Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm delighted with this mini spa in a box! I'm loving nothing more than to have a deep hot bath - get my epilating done and then polish my skin with the fabulous exfoliator. There is minimal redness with both products - the epilator especially is the best I've tried because you can use it in the bath as it is cordless allowing for your pores to be open and it makes it much less painful as the hairs pull out easier and smoothly. I've used dry epilators before which feel more uncomfortable so I wouldn't use anything else than this type now.

The exfoliator is marvellous for my face and saves a lot of scrubbing when removing makeup etc, my skin hasn't felt so great in ages it's fabulous and I feel truly pampered! I'm now in the bathroom for even longer much to my husbands dismay!

The price is quite a bit - but it is worth it. Highly recommended, it's a fabulous set and would make a perfect gift for any lady.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'll start the review by being honest; epilators aren't meant to be pain free. It's basically mechanic tweezers, so you have to expect some discomfort. The first few times of using any epilator will be a bit "ouch", but this is one of those thing where repeated use lessons the feeling, as you quickly become used to it.

Now for the good news; the Braun Silk-épil is less painful then any of the other half dozen epilators I've tried over the yearsThis is because the epilator has an extra-wide head; this makes it sound like that would mean it'd hurt more, but as the wide head covers a larger area, I don't have to keep running the epilator over and over the same area, which makes it faster then most other epilators to use. However; the main selling point of this particular model is that you can use it in the bath or shower. Being in warm water means that you'll be less tense during use, which equals less discomfort. You'll only feel a slight sensation; it's like pinging an elastic band against your skin. Why is an epilator suitable for bath time use such a recent thing?

This also hurts less when used on dry skin. This is because the epilator has massaging rollers that can be attached to the epilating head, to further relax your skin. In fact, it's so much gentler then other epilators that it's also suitable for underarms, the bikini line and the face [although if you're nervous about using it on more sensitive areas, like these, you can remove the epilating head and attach the included shaver head]. Another simple yet effective feature is the built in light near the head of the epilator, that's help you see any hair you've missed.

The hairs begin to grow back after nearly a fortnight with me, but I do have very fast growing hair, so the results can last up to six weeks on other people. They are so fine when they do grow back; if you're in a rush for work etc you could just wear skin tone tights. No-one will be able to tell you're having an `off' day! When the hairs regrow it'll be at different speeds, so it's really just a case of touching up now and then. As its just a few hairs at a time, it doesn't hurt at all. I find epilating a lot preferable to waxing; you don't need to wait a few weeks for the hair to grow long enough for the wax to be able to pick it up and, besides, I think that this hurts less. Plus; You won't cut yourself, like with razors. Isn't that annoying? Having to shave every other day, the nicking your leg so you have to cover up anyway? Also; consider how much you spend on waxing, razors and shaving foam over time - this epilator pays for itself hundreds of times, over the years.

Finally; While the Braun Silk-épil isn't the cheapest epilator available, the included features are very useful and the gimmicks really do make the hair removal process less painful. This model is quick to charge [about 30 minutes for 40 minutes worth of battery power], and as I've had a Braun Silk-épil efore (I dropped it onto a tiled floor), I can vouch for how well the ttery lsts over time.

_

As well as the epilator, caps, razor head, and Olay skin wipes [I didn't notice any difference using them] you also get a cleansing brush for the face. It doesn't have different caps, and it is battery powdered [they are included]. when I read the product description I somehow got the idea that you attached a brush head to the epilator and used it that way, but you don't - the cleanser is it's own device.

I have dry and sensitive skin, but this device doesn't irritate it - in fact it gently exfoliates the dried skin off my face as it cleanses, so as product extras go this is fantastic to have.
VINE VOICEon 19 June 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you're new to epilators then there's no getting away from the fact it does hurt! Some say it isn't so bad down the line but I think it's more like you get used to the pain. The up side is that regrowth takes much longer than shaving so for me, this is worth a little discomfort. You also need to exfoliate with gloves or an alternative to avoid in growing hairs; that said I'm not religious about it and I don't have too much of a problem.

This unit is waterproof, which is useful but not really something I use; it can help reduce the sensation though so it's worth having as a feature.

For those used to epilators - go for it! The best thing for me about this pack is the small heads for eyebrows and my top lip/side of my face. It's way better than tweezers or trimming and the small heads make it nice and accurate. The shaver head is decent - some multi-head devices aren't so good in this area, and while better than others I've used this is still not quite as good as a dedicated shaver. However, if you do travel this unit is more than capable as a shaver and will save some weight and space.

