Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.98

on 21 February 2014
This is such a good book. Rachel Patterson writes in such a way that is so easy to read and so easy to understand. I refer to this book regularly so it is kept within easy reach. It is very informative and incredibly useful, whether you are new to moon magic or have been dabbling for some time. A must have, brilliant read. :-)
on 21 January 2014
Rachel Patterson has distilled the essence of everything connected with the moon into this wonderful and charming book. Moon phases, rituals, recipes, meditations, deities, power animals, signs, symbols, charms, spells, divination and so much more are tucked carefully within its pages and through it all shines the authors love of working with the moon and moon magic. A delight for everyone who gazes upon the moon and wonders how to work with its immense power.
on 22 January 2014
Pagan Portals is, as the name suggests, a series of books (by various authors) with the aim of introducing various aspects of Paganism. Moon Magic seems a staple in this diet, as there are few branches of Paganism that don't require at least some familiarity with the cycles of the moon. My initial concern is that this book may have little to offer the experienced practitioner. Just looking at the contents page dispels these fears instantly. Not only does Rachel (also known as Tansy Firedragon) cover what I would think of as 'The Basic' such as the phases of the moon, Esbats and some of the more well-known moon rituals, she also brings a fascinating amount of detail including working with cords, charms and supernatural creatures.

So rubbing my hands together gleefully at the prospect of learning something new about my favourite satellite, I dive right in. Rachel writes in a very accessible style that is very inclusive to readers of all aptitudes. Facts are listed in well written, easy to consume bites, and each section that stems after is broken down in such a way it could almost be used as a reference book. Each moon phase has its own correspondences and magic, so it's easy enough to flick through to find what you need at a specific time. I would find the information on oils and crystals particularly useful.

The meditations included are beautiful; someone really needs to make a podcast of these though so they can be downloaded and played at whim!
We move from the phases of the moon into the seasonal moon and examine different ways of using a moon calendar including relating it to the controversial Celtic Tree calendar. I'm glad she includes this though; it shows that moon magic and timings are not just for Wicca, but for any path.

I am particularly pleased with the Planting with the Moon chapter; this is such a simple aspect of bio-dynamic agriculture but so many people forget the impact the Moon has on plants and the soil. I've often used lunar agrarian principles for my own garden and others', but this chapter teaches me things I never knew and will definitely implement myself.

This book is very short and as such you really have no excuse to not read it. If you have even the slightest interest in Paganism, Magic, natural living or astrology, this book will be relevant to you. The moon affects all of us, after all! Rachel brings a wealth of information together in such a way that you can go back to this book time and again, without it ever feeling old. The style is simple and full of common sense, yet magical and wondrous at the same time. Quite an achievement.
on 7 March 2014
Rachel Patterson’s book is inspiring, she brings the Moon alive. Whether you’re new to witchcraft or already experienced Rachel’s book will offer wonderful new glimpses as you walk with her down the moonlit paths. I loved the rituals and spells, a couple of which were very useful to me at this time. It’s a book to dip into and keep beside you after the first non-stop read. Thank goodness my copy is on Kindle and so won’t get dog-eared as it undoubtedly would if in paperback.
on 15 June 2014
This book has been a real revelation and a pleasure to read. For the experienced and the beginner a way to attune your magic and your life with the cycles of the Moon.
Moon Magic has helped me to realise and connect in a way that feels right. With easy to follow beautiful Rituals and crafts for each phase of the Moon, this book takes the reader on a journey of discovery and realization of just how much our lives and moods are connected with the phases of the Moon.
Love, love,love this book and have recommended it to all my friends
on 10 August 2014
A gem of a book, nice and concise a great companion to those starting their journey or for those engaging with the path once more. Visualisations are lovely, I have purchased the cd after having read them the imagery that is conjured is perfect. Can't fault this book and in reference to the review that comments about a missing list it's a page or two back.
on 2 March 2014
Rachel Patterson's Moon Magic is a delight to read. Every aspect of moon magic is covered in a very accessible way, making it an ideal purchase for the novice and practiced alike. If you ever wanted to find anything out to do with the moon, then this is your book! The rituals within are so straight forward, with no complicated ingredients or timescales. I particularly enjoyed her index of moon goddesses.
Patterson's writing style is conversational but at the same time instructive. It is also great to pick up and read as a reference book and infact the only down side of the book is that its too short - I would have liked more!!

Do buy it!
on 5 March 2014
This is such a brilliant book. Rachel writes in such a way that is so easy to read and so easy to understand. This book is very informative and very useful, whether you are new to moon magic or not ,or even ,thinking about trying moon magic. It gives lists of herbs .oils and blends to use during each phase, this is the second book i have and i will be sure to get the others, Well done Rachel ,
Do have a look through and do take the step to buy as i guarantee you will not be disappointed at all
on 20 March 2014
This little book is a gem. It's very easy to read and i find myself dipping in and out of it frequently. I was lucky enough to receive this as a Yule gift and it has made it's home on my permanent pile of books beside the sofa. Many books arrive on the pile but not many stay there!
If you are looking for information or ritual it's just perfect!
on 30 January 2014
This is the fourth book of Rachel's I have read - I like her easy writing style, and look forward to her future works!
I read this book from cover to cover and found it very interesting. I knew nothing about the Moon, and will be dipping in and out of it, in the future.

My only criticisms are that, on page 13, Rachel refers to Lucky Charms, saying that we need to 'leave the stone out on the night of a Waxing Moon' but we are in the New Moon chapter - the Waxing Moon is a whole new chapter, which starts on the next page ... that was a little confusing.

Secondly, on page 35 in the 'Waning Moon' chapter, under the heading 'Waning Moon Ritual', it says - you will need: Large leaf herbs that associate with the Moon (see list below) ... there is no 'list below' ... which was disappointing, as I would have liked to have seen what Rachel's suggestions were! However, having said that, these are only minor details, and it is still a very useful reference book ... it leaves you wanting to learn more!