on 11 January 2014
I can be feeling down & miserable then I just start to listen to this song & it lifts me.
on 15 January 2014
This is by far a fantastic song and for me one of the best songs of the decade. Awesome tune
on 12 January 2014
love this does make you happy .kids all have it now on their tabs, cheap considering 25 pence each, now I can hear it all over the house.
on 11 January 2014
I love it it's so great that I just dont want to stop listening to it it's awesome yeah cool
on 27 February 2014
Catchy and uplifting single. Came as a free download and could not think of a better way to spend 99p especially as I listen to it anywhere and everywhere
on 10 February 2014
Loved this in the film, so was really pleased to see it released. No problems with amazon mp3 download at all, so now I can be 'happy' whenever I like :)
on 14 January 2014
This is a great catchy tune which really makes you happy. I think it will be a smash hit with many gongs.
on 26 February 2014
I just can't sit still when this song is playing. Have to have a little bob about. I've even played it for my work colleagues. We were all feeling pretty stressed so I played this and we all have a little dance and it cheered us all up! Love it!
on 23 February 2014
Not sure how he does it but Pharrell Williams certainly does 'catchy'. That's Daft Punk Get Lucky, Robin Thicke Blurred Lines, and now this - the three catchiest tunes of the last year. Get those feet tapping.
on 1 January 2014
Curtis Mayfield gets the Andre 3000 ‘Hey Ya!’ treatment with maybe smatterings of K-Os' 'Sunday Morning'. At least that’s how I would describe Pharrell Williams’ brilliantly infectious single ‘Happy’ (from the ‘Despicable Me 2’ OST) to the uninitiated. It has also been justifiably compared to Motown/Northern Soul. 2013 was good to the perennially youthful Mr Williams. His solo singing career has been established in earnest thanks to his collaborations with Daft Punk, Robin Thicke and now ‘Happy', which was unfortunately pipped to the UK Christmas number one post by this year’s X-Factor clone. Still, long after they become yet another casualty of over-hype ‘Happy’ will be swimming around our craniums.

I confess I’ve always been ambivalent about Williams; impressed by his nearly twenty-year musical back catalogue but put off somewhat by his apparent smugness. And then there's the small issue of him running around with half-naked women (literally) in his videos. ‘Happy’ however calls for at least a temporary cooling of hostilities. Like ‘Get Lucky’ it’s a slow burner. Nothing remarkable happens until the Gospel-influenced harmonies kick in on the ingeniously simple refrain and bridge. These soulful, lyrically-executed chords account for much of the track’s appeal. The ground-breaking (if a little grandiose) ‘First Ever 24-hour Music Video’ concept can’t hurt either. Twenty-four 60 minute clips featuring members of the public and celebrities improvising moves to the track in various locations, has no doubt helped secure its classic status.

A would-be summer hit released in the dead of the Northern Hemisphere’s winter? Well, this optimistic number is fitting as we usher in the New Year. Leaving aside the randomness of the lyrics, I defy anyone not to instantly be in good spirits after hearing ‘Happy’, throwing yourself around the room in fits of joy.