still picture Mr. Darcy as Colin... (Not Collins!).
on 20 January 2014
This book, like its earlier volume, is enjoyable and absorbs you into its story. The book benefits from having been written by a man, as this gives you a slightly different perspective on Darcy's thoughts and, in my opinion, an edge more realistic than is often found in some of the poorer P&P literature. That said, the book is still at heart a romance, albeit a well thought out and well written one. Very much to be recommended.
on 7 February 2015
Carrying on from volume 1 could have been a disappointment but nothing was lacking here as Darcy realises his feelings and comes to terms with his character as outlined by Elizabeth. The introduction of new interesting characters adds to the situation as, this being Darcy's tale, we don't get the full 'benefit' of Mrs Bennett or Mr Collins nor some of the wit of Mr Bennett and Elizabeth. Well recommended.
on 18 February 2014
I know the difficulties of writing a fanfic novel which stays true to the original but also brings more to the party. Darcy's Tale Vol I and II are therefore a joy to read and I am eagerly awaiting Vol III. Congratulations to the author. Chrissie Elmore (author of Unmapped Country: the story of North & South continues).
on 24 February 2014
This has been the best variation I`'ve read. Jane Austen would be proud of it. The language was so like that period and it was great to learn so much more about darcy. Read vol 1 and vol 2 in one weekend. Can't wait till summer for vol 3!
on 16 February 2014
It is perhaps not as romanticised as many of the add ons/extras/variations of Pride and Prejudice - it feels very true to the character.

I have enjoyed reading the first and second volumes, I am only left waiting for the 3rd!
on 19 March 2016
After being abused from the ladies of the ton. Darcy goes to Kent only to find Elizabeth there. He proposes badly and is refused. In a fit of pique he travels back to London and is heartbroken