Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 6 April 2013
Quite enjoyable although a bit slow in parts. Failed to keep a 6 year old`s attention. I think the TV series was a lot better.
on 22 November 2014
Great film exactly what it described and was delivered in a matter of days. Very pleased with the product and seller :-)
on 24 January 2016
I took my niece to see this when it came out in the 80s and she was about 7 years old. Absolutely loved it, both of us. I noticed that it was on TV over Christmas and my wife said that she had never seen it, so we watched it together. I loved it as much as ever and my wife hardly stopped laughing from the first appearance of Harry. She said that there was no point buying the DVD now that she had seen it. It wouldn't be as good the second time. So of course I bought it and she was wrong; she laughed just as much the second time. This will be a film that we are going to watch over and over and when my niece visits (now in her thirties) we'll have a special screening.
There has been some criticism of the 'bad language' and needing to be aware of it when showing the film to children. Both times I watched this I was unaware of anything offensive and there is plenty elsewhere that I do find offensive. I feel that some parents are over-protective and it doesn't help their children in learning to relate to the world around them. Of course a potty-mouthed child is stomach-churningly upsetting, but children aren't stupid; they are very good, with a little guidance from parents etc, at working out for themselves what is the right way to express themselves without offending and they will hear much worse than is on this film in the streets or from other children in school. I would even say that swearing is an important part of self-expression, when used sparingly and in extremis and there could be little more extreme than having a Bigfoot wrecking your home. It surely is preferable to hear the mild language used in this film than the far more offensive expressions that we hear every day on the streets and, nowadays, in television and film.
on 22 August 2013
Fantastic film for all the family to watch together, not at all dated. No bad language or violence, sad and funny.
on 11 December 2012
this is a great film if anybody is in to the classic of the 80s early 90s films the dvd reach me in great shape
on 22 January 2015
Been wanting this film for a long time. It came ezcellent condition and arrived within a.few days. Great stuff
on 9 December 2013
Returning from a hunting trip in the forest, the Henderson family's car hits an animal in the road.

At first they fear its a man, but when they examine the body they find it's a Sasquatch, or Bigfoot. They think it's dead so they decide to take it home, after all there could be some money in this.

It isn't dead. Far from being the ferocious monster they fear it to be, he's a friendly giant.

In their attempts to keep Harry a secret, the Henderson's have to hide him from the authorities and a man, who has made it his goal in life, to catch a Bigfoot.....

During the late eighties, there were a spate of these types of movies, something out of the ordinary that invades a normal family or persons life. We had this, Short Circuit, Batteries Not Included and a few more.

When these movies were released, I was at an age where I would lap these up, and so I do really have fond memories of this film. Introducing my daughter to it yesterday was revelatory, as she lapped it up as I expected, but for me, I couldn't believe how predictable the film was and how often the same jokes were used again and again.

But it's still a fun high concept family film that doesn't rely on toilet humour to raise a laugh. Baker has done wonderful work on Harry, its still holds well today, and with his body language, it provides some genuine laughs.

The funniest scene being when George says to Harry 'how's it going?', Harry's reaction is comedy gold.

The narrative and story is something you'd expect from this sort of film, and you can see the tropes coming a mile off.

The bad guy turning good at the end, George feeling bad and sticking up for hardy, and the worst troupe of all, which still gets me is the one where George starts being nasty to Harry to make him leave, AKA tough love to protect him.

All in all its a typical fun eighties film, that doesn't hold up as well as I'd thought, but its fun nevertheless.
on 22 September 2014
Harry and the Henderson wonderful family film, Also a good tv spinoff.
on 12 October 2010
i loved this film as a child, but watching it back as an aduld made me wince
on 18 February 2015
A timeless classic that will resonate with generations to come.