Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 14 April 2014
Kindly Bent To Free Us is another great album by Cynic. Paul, Sean and Malone's musicianship is excellent as always, full of amazing melodic, intricate guitar & drum-work, beautiful progressions and odd time signatures. The bass is more pronounced than ever and it's a welcomed change as in my opinion as you can appreciate Malone's contribution the record.

My favourites are Moon Heart Sun Head, Gitanjali & Holy Fallout but all the songs are great. It has a far more natural sound compared to the highly polished releases like Traced In Air and Carbon Based Anatomy, but I'd say it was intentional and adds to the atmosphere and dynamics of the songs.

Overall a very solid release by Cynic showcasing their constant evolution and musical prowess. A classic no doubt.
on 11 March 2015
This is my favourite Cynic album. I love growly death metal vocals, but this album works so well without them. It's very well structured, providing great pleasure on many replays. If you like death metal, but are put off by the lack of "ferocity" in this recording, please give this incredible album a chance by listening to it twice, and then see if you are entertained enough on the replay to embrace its sound.

Fun lyrics too:

"Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around
An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced
Now I must take their medicine"
on 11 May 2014
Deserves to be played a million times as it gets more and more interesting the more you listen to it.
on 24 March 2014
First average Cynic album. I love Focus and Portal Tapes. Traced in Air has some good songs on it too. But this is regress. Diluted "density" and "complexity" on one hand and rather average melodies on the other. On top of that vocals are nothing special. Male vocals were never a strong point in their music but now Masvidal's mannerisms are unbearable for me. I listened to this few times but don't really like it. If for some people "kindly...." is brilliant than more power to them.
on 1 March 2014
Sophisticated guitar, bass and drum playing melodic and erratically enchanting along with the soft delicate vocals... this is an album which makes me feel good. Prog Rock at it's finest and most dazzling... certainly a trip I am glad to have took and will take many more times

Highly recommend, softer than previous albums but all the more enchanting.