Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.42

on 20 January 2014
The entire prologue is missing, detailing the lead up to the events that happen within the book. Apart from that it is a good start to the Lensman series, now, where are the rest of the books in the series?
on 15 March 2014
As stated, the entire lead-in is missing, that is 93 pages in my old well worn edition of Triplanetary.. Very disappointed with only half a book. You need to do better Kindle.
on 30 May 2015
Classic Space Opera - A book I have read several times and one I would recommend to any sci-fi fan. My rating here is for the kindle edition because an important part of it is missing. The introduction and prologue to this book sets the scene for the entire lensman series and is an essential part of the story yet it seems to have been cut entirely from the book. This was hugely disappointing and I feel I should be asking for my money back. My advice - Do not waste any money on this until it is updated or buy the print edition instead. I have since found out that a major element has been entirely edited out of the book and possibly the series, so I will stick to my dog-eared paper copies for now
on 30 March 2015
I bought this book as a replacement for a hard copy I already own. I was very disappointed to find that a large proportion of the story (the first 89 pages - approx one third of the book) was missing. And certain references all through the book (such as in page 216 of the hardcopy) to Gharlane of Eddore have been removed. Please would you investigate, rectify and let me have a full copy of the book?
on 26 April 2015
The First in E. E. Doc Lensman Series, a superb tale of an Earth evolving and Two Immensely powerful Alien races The Edorians and The Arisians one trying to evolve the universe and the other wanting chaos and disorder in the universe, each having immense mental powers, one trying to evolve human kind to become ultimately the gaurdians of the universe by way of the Lens given only to special individuals evolved through a bloodline to lead and become lensman. Many Planets, many weird and wonderful races, many Battles. Doc was not great on the science behind his stories, but more than makes up with great Stories and adventures, l grew up on this SF and Doc is regarded by many authors who genuinely are greats as one of the best originators of Space Opera, read them all, you won't be disappointed then later you can write a rambling review like this one.
on 24 November 1999
This book takes a little while to get going but it really comes to a fascinating end. It gets the whole series off to a great start.
If you have never read the Lensman Series, I can't recommend it enough. It just gets better with each book.
Thanks Ripping Publishing for reintroducing it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 June 2015
Wow, I first read this in 1978 when a girl bought it for me as a present for Christmas. Well that set me down the path of reading Sci-fi. nI really enjoyed the Doc E Smith books, and so when I saw the series had been formatted for the Kindle, I jumped at the chance. As others have mentioned the book is missing a lot.But hey, the story is still the same.
Now that I am a lot older, I have found a lot of faults in the story, which as a 17 year old (then) I never spotted. But its like the love affair you have with your first girlfriend. You love it no matter what and for me its a pleasure to read the series again after so many years.
on 8 July 2014
Just as I remember it when I read it as a teenager, can't wait until the rest of the Lensmen series is released to the Kindle
on 15 April 2014
I have long been a fan of the E Doc Smith books, and this one does not disappoint.

It tells of the beginning of the 'interference' with our civilisation by two opposing superior races

I haven't quite finished the book yet, but I am enjoying every minute

Hopefully, more books in this series will be available for kindle
on 16 January 2014
This is the first of the fantastic lensmen series, although it doesn't actually have any direct relevance on the rest of the series. For this reason, many people don't count it as part of the set.
As a standalone, it probably couldn't be described as great, but having read the others many years ago, the series most certainly is.
It is a shame that the series isn't available on kindle though.