5.0 out of 5 stars Handy tough torch
As somebody who has been regularly road cycling for over 35 years and hiking/climbing for 20 I am well aware of the need for a good light/torch and I have been through loads good and bad over the years.

Upon arrival I found in the box. . .

- The torch body which takes 3 x AAA batteries and is short at 5 inches long
- A quick-fix clamp that...
Published 11 months ago by KM

3.0 out of 5 stars - The mount is better than it looks
I bought this torch for my bike, as something that's a bit more robust and bright.

The goods:
- It's bright, don't flash it on full brightness at people!
- The ring size is adjustable, so it's a bit more multi-purpose depending on what you're using it for. I have it on max for cycling to illuminate street signs.
- Two brightness level in case you...
Published 1 month ago by Stan

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy tough torch, 17 Jan 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: EasyAcc Flashlight Torch 500lm 3-in-1 Cree LED Bike Light, Headlamp Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp, Free Head Strap and Bike Mount (DIY & Tools)

Upon arrival I found in the box. . .

- The torch body which takes 3 x AAA batteries and is short at 5 inches long
- A quick-fix clamp that attaches the light to your bike
- A headband to enable the light to be used as a headlamp
- A lanyard/hand-strap for handheld use
- An adapter tube to enable a 18650 battery to be used instead of the AAA's. These batteries can be simply bought here on Amazon at different mAh powers.

There are no instructions with this light but it is all self explanatory and easy to work out! Also there are no batteries supplied.

I am very impressed with the build quality as this is a solid device that has definitely been made to take more than a few knocks. The manufacturers claim it is waterproof, shockproof and. . . . explosion proof!

Nicely finished in a anodized matt black aluminium alloy. Upon easily screwing the crown off to access the insides the small aluminium reflector has a very good mirrored finish. The Cree LED is well fitted and there's plenty of room inside for heat dissipation because these lights could get warm. Better dissipation means it will last longer. Just inside the crown under the glass is the 'frog eye lens'. I took it out and had a look at it. I was a tad surprised to find it was made from plastic rather than glass but still flawless to look at and functional nevertheless. There is a very good clip on the torch to attach it to say a rucksack, belt loop or D-ring on a jacket for a few mins if you're climbing. The clicky type button at the back end is also silicone.

So, this light seems to be (to me) well made, inside and out.

In use -

You will need 3 x AAA batteries or a 18650. For my bike the torch clamp was screwed to my handlebars within a minute, dead easy and was good to go.

The light has three functions which are activated by pressing the silicone clicker type button at the back of the lamp.

- Full power (supposedly 500 Lumens)
- Low power (Supposedly 250 Lumens)
- Strobe (Supposedly 500 Lumens)

I cannot 'prove' the Lumen power of this light but can compare it to a 1000 Lumens light I have. . .

This is a very bright light. On full it is about 500 lumens. The frog-eye lens is zoomable by turning a green ring on the torch. It has a good centre-spot throw with a wide filter. It's good for around 100ft forward by 20ft wide with brilliant visibility. To be honest on full belt on the road I'd say it's way too much for oncoming traffic unless it's pointed downwards at the road ahead. I'd be worried to be stopped by the police. Comical but true!

Low power is well sufficient for road cycling in my opinion. Still very good indeed but less harsh, still great visibility. Again, the strobe effect is so powerful I imagine it to be epileptic fit inducing. I personally would not use the full or strobe unless it was 'pitch' black and I could not see a thing or there was no traffic around/I was off road or in an emergency.

I've done a few short night rides which took 3 hours there and back (Into Liverpool with a tea and cheese butty stop by the river!) and the light was spot on for the duration, no fading, flickering or anything.

For cycling this is a brilliant light. I love the clamp for the bike, better than using silicone 'O' rings which you find with a lot of these lights.

This light definitely has other uses.

It does come with a headband so you can attach it and use it as a headlamp. Perfect for camping or like myself to throw in your rucksack (there's no weight in it at all at around 300g) if you go walking/hiking and you often come across caves/potholes/dense woodland. You could use this in work as a floodlight in dark situations/emergency lighting. To look inside your car engine or for DIY purposes.

I am yet to test it's explosion-proof-ness out! :)

A handy little light!

This light was kindly sent to me for review by the manufacturer

Recommended.

*goes to find hand grenade*

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up your life!, 25 Jan 2014
Tommy Dooley "Tom" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is quite simply a brilliant torch/flashlight. First and foremost it is hand held to use as normal, it can also be attached to a bicycle, or as a helmet attachment. It has a powerful LED beam that can be altered from wide to narrow focus by adjusting the green turning bar on the sleeve. It needs 3 x AAA batteries which are easy peasy to put in. It is turned on by a very tactile rubber on/off switch which is on the end of the torch. It can also be used as a flashing light by turning on and off in quick succession which is ideal for using on your bike.

