4.0 out of 5 stars Panama Limited Jugband
Published on 31 July 2010 by N. J. Hirst

1.0 out of 5 stars living in the past ?
"Indian Summer" was very special ... original .. lasting and it is treasured , I rather excitedly purchased this new CD without first listening , expecting something similar to what went before .......... but it was'nt ! ( I am not knocking it ) ......... If Panama release another CD in the future
I'll check it out first..
"Indian Summer " will be difficult...
Published on 27 April 2010 by L. Ironside

4.0 out of 5 stars Panama Limited Jugband, 31 July 2010
N. J. Hirst - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panama Limited Jug Band (Audio CD)
Whilst I appreciate this might not be to everyone's taste I'd like to point out that the previous reviewer is mistaken insofar as that this is the original Panama Ltd album released in 1969 and Indian Summer was the second album from 1970. This album is full of acoustic instruments from kazoos to tea chest basses, banjos and guitars and harmonicas. Songs range from straight blues to novelty and Liz Hanns who performs many of the vocals lends the whole album a sense of fun. She left after this album and Indian Summer is a much more electric affair with a distinct Captain Beefheart feel. By this time the band had dropped "Jugband" from their name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 30 Jan 2011
Mr. John L. Ashdown "Lint" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panama Limited Jug Band (Audio CD)
I have never reviewed anything before but I feel motivated to correct a wrong here. I had this on vinyl when it first came out something like 40 years ago. It was very good then and the excellent audio quality of this CD version makes it even better. Very much an eclectic taste though.

I couldn't disagree with the first reviewer more about their follow up album though(he has the chronology about face). Their second album was an attempt to change direction by plagiarising Captain Beefheart (IMHO). Doomed to failure from the start; Captain Beefheart (aka Don van Vliet) is absolutely unique, his music is totally idiosyncratic. Nobody else could possibly make music in the way he did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 24 Feb 2011
This review is from: Panama Limited Jug Band (Audio CD)
I'm The son of Ron from the band.

I have always grown up with the panama jug music before i even knew it was available to buy as i was growing up it was the music my dad played so i'd do anything to get away from it, however a couple years ago he took on a few local musicians with the idea of reforming however once they'd done a gig they had ideas of changing the name.

They did actually make a cd if people are interested, a website is in the works.

I like the album alot, it's also really good live and was wondering if anyone knew of the single " The lady of shalot"?

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you from Tokio?, 8 Jan 2014
Mr. John M. Selman "TTotal" (Southampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panama Limited Jug Band (Audio CD)
Album is great but the seller was dodgy
All of the cover is in Japanese. Ideal if you are from japan. I am not sadly so it's about as much use as a paper spoon.

1.0 out of 5 stars living in the past ?, 27 April 2010
L. Ironside (bonnie scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panama Limited Jug Band (Audio CD)
I'll check it out first..
"Indian Summer " will be difficult to beat!

ARRAY(0xab56f594)

Panama Limited Jug Band
Panama Limited Jug Band by Panama Limited Jug Band (Audio CD - 2014)