Flavour: Chocolate|Change

on 13 March 2015
Most protein shakes tend to take some suppression of taste buds. I've tried Progain, PHD nutrition, and a few lesser known brand ready made shakes. Some taste dodgy but you stomach it for the promised benefits, some have the illusion of tasting nice but have a dodgy aftertaste, and some taste nice at first but become sickly and getting through the whole dose leaves you feeling bloated and dreading the next time you have to take it.

The first striking thing about Maximilk is it that it genuinely tastes like chocolate milkshake, in a nice malty way. There's no dodgy aftertaste, no bloatedness so very easy to stomach all in one go whenever needed. At 20 g of protein it's a decent dose in relatively small volume. I take it straight after a gym session in about 2 sips, it's that easy to stomach.

I really like the size of these, I can drink this and not feel full, remember its only a supplement, not your complete work out nutrition in one bottle. with this in mind i found it a better match for my evening workouts that were soon followed by dinner. The disadvantage over buying conventional tubs of powder is the cost which is going to be high per unit, though deals can be found for bulk orders to help a bit. But Maximuscle has a good reputation in the industry and you can hence have some (subjective) assurance that you are getting decent quality.

Note this isn't the same content as found in the larger bottles, there are fewer of those added nutrients that have been in 330 ml versions.

It also has the added benefit of being suitable for vegetarians.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 1 November 2014
My wife eats no fish, not much meat, cheese or yoghourt. She has tried this chocolate protein milk drink and we are both relieved. 20gm protein per 250 ml and 12 gm carbohydrate. One a day with her other food is fine. My wife has tried other protein supplements without results but this is ideal. Straight from the glass but equally enjoyable with cereals and whatever. It has taken me many years (45+) to get the nod (not in every aspect). Must be good as I enjoy it myself. Worth every penny. Next order coming in.
on 22 September 2015
I buy many different variations of protein drinks so I'm a bit of an expert on this now. This product used to be nice to drink, but recently - the past few months it's so thick that you can't even drink/pour it properly from the carton. No amount of shaking will make any difference and there's also big thick lumps. It makes me heave. I complained to one of the the sellers previously and was refunded but no matter who this product is sold through it's always the same these days. Do yourselves a favour and buy a different brand, it's a lot of money to spend on something you can't drink.
on 6 April 2016
Tried this after researching the benefits of recovery drinks containing a balance of protein and carbohydrate post exercise. After a recent endurance event I used this for the first time and found it to be easy to use, a nice rounded chocolate taste and refreshing alternative to just pouring down water based isotonic drinks. It's an ambient product so no need for refrigeration.
on 20 January 2014
I have tried a few of the new pre-mix protein drinks on the market, and I have to say this one is the best one I have had.

The chocolate flavour is great, its easy to drink, and I have not found one that clumps like some protein drinks can do. I know these are also available in 330 and 500ml also, but the 250ml, containing 20g of whey protein is just about right, for either a post work out drink, or a supplement in the car on my way to work. Would like to see some additional flavours, banana in particular, as the strawberry and chocolate, whilst tasting great for sports nutrition drink, can get a little boring if like me you drink at least one a day (if not more).
on 3 July 2016
Listing did not state how many you get for a £1 so I wasn't sure what to expect. But only 1 arrived in my pantry box (no real surprise). But the listing shows 8 pictures, and no mention of how many you get. (If I missed it, then it's my fault). As for taste, it tastes pretty much like a Yazoo milkshake AND OR the Weetabix drinks you get in strawberry.

Average really.
on 12 January 2016
Had some gut issues after drinking many of these. Best to avoid if you experience similar, not worth risking health over. Just drink twice the amount of milk and you'll get the same protein. For the price these aren't bad though.
on 20 August 2015
Tasty, almost like regular store bought strawberry milkshake but they do get slightly thicker if kept in the fridge, not a big deal though.

Protein powders are still better in terms of value for money but these do taste much much better.
on 3 May 2015
Great tasting and great when your on the go, great for workouts and first time mums as I don't get a lot of time in the morning so this is a great protein meal to grab plus safe to drink while breast feeding
on 18 July 2016
Tasted delicious, almost as if they were chocolate milk shakes yet they are fairly low calorie and extremely high protein!
I'd definitely recommend and will be purchasing more for sure.
Great for having between breakfast and lunch as they are quite 'light'.

Thanks.