5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 29 Sept. 2013
As my musical knowledge these days only extends to Classic Rock magazine I was surprised when I stumbled across this album last night whilst a little tipsy (i.e. very drunk).
Woke up none the wiser and eventually realised I'd purchased this great live album.

What a great album this is. Skin live is a sight to behold and to finally get it on CD albeit acoustic is just great.
Whilst I enjoy the heavier stuff which is obviously absent here as it's acoustic, the best Skunk Anansie songs have always been the more mellow and emotional ones. This album is perfect for them.
I can't even point to a best track as each song is amazing in its own right. Although You do something to me is particularly satisfying.

If you like SA, this is brilliant. If you don't think you like them, this is still brilliant. If you hate them you are an idiot.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful . such powerful voice, 26 Dec. 2013
this is truly a great buy . what a wonderful performance . Skin has such a powerful voice . i can not but think her uniqueness added with acoustic makes this truly wonderful . i loved every minute of it

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful work, 26 Sept. 2013
This is what i think about a wonderful work!!! A really good concert, with one of the best voice in the world

5.0 out of 5 stars Just splendid, 4 Nov. 2013
I was lucky enough to catch, by pure chance - channel surfing - the actual performance, or probably a recording thereof, shown on one of the Sky Arts channels. And I recorded it too, and that's going to stay on the Sky box hard disk forever.

I've long loved Skunk Anansie, and this album has to be the perfect culmination of all those years; it's as close to perfect as you'll get if you love this group. Skin is at her best - a new and more restrained Skin, with, as far as I can tell, a note-perfect voice. Not just the voice, but the acoustic backing, the support singer, and the whole general ambience of the album make it a winner.

I really really want you to buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars the dogs bollox, 4 Oct. 2013
I love Skunk Anansie and have for many years, they have helped me through some dark times. This acoustic set is stunning, mature but still has the rawness that I related to so strongly all those years ago. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skunktastic, 26 Sept. 2013
Absolutely amazing album! Shows off Skin's powerful voice spectacularly and the amazing talent of the rest of the band. A must buy for any acoustic fan and well just any lover of DECENT music! Buy it buy it now you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Jun. 2014
Great album... watched the gig on sky before buying album... looked to be a great evening.... love Secretly. Skin's fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars positive feedback from happy customer, 7 May 2014
My fiance is such a fan of her work & as he couldn't go to see this live he's watched the t.v. version 3times and listens to this alot. Thank you for prompt delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome as ever!, 26 April 2014
This band are absolutely brilliant live, so being able to watch them on DVD in addition to listening to them on CD is a real bonus - you get to see and hear them at their best and to appreciate the personalities behind the music (for us what makes this even more special is knowing that we were there too for their first ever acoustic show!).

We will never tire of watching or listening to this :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Power and Grace, 14 April 2014
I remember seeing Skunk Anansie in Nottingham in the 1990's. I was totally blown away by their performance and in particular the singer Skin. Over the years I have kept myself in touch with their releases and with the solo recordings of Skin. It was with a little trepidation that I bought this release, from past experience sometimes the change from electric to acoustic does not always work but in this case it does so on all levels. It has been a while since I have enjoyed playing and replaying an album as good as this. The musicianship is first class and the vocal performance from Skin is sublime. There are times when you really marvel at how note perfect she is and of the depth and passion she puts into her performance. The rest of the band are no slouches either, the arrangements of the songs all work extremely well. If you take a chance on buying an album in the near future then I urge you to buy this one you will not be disappointed.

An Acoustic Skunk Anansie
An Acoustic Skunk Anansie by Skunk Anansie (Audio CD - 2014)