5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read
Having read Master of the Crows by this author I knew this book would be well written. This is a clever twist on the story of beauty and the beast but is unique enough for it to feel very original. I really wish there was more available by this author in this country as I know she has a much wider following in America. I urge you to read this and Master of the Crows.
Published 14 months ago by Mrs. C. Pesquero

2.0 out of 5 stars almost...
Published 13 days ago by april

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 26 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 1 Feb. 2014
Rachael Abbott (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
A clever and witty retelling of Beauty and the Beast. The relationship between the protagonists develops in a believable way and I very much enjoyed the verbal sparring between them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally enjoyable!, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
Loved it. Creative interpretation of beauty and the beast. Great author. Can't wait for this author's next book. Thank you Ilona Andrews for recommending her.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great twist on a favourite fairytale, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled across this when Amazon threw it up amidst a search for Robin McKinley books. I am usually annoyed when Amazon does this but was actually grateful in this instance. I am a sucker for 'Beauty and the Beast' retellings and it seemed to have very good reviews. I took a gamble on it and it really paid off. I very much enjoyed the story and will be buying other books by the author. It is certainly a book for adults rather than teenagers. Grace Draven's other book can be purchased as part of the 'Darkly Dreaming' collection where you get the whole book 'Master of Crows' plus 4 other novels by other authors for a much cheaper price than just buying Master of Crows on its own - bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and poetic fantasy romance!, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
Miss Draven keeps writing this stunning, surreally beautiful books, damn it! I'm in total awe of this author. You know how sometimes you find someone's book and you feel like they totally get you and your taste? Like they are your bookish soul mates and completely dig you? Yeah, that feeling.

There are a few authors who fall under this category in my book, and Miss Draven became one of them with Master of Crows. Entreat Me only confirmed it.

Louvaen Duenda is a termagant, a shrew, a handsome widow who keeps her never-do-well father's finances barely afloat and the predators circling her younger beautiful sister Cinnia away. When Cinnia runs away with a young man Gavin to get much needed money to pay their father's debt, Louvaen chases the couple back to Gavin's father's estate, Ketach Tor.

There she is persuaded by Gavin's father Ballard to wait through the winter to see of the youngsters truly love each other and if there will be a wedding.

Ketach Tor is eery beautiful and very harsh. It's surrounded by 4 centuries old curse, which made it's roses viciously poisonous, and it's owner, Ballard badly disfigured. There are only a handful of servants living within, a loyal wizard of the family, and of course Ballard himself who Gavin visits from time to time.

Ballard is grumpy, antisocial, abrupt and resigned to his dark fate. Strangely enough Louvaen is just the woman for him as her own harsh nature sees right past his defences into his own soul, and what they make of it is beautiful, poetic and alluring as hell.

He ran a thumb over her soft lips, watching as her eyelids drooped lower and lower. "Kiss me, shrew, before you close your eyes and dream of a handsome prince."

They exchanged several drugging kisses before Louvaen slid down in the bed and laid her head on Ballard's shoulder.

"Ballard," she said in a groggy voice.

"Hmm?"

"Princes are dull. I'd be bored to death traipsing off to royal balls and in a foul mood because I would be cinched into a scratchy gown and wearing the latest fashionable shoes - something ungodly painful and foolish like glass slippers. I'd rather dream of a Green Man with horns or a margrave with pretty scars and a lovely body."

Ballard grinned and kissed the top of her head. "And if you wake up to find one in your bed? Will you run screaming for help?"

She gave an indelicate snort. "Hardly. I know a good thing when I see it. I'd swive him cross-eyed."

I loved it so much I think I'll return to this book soon and will savour it line by line. This is so wonderful and raw and not pretty that I urge you to pick Entreat Me up and read it. Don't let it pass you by.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. Would like to read more of this authors books if they were available on my kindle. Will definately enjoy reading this one again and will be putting it in my favourites

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly beautiful, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
Words can't describe how beautiful this book was. Whilst this is firmly set in a fantasy world it is very definitely a book about human relationships. Grace Draven writes exquisitely about the human condition and somehow she just makes you care so so much about her characters. I think if you asked me to describe this book I wouldn't be able to describe the events so much as the feeling it gave me. Whilst Ballard and Louvean are a wonderful pair as our main characters the rest of the household are not to be outdone either and light up the page. I have absolutely no doubt at all that I will go back and read this book many many times. A true masterpiece.

2.0 out of 5 stars almost..., 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
almost really good...the pacing is off...slow in the middle, too fast towards the end...the villain is too simple, and the good guys too dim to deal with him...the magic is too powerful not to have destroyed the curse, and the resolution too simple and quick...the balance is skewed within the plot...but the main characters are good, the world is interesting, and the perspective on the old take is interesting...too many unnecessary sex scenes, they unbalance the story also..but a decent effort on the whole, not without promise!

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting re-telling of an old story (spoiler alert), 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
Despite initially feeling frustrated when I realised this was a retelling of beauty and the beast, I'm glad I stuck with the book as I very much enjoyed it as a nice bit of distraction on a Sunday morning.

It's particularly refreshing to have a strong female protagonist who didn't need to be classically beautiful or sexy or the typical old or new Disney female lead. The character development is solid and this gave the most enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
This book is fantastic! I love the premise, the characters and the world. Grace Draven writes wonderful characters with flaws and humour. I recommend these books to anyone who loves romance (and maybe even those that have never been so fond of the genre), I really hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Entreat Me