on 16 March 2014
As far as the drive goes I am very happy with the speed of it gives me what I expected, was easy to install in my laptop (I am an IT engineer though) but........ I first installed the drive in an external caddy and could not get the clone software to work properly more than likely because of the following........
Although the drive was picked up by Windows 7 it would not "see" the drive until I went into drive management and initialised the drive and formatted it then I could copy data onto it, H/D to SSD was as expected slow but got there in the end however data transfer from mem stick to SSD very quick indeed as you would expect.

The issue of cloning software was not really a problem for me as I was going to do a clean install of Windows 7 anyway but I will still try using the software to see if it is of any use, startup and shutdown times also were reduced significantly!

I also would recommend this drive as it comes with a 3.5 inch caddy for use in desktop PC's too
on 29 April 2014
Installed on PS3 Ultra slim 12gb flash memory console

Simple plug and play and had up to date firmware, the speed difference wasn't noticeable to me however flash memory is in essence the same thing.

PS3 software takes up about 10gb so you really only have 50-54gb of memory. Still plenty if your an infrequent gamer like me. Probably only 2 games worth d/ling due to their glitches and to my knowledge that's "the last of us" and "uncharted 3"

Bought this ssd over others since the ps3 can only really make use of the 0.1 access times and to be fair even this ssd at sata 3 is overkill for it however, i didn't trust a second hand sata1/2 ssd.
on 5 July 2014
I'm using this to upgrade an old Dell laptop, which by its very nature means I will not get to experience the true speed of this SSD. So with my slow hardware, it manages 65-70MB/s read, 50-55MB/s write speeds - that's about 3 times faster that the old hard-drive that's currently installed as well. My only real disappointment came when transferring data between partitions on the SSD. I presumed that it would be blindingly fast. Instead, it's obvious that there is only one data 'pipe' available as when moving stuff between partitions, the read/write speeds drop to half of the above figures - so it obviously can't read & write to memory simultaneously. Pity.

But so far, in general I'm very happy with it.
on 2 June 2014
Bought to give a boost to a HP PC that is a few years old. I used Transcend's own cloning software (download from their site) to clone my Windows 7 installation onto this drive and it worked fine.

The drive itself is very quick. It's my first experience with an SSD running Windows so the only thing I can compare it with is the performance I had with the mechanical HDD this replaced. And in that regard the difference is amazing.

Boot-up is much quicker and the system is generally much more responsive. Running multiple things at once doesn't slow the system down at all.

After the cloning I needed to align the first partition (drive C) but that was simple enough using Minitool Partition wizard.

All in all I'm delighted with the upgrade and the boost it has given to y system
on 8 August 2014
The online reviews all state this drive doesn't work too well and performs badly in benchmarks. Well I picked this drive up for £65 and when pressed into service in a real world PC doing real world stuff guess what? It works just fine.

I've bought a lot of SSD drives over the past three years from Sandisk, Kingston, Crucial, Corsair, Intel and OCZ. Whilst this SSD isn't as nicely put together as the others it performs day to day very much like all the others. It will still destroy that old rust spinner of yours from orbit.

There's benchmarks and then there is real life.
on 10 June 2015
I've now had this drive for over a year (bought in March 2014). It makes a great upgrade for those who want SSD speeds at a reasonable price and saw considerable write speed increases after I updated the firmware, with the original firmware I saw write speeds of around 230MB/s now it's over 300MB/s. However, note that this drive uses destructive firmware upgrades; meaning data will be lost on a firmware upgrade. So you must make sure you have all your data backed up, I used the Windows backup feature prior to updating the firmware. If you get this drive new I recommend first making sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Speeds listed below are using Firmware "SVN423b":
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 19.513 MB/s [ 4763.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 57.877 MB/s [ 14130.1 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 180.152 MB/s [ 43982.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 151.830 MB/s [ 37067.8 IOPS]

4 stars, loses 1 star due to the destructive firmware upgrade.

If you do go for a Transcend SSD, I'd recommend the newer faster Transcend SSD370
Not the fastest SDD but great value

My wife has an aging dual core laptop that has completely slowed down and nearly filled it's 40Gb hard drive. However my wife likes it and did not want a new one but this one made faster.

I put this SSD in and added another 4Gb of Ram to this old machine and low and behold it now has it's legs back again for a very low outlay. Boot speed has gone from 3 minutes to around 30 seconds and searching online is now as good as my new all singing laptop.

Overall.
----------
This is a cost effective way of expanding the life of older laptop or desktops. The drive was easy to install and set up and seems very well made. A baragin in my opinion and it has saved me buying my wife a new laptop and introducing her to Windows 8 - something I am dreading as she is not easy to teach new things !! However, I have probably bought a few years piece with this SSD.
on 22 February 2015
Installed this into my wifes aging 7 year old single core laptop running windows 7. I have to say this is by far the best upgrade you can make to an old machine. With the old mechanical drive boot up time was nearly 2 mins and just as long waiting for a program to start. After installing this drive boot up time droppes to 50 seconds and programs started almost immediately. Cloning the original drive with transcends free software was simple to use and it also has a handy utility to check the drives health. Plugged the ssd into an external usb caddy, opened up the easy to use cloning software and was done in about half hour or so. Swapped the drives over, job done. The only problem I had was cloning a 320gb drive to a smaller 128gb drive. It can't be done. Here's what I did....

1. Backed up all media to a spare external so only windows and additional programs were left (total space now used 64gb).

2. Use windows computer manager to re-partition the drive so drive C: is now smaller than 128gb.

3. Use transcend software to clone (new smaller) C: partition to ssd in external caddy.

4. Swap over old drive with new cloned ssd, and use windows computer manager to extend the C: partitition to fill the whole new drive.

5. Enjoy new life laptop, and use backed up media drive as external storage. Use old mechanical drive as you please.
VINE VOICEon 21 August 2014
I have tested this SSD with Windows 8.1,WIndows 7 and Linux Mint in laptop and desktop computers that support SATA 2 and 3 connections.The boot up times were noticeably quicker and applications were opening alot quicker.
Whilst its not the quickest of SSD it represents good performance for the money and is a good size. Its ideal for home computer enthusiasts who want to boost the speed of their computer cost effectively.
Reliability has been good with no corruption or instability of the file system.
on 11 March 2015
I just love these drive, I have bought the 128GB, 256GB and 512GB for my self. I have fitted the 128GB to lots of customers laptops and it has always made a good improvement. The software that helps you clone the data is spot on and the Hard drive adapter fits most PC tower cases.
I have installed these on machines as old as 5 years with out any hassle.