The scrub part of the package isn't really something I use - I prefer a normal face scrub cream. If you can find the rest of pack at a better price without it I'd say go for that instead.

All in all though this a quality item with great features - thouroughly recommended!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
as epilators go there are bad and good this one is really good the wipes provided smell great and make epilation so much easier and the moisture left on the skin afterwards is so so smooth and soft, it comes with several smaller heads for awkward areas and a really good shaver head for touch-ups when you are in a rush . it doesn't sting ,chaif or drag the skin. all the heads are contained in the provided bag,the recharge lead is of the bathroom variety so you will need an adapter if you don't have a bathroom 2 pin socket. the cleansing brush is soft and does bring blood to the face with a light flush it is a nice useful add on which is very comfortable to use, this however is battery operated with x2 aa batteries supplied. the battery compartment i found very hard to open as there isn't any grip on it as it is smooth and round. squeezing and pulling seemed to be the answer but i still cant open it.
well worth the money though probably thier best one i have tried, like it.you can use it as a torch in the event of a power cut(joke) as it has a very useful light at the right angle so you don't miss any hairs. the massage tip is my personal favourite as it did seem to reduce the small discomfort you get from an epilator
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Its a good epilator, I had the same one previously for a few years, but it broke so bought a new one, and chose the same one as did its job. Does what it says on the tin! A warning to ladies (and gents) the longer the hairs, the more painful it is! I suppose the epilator is pretty loud which is annoying, but I doubt there are any quieter ones? This definitely beats the price of waxing, and if your concerned about ingrown hairs etc, then just exfoliate every few days.
VINE VOICEon 21 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is now the third Braun epilator i've reviewed and alas none are yet able to cope with the fairer haired to a reasonable standard.

The 7569 certainly looks the part with a crisp white finish, sparkly panels and travel bag, even the packaging makes it look good, but this is why it didn't suit me

The epilator itself is very similar to it's Epil 7 purple predecessor, so apologies if anyone notes similarities in my review.Whilst this time it had the bonus of coming with a small amount of charge (and hence avoiding waiting to play with new toy syndrome) you still cant use whilst plugged in. I reailse this is a safety feature of the 'wet and dry' to avoid electrocution but for me it was simply an inconvenience as being fair it would be impossible to be accurate if i were to use in the shower.

My leg and arm hair is really fine so the whilst the Epilator still felt like it was as effective as having an over-enthusiatic threader or pair of tweezers plucking at my legs (yes it does hurt a little bit if you've not done it before :( ), no matter how slowly i moved it or in which direction my leg hair is really fine and it just doesn't get picked up and i have to keep going over the same area.
The light is still as tiny on earlier versions, and goes ahead of the epilator head so you see what's coming not what you've missed.

The sensitive epilator head also just didnt for me work. It hurt A LOT but seemed to not pick very much up. It would have to a brave soul to use this on their underarms with frequency. I gave it up once again and went back to razors.

I was asked on my previous review whether the purple epil 7 was suitable for facial exfoliation - this version definitely is, as they include in the box the Olay Regenerist Complete exfoliator (i know because i have already one and it's identical), so it gives a better facial exfoliation but due to the size of the head i didn't find it as massaging. You also lose the body exfoliation element as they have removed the interchangeable head as an accessory in this pack. It feels like you are getting more in the box with the extra facial device so it would make a great gift but personally another gadget it feels like more clutter for my bathroom and would have preferred to keep the body exfoliator in box.

Overrall this isn't for me. As with it's purple predecessor it might be ok with better lighting, thicker hair and a higher pain threshold but i'm going back to razors once again.
on 20 July 2014
A great product. Igot one having borrowed my daughter's. Just be careful you don't let the hair get too long, as it's painful then.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you are blessed with a lady garden of bush proportions you may well want to invest in this gardening tool. The shaver attachment comes with a removable 5mm guide - I was unaware that 5mm was the 'industry standard' but I guess it must be...So I duly set to work. 5mm is a lot shorter than I expected but the device had no problems maneuvering through my bush - which due to a long mild, moist winter, had flourished! I then - following the guide picture of a lady in swimwear who had removed the guide to do the edging - likewise did the same (sans swimwear which I find impractical in this weather) at which point I did myself a small injury of the kind that is too embarrassing to go to A&E with and just uncomfortable (next time I will wear the swimwear which is probably Personal Protective Equipment for those properly trained and qualified in the use of such tools).