It comes with a safety clip so you can carry it on a belt without fear of losing it, it also has an attachment for your bike handlebars which again is of robust design and easy to fit. The head straps are very good quality and are a sinch to adjust. This is three in one products and works brilliantly in any situation, the lens is of high quality too and the case is metal and fairly sturdy and it is really small. It is amazing that a device so compact can produce such a powerful beam. I received a sample in exchange for a review. I have been using it for around ten days now in various situations and it has not let me down yet, so I find it very easy to highly recommend this great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light at a good price., 22 Aug 2014
I would say that it is an good light for a good price.

The construction is of the light is very good as are the accessories - the headband is neatly sewn and will come in handy.

I used the light on a pitch black cycle path and found it to be good zoomed out at the brightest setting - I'm not sure that the zoomed in setting it going to be much use to a cyclist as the area illuminated become minuscule. If just using as a flashlight I could see how it would be useful if one was trying to illuminate something at a distance.

I would describe the light colour as a cool white.

The strobe setting is very bright and very fast. I'm pretty certain drivers are not going to miss spotting it anyway.

I found the handlebar mount perfectly up to the job. The light snaps snugly into it and does not rattle about.

I am happy with my purchase so far.

3.0 out of 5 stars - The mount is better than it looks, 12 Nov 2014

The goods:
- It's bright, don't flash it on full brightness at people!
- Two brightness level in case you don't want to blind someone!
- The mount is better than it looks, I was concerned about the clip on design allowing the torch to fall off along the bumpier sections of my daily route - but after two months of use I've not had any problems, and I've hit some serious bumps. Yet the mount design makes it very easy to attach or remove the torch.

The bads:
- There's no side illumination. This isn't an issue for use as a standard torch, but for cycle lights - side cuts on the light allows vehicles to see you from most angles. The torch design does not allow that unfortunately.
- The blink setting is too fast - the pulsing is so fast that I suspect it'd be rather uncomfortable for people on the receiving end. A slower blink setting would make this more ideal as a cycle light.
- Toggling brightness level / blinking settings (there're 3: bright, medium and pulsing medium) is done by soft presses after hard press (which turns light on or off). Unfortunately the soft presses can be accidentally triggered during bumps (as mentioned before, I have some bumpy sections on my daily commute) turning my light from pulse to standard mode.

All in all I think this is a wonderful general purpose torch that serves as a good secondary light on a bike. I'd recommend having a different primary with blink and side illuminations, and have this on large ring mode to cover the ground ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good, versatile torch, 23 Jan 2014
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I was sent this torch by the manufacturers for review and I think it is an excellent little unit. It is bright, compact and comes with a handy package of extras.

The torch is well made out of aluminium and has the feel of a robust, durable product. It is very compact (about 15cm long) and at 150g including the battery it's ideally light for carrying in rucksack. It is comfy in the hand and the CREE LED gives a good bright light. It's not the brightest I've seen but it is perfectly adequate for all normal purposes and has a focus ring which will go from a wide general beam to a tightly focussed and very bright beam which illuminates well up to at least 50m away. The switch scrolls through Bright, Half-power, Strobe and Off modes which is pretty standard for torches like this. Personally I wish they would put a separate on/off switch and mode switch so the torch stays on the setting you want and just goes on and off, but it's not a big problem.

No batteries are included. The torch is powered by either a 18650 rechargeable battery (non-standard in the UK, but available) or three normal AAA batteries. It works fine with AAA rechargeables, which for me gives this an edge over other torches which only take a 18650.

In addition there is a belt clip, a wrist lanyard, a handlebar mount and a headset for use as a headlamp, so I think it's fair to say that you don't need to worry about how you're going to carry the torch. They all work very well, and the handlebar mount is excellent and very simple. The headset is great once it's on but I found fitting the torch to the headset more fiddly than an exceptionally fiddly thing on National Fiddly Day. Perhaps I'll get used to it, but I wouldn't want to be doing it as a matter of routine. Overall, though, the mounts are a really good feature.

This is a very good, versatile torch which should give good service for a long time. The current price of just under a tenner for a package like this is exceptionally good value, and I can recommend this very warmly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent torch for bicycling or general use, 9 Dec 2014
D. Sinha "Dan" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been using this most days to commute in the cold wet London weather for the past few weeks. It has proved to be one of the best, most bargainous buys I've made for ages.

Firstly, this torch is bright. Really bright. While riding I sometimes catch my reflection in a far off window. It always takes me a second to realise the lunatic with a small sun on his bars is actually me. Commuting in traffic I feel very confident that other road users will be able to see me coming a mile off. That makes commuting through London a little bit less worrisome. Riding in the dark it performs very well, illuminating a good way ahead making top speed hooning nothing to worry about.

