Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 January 2016
I spent a long time looking at various pairs of headphones and finally setted on these - despite the Beats bashers saying they're only for people who care about style over substance. Well, now I own a pair, I can safely say those people are wrong.

Yes - they are a good looking pair of headphones. I got comments on them in the office on the first day I bought them. And I've continued to get comments and questions about them after that. The shiny headband will attract fingerprints of course, but they're only really noticeable if you look closely anyway. The build quality is fantastic. The hinges lock solidly, the band adjusts well and doesn't pinch. I can wear these for long periods with no issue. The foam earcups are very comforable and the leatherette finish is lovely. The cable is thick, the L shaped connector is a nice touch and is well built, and I find the remote works well, and because it's a bit bigger, it's easier to change volume/play/pause than with some headphones.

When it comes to the audio, let me start with things that some people might not enjoy about the Beats. They do leak a little bit of sound, when they're at full pelt. Nothing major, but it might annoy a fellow train passenger if you're at full volume. Isolation is very good though - you won't hear that much of the outside world.

The soundstage is not flat. The headphones do bring out the bass without question, but it is NOT overwhelming, and the sound as a whole is pretty well balanced. You can hear highs and mids without trouble -- I've certainly heard parts of songs I didn't know existed before! It's a vast improvement on my pair of in-ear earphones, which I'd previously thought were pretty good.

If like me, you've been debating about getting a pair of these for a while, just take the plunge. The only thing you'll regret is you didn't get them before now!
on 19 December 2014
Got these when people on the train could clearly hear and not like my "durgy cr@p" (wife's comment on my music taste). Well I can control my Samsung S4 and a classic iPod with a bluetooth adaptor with ease. The buttons on the ear work well. Pairing is really easy and the music is clear. If you have an EQ on your music device you and turn down the bass - but I like it high. Cuts out the sound of the annoying people who talk on the train all the way into waterloo! Uncomfortable after about 2 hrs of wearing and the top of my head needs a rest then.

Nice container to keep safe when in your bag. Packaging is bit ott though.
on 3 May 2016
Well, I bought the gold pair as a match for my gold Samsung Galaxy S7 and gold Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The sound quality via Bluetooth from these phones is just amazing. I then paired up the headphones via Bluetooth to my Sony NWZ-A15 mp3 player and the music from that player has never sounded better. So the next day I bought the Titanium and Blue coloured variants as well.

I have had Sony headphones in the recent past - the HX600 and the MDR950XB being the best examples. The MDR950XB are great headphones but the bass can overwhelm the rest of the music. With the Beats Studio there is more balance to the sound - plenty of bass but plenty of detail in the mids and treble too. In certain tunes i am hearing instruments that I have not heard before. Also with the Sony's I had to use a headphone amplifier to get any decent levels of sound out of them - with the Beats Studios I do not have to. I just plat the music straight with no equalisation or amplification required to get brilliant sound.

The headphones are very comfortable and I have worn them for up to 5 hours at a time (plane journey from the States) without my ears getting hot or them hurting my head. I had a pair of Sennheisers that squeezed the life out of my head after 20 minutes so they ended up in the bin.

These are expensive headphones but they exceeded my expectations - I expected plenty of bass which I get but I am delighted to hear such clarity and completeness in the music I listen too. I have played Hayley Westenra, Eminen, Deadmau5, Elgar, Shawshank Redemption OST, Interstellar OST, Springreakers OST, Super 8 OST, Braveheart OST, Ellie Golding, Bjork, Rebecca Ferguson, Bob Marley, Louisa Marks, Alicia Keys, Cold Play, REM, Will I Am, Rihanna and so on so I have tried them with a lot of different music and they play them all perfectly.

The Sony's are going to be sold as my three Beats Studios do the job and more.

The sound cancellation works as on a noisy plane the music was crystal clear.

As I stated in the earlier version of this review I was planning on buying the red variant of these phones. Now what I did not say earlier is that I bought the other three in America when I was there last week. So I bought the UK version of the red variant and it is different to it's American cousins. It seems that the sound level has been curtailed - I know there is an EU law that limits the volume on MP3 players so maybe it applies to headphones too. The red ones sound as good as the US ones but it just does not go as loud as the others which is disappointing.