I then moved onto the weed plucking head which apparently is for use on extremities and offers a 'massaging' (rotivation?) attachment to help ease the removal of unwanted growth. I have to be honest, I have used one of these once before. It broke after the first use - much to my relief. So I was not looking forward to this. Preparation wipes are included (an annoying consumable ?) which were well packed, easy to reseal, smelled and felt nice - no idea if they did anything useful or not. I opted for wet use one never can tell in these parts how long it will take for the weather to change. The manual does not mention submersion either as a 'do not' or a 'you may' so I opted to keep the charging port out of the water at all times. Having recently weeded I had small surface growth to remove but nothing serious. The guide light I found to be FANTASTIC very handy and works well under water. The torture began as I ripped the weeds from the bed. Actually it was vaguely not so bad as the last device and pain - although subtle as a brick, was tolerable and of a level which I would with wishful thinking that it gets better with time be willing to use it again. There is an attachment which removes the massaging effect and goes for extreme epilating but I believe that is a contact sport shown on late night cable TV and not for me...yet - maybe I'll work up to it if I keep this up and get 'used' to the pain.

There are two more ends. One for under arm - fortunately I have mole under mine & so will not even think about trying this out - no way jose. Then one for the face. I will keep this for when I am an old lady and get thing growing where they should not...I can imagine this would only be one or two weeds and so not as painful?

The cleaning brush and bag are small but fine. The charging lead is good. The face cleaner thing? I have a higher end one which is better, but I still don't use. IT feels nice but I don't have time for all the faffing.

So in conclusion; I will continue to use this as I expect it to get easier. I got out of the bath with red raw bumpy legs, a personal injury, and a red face. Gardening is harder than it looks.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 June 2015
I have always been in favour of waxing - more sociable and someone else does it for you!
However, as I keep moving around everywhere I wanted something portable.
After looking extensively at different ones (believe me when I say extensive, about 3 months) and after reading pretty much every review I could find, I bought this,

Packaged well and arrived on time.
It also came fully charged which I wasn't expecting!

I wholeheartedly recommend using this in the bath, especially on the bikini line.
As I'm used to waxing, my legs didn't hurt whilst I was epilating outside of the bath, but it does make it more comfortable.
If you have never waxed, and only shaved, you need to brace yourself for some pain, it's not nice.
(I'd personally recommend getting waxed a couple of times before, so you're used to the kind of pain).

Bikini line - as I said, very painful. I am, however, very stubborn and I will keep persisting as eventually the pain will subside and it makes things a whole lot easier.

Underarms: never tried and I don't think I will.. I will have to find some serious courage from somewhere to be able to do this. My aunt previously got her underarms waxed and she said it was one of the most painful things she's ever done.. :O

It picks up the majority of hairs ( not sure whether it's because my hairs are so fine from waxing) but I do find I have to go over it a few times to get all my hairs out.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First impressions were good. A quality device supplied with a number of attachments, a carry bag (good size but a bit cheap looking,) a charging cord, Olay wipes, a cleaning brush and a battery powered facial cleansing brush. The device charged up quickly with a green flashing light when charging that goes steady when fully charged. It is not to noisy and has a built in "Smart Light," a bright LED to you and me to light up the area to be worked on.

My wife tried an epilator many years ago and still remembers the pain but was willing to give this a try with the benefit of 20 years of advances. Unfortunately the process is still ripping the hairs out of your leg so despite using the supplied wipes and the high frequency massage feature she could only manage a part of her leg before she screamed enough. "Try the second speed?" I suggested but this only made the pain worse. I told her to stick with and it will be easier next time but she just swore at me and tried to attack me with it! So if you use an epilator this works well but if you have tried it and not liked it this is unlikely to convert you.

The facial cleansing brush is powered by AAs and can be used wet or dry. The bristles are soft but the motor seems quite weak and there seems to be little benefit over manual cleansing so not really convinced of its value.

However this is not a dead loss as there is also a shaving attachment and this works well providing a smooth close shave with a comb cover provided. It is water resistant as well as being easy to dismantle to clean.

This package seems quite expensive and the epilator is available without the facial cleaning brush and looks much better value. So if epilating is your thing then this should be fine but I would leave the final word to the Q&As in the product description where the question is asked "Is epilation painful?" The response given never really answers the question and should be replaced by a simple "YES!"
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...