5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect album
Published 13 months ago by emmagarside

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual Paloma
I found this very different to her two previous albums - both of which I love. It will probably take me a few listens to make up my mind on this new style.
Published 13 months ago by Flute

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect album, 13 Mar. 2014
Once again Paloma explodes back onto the scene proving once and for all she is a vocal powerhouse. Paloma was most definitely born in the wrong generation. With Pharell produced tracks Paloma's beats are that bit more slicker. A perfect blend of heart ache and get on your feet and dance. She always manages to hit you where it hurts with her distinctive vocals...an album to be heard live for sure....Bravo Paloma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly perfect album., 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I was so excited when I got this album, Paloma has my attention in every song she sings, her words tell a story, I love this album, thank you Paloma Faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars one and only Paloma, 26 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I have loved this qwerty lady for some time. Not only is she stunning but her voice delivers every time for me. This CD is no different. Buy it love it play it and enjoy over and over again. Excellence in music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual Paloma, 19 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
Good album. Worth a listen. Would recommend that people buy it. Great voice and easy listening . Well done to Paloma Faith.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now THAT's a voice!, 10 Mar. 2014
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Stone Cold Sober, I was blown away by the voice. On her third studio album, Paloma Faith is still playing to her strengths, but has got some major back up this time. When I heard the opening bars of Can't Rely On You, I could feel the Pharrell influence, even before I was aware he was the producer, and there is a touch of class about the whole album.

The tone of the album follows the often-doomed-love mood of previous albums, but that doesn't mean it's a downbeat album. It's full of disco beats, guitar riffs, gospel and soul, and it's terrific to listen to. I'm still not sure it's as good as her debut, but it's still a great album, and one I will listen to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 16 Mar. 2014
I. White - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
Paloma has upped the tempo and produced an amazing CD. Cannot stop playing it- favourite CD of the year so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold again!, 28 April 2014
Paloma is at her best, again. Really enjoyed her new album. She is very talented. I liked her from when I first saw her on Jools Holland.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
This CD is a bit of a disappointment. Long awaited as a Paloma fan, it doesnt compare at all to her last two cds at all. Perhaps it will be a grower.

4.0 out of 5 stars It could have been better, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
I bought this album as a present for my Dad, as he is a fan of Paloma Faith's latest songs and her voice. In my opinion, it could have been better if the song Changing was on this edition, as it is on the normal one. It does, however, feature the songs Can't rely on you, which has vocals from Pharel Williams, and the smashing hit, Only love can hurt like this. Also, I think it features too much live music. I know for a fact my Dad was not too keen on the live music. Apart from that, it is good. If you like Paloma Faith's past albums, you might like this. I would ask a relative or friend if they have a copy, and if so, if they can let it you borrow it, so that you can listen and decide if you would buy it.