Still highly recommended and if you're traveling to the US any time soon get that version as they go louder.
on 20 July 2015
These look and feel a quality product, regrettably they are not. Less than 24hrs after getting them the glue that holds the material on the cup came apart. Made at with the cheapest quality and are an avoid at all costs product.

Luckily Amazon are fantastic and have offered a full refund. Thanks Amazon.
review image review image
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2016
We own several pairs of Beats in our household, ranging from in-ear to to over-ear and in most styles and right back from when they collaborated with Monster - for me they are simply the best brand out there for headphones. I know a lot of folks say they are style over substance, but I've never once had any problems with any of mine, and I certainly wouldn't continue to pay the astronomical amounts for them if they were any less than fantastic. These Wireless/Noise-cancelling Studio Beats are by far their best effort yet, and although they may look a little big, they are actually very lightweight and comfortable (one of my real bug bears with headphones is they are too heavy and I can therefore only wear them for a limited amount of time). The noise-cancelling on these is also wonderful - my hubby is thrilled with this aspect as he "can hardly hear me do the hoovering or the washing machine going"! And as far as sound quality goes....brilliant.....you can pick up every beat/word etc with these. Couldn't be happier with them, and they look the dog's to boot!
on 24 May 2016
I didn't want to appear a fashionista and go for Beats originally but have to admit the sound was better (to my ears) than the likes of Bose Quiet Comfort in some back to back tests that I did.

The sound is deep and rich and the noise cancelling feature is a bonus for any days that I commute to work, blocking out the vast majority of background noise. I use these headphones with an iPhone 6S.

Beware if you like to talk to your friends, though, as the built-in microphone is barely adequate and people will have difficulty hearing you compared to the standard Apple headphones.

The packaging of the headphones could be better: when they arrived (folded) in their box, one of the foam headphone cups was slightly squashed at the lower part and distorted and the shape has never fully sprung back. Also, there was no cleaning cloth with them as advertised.

After 3-4 months of careful use, the cover on the foam, over-ear cups has peeled away revealing the foam underneath. There is no stitching here, just a glued seam, and it's come apart, which is surprising and disappointing, to say the least, for an item with a £300+ price tag.

I contact Apple support who arranged for a box to be sent so I could ship them back for repair but this seems really unsatisfactory. I want a new pair, not a repair. I subsequently contacted Beats directly who, even though they're owned by Apple, assured me I'd get a new pair of headphones. I just have to send them back and wait up to 2 weeks (!!!). I can't really fault how reactive and helpful the Beats customer service people were, but the general build quality, with the fact that the headphones have had an issue like this after a couple of months of relatively light use, make me question how long the replacement pair will last.

I will wait to be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised.
review image review image
on 11 March 2014
Bought these as a gift and they are amazing! The sound quality is phenomenal and so clear and crisp. He loves them so they are worth the price and i would recommend these to everyone interesed.
Amazon's service was efficient and reliable as always, no complaints.
on 3 July 2015
I've owned 3 types of beats headphones, eventually, they all break due to wear and tear. After spending £320 on these wireless headphones. I've come to notice a serious manufacturer defect. The inner part of the cushion is sealed together with glue. After 3 months the whole thing started falling apart. Yes it's under warranty, but they'll repair it the same way and it will dismantle again. Right now, I feel robbed and I want my money back!
on 29 March 2014
There's no doubt these headphones sound good but £329 good? Not quite...
5* for style 4* for sound 4* comfort but only a 3* for value from me? Thankyou and good night :)
on 11 May 2016
These headphones have always provided me with a good quality noise cancelling experience and they are extremely comfy to wear. However there are a few downsides as I feel there are better headphone options on the market for a considerably cheaper price. When you buy these, you buy the logo, you want to be seen wearing them regardless of the quality. So if you can deal with the fact that you may be paying £50 extra for a fashion statement than another brand that may have higher specs then don't hesitate to buy these headphones as they are of a good standard after all, but maybe not the best they can be.