It has three modes, steady beam bright, steady beam slightly less bright, and flashing at full brightness. I mostly use the flashing mode as I imagine it saves the batteries to some extent. It is a quick flash, only a little slower than a strobe. Works well and doesn't cause any weird headachey or dizzying symptoms that you might expect from a proper strobe. Because it flashes so fast you can actually use it as a headlight in this mode in the pitch black, so you don't have to switch modes if you're swapping between lit streets and unlit parks/tow paths/the depths of space. Having said that switching modes is very easy, just half depress the on/off switch. Very convenient.

The focus ring is another nice touch. You can adjust the beam down to a tight beam all the way up to a ~120 degree flood. The light pattern is pretty even too. For commuting I like to leave it quite wide but not all the way. Gives a nice wide beam that projects 3-5m in front. If you always wanted to be a superhero you can screw the ring all the way in and project a sharp "M" (the shape of the LED surface) into the sky.

The torch seems robust and it's weathered rain and cold without any complaints so far. The mounting system is fine once you realise that you need to tighten it quite a lot more than you think. It has a handy little thumbscrew that's easy to use without tools.

It takes 3 x AAA batteries, which is what I'm using. I've seen some other reviewers say you can get a lithium battery pack which is rechargeable and also makes the torch even brighter! Once these batteries run out I will probably try that.

All in all an excellent torch, compact, robust, very good value and most importantly it lights stuff up in the dark. Thoroughly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but mount & strap needs to be though out better., 9 Aug 2014
Simon J Bird (London, England) - See all my reviews
Firstly I do not feel it is a 3 in 1 torch, despite it being advertised.

Head strap = -1 star not practical.
This absolutely useless, the elasticated loops are so small it takes a good 10 minutes to get the torch in each loop. You'll need to take the light head off with the batteries removed to get the the front loop on then screw the light head back on. Then put the batteries back in then some how get the second loop on. Once you've got both loops on you will find the torch too heavy to hold in place on your head. While it needs to be secure, still it needs to fit.

Bike mount = -1 star, not universal enough.
Also useless, If you have a very thick handlebar then the clip will not fit at all. There is no where to mount it on my bike. My road bike handlebars are too big for it, it will fit a standard mountain bike handle bar which are thin, but if you are into your cycling, best things are not always a standard size.

EasyAcc® Flashlight Torch = 3 stars
If I wanted a just a torch I'd just buy a torch at half the price just as good, it might be bright, but without the above accessories to use it how I needed, it fails to live up to the many happy users, I brought it based on the review.

I've given it 3 stars, had the Head strap and Bike mount been more practical I would have given it 5. I am now attempting to find a different clip to find some use for this on my bike, although it will probably be returned.

Also how do you test if it is in fact explosion proof?

4.0 out of 5 stars Time will tell how good the switch is - the torch itself should last ..., 24 Sep 2014
It is very well made - probably turned from solid aluminium, and it is protected from corrosion by being chemically blacked and oiled. ( I usually use a torch outdoors, working on something, holding any torch in my mouth, so being oiled is not a plus in my own case). The focus/dimmer/zoom function isn't really what it claims and works in the opposite sense to the label on it.
The near certain major minus point to it - the switch is a press button toggle on the end. I use a torch very frequently as I have to tend livestock in the dark for a few months each year and the switch is ALWAYS the problem with torches that have them, rather than ones which screw up to make a contact to switch them on.
Time will tell how good the switch is - the torch itself should last years upon years. Based on experience, if the switch lasts more than 2-3 years with me, it will be unusual. (I had a Tekna torch until recently (left on top of the car, and then I drove), that was approaching 30 years old and still worked absolutely fine. Twist action switch. Tekna Inc. long since defunct.)

Being a car driver rather than cyclist, I can say that it is easily bright enough to severely dazzle any car driver if poorly positioned on a bike - cyclist please note this pet hate of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars This item is under priced! It's brilliant because ..., 1 Nov 2014
This light is brilliant. Comes with a head strap (which I don't use because It's dangerous to other drivers when looking directly at their vehicles, however it's good for off road in the darkness) the bike mount however is exceptionally good and easy to put on the bike with no screwdriver required.

It has three different modes, flash (dangerous for epileptics as it flashes so quickly and is so bright) and constant shine either dim or bright. The light is so bright it can light a dark road or path and other road users have no excuse for pulling out on vulnerable cyclists as the light is clearly visible.

You can change the surface area the light covers by twisting the top so it either spreads more or concentrates on one small spot.

And doubles up as an amazing torch!

I recommend it to all cyclist who are searching for a great bike light that is also value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Kit, 6 May 2014
Very bright...seems like a solid piece of kit. As it's led the batteries last a decent amount of time. Worth the money.