5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need as a Y5/6 teacher
Not sure about pupils 'blank page' sydrome...it's perfect for those days when I have 'blank mind' sydrome!

Published 16 months ago by Mrs. A. J. Hodges

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I expected
Published 5 months ago by Discerning shopper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need as a Y5/6 teacher, 19 Mar 2013
Mrs. A. J. Hodges (UK) - See all my reviews

This will really encourage their creative writing by breaking down the process of grammar (verb, noun and adjectives) and getting the phrases right. A totally dip-in-out reference book I will always have handy by the flip chart. Highly recommended for narrative writing in KS2 and probably above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 6 May 2013
I cannot recommend this book highly enough...especially to all upper school primary teachers and early secondary. Great ideas, excellent vocabulary on a wide range of topics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life?, 23 Dec 2013
This book definitely deserves five stars. I bought this book and put another two in the basket so I would have a variety of teaching resources at hand for creative writing; however, I soon found out that, without doubt, this is the definitive guide for creating some of the best work I have ever marked. Landscapes, place, characters and features are expertly crafted into sections which are then phrased by nouns, adjectives and verbs. Sample sentences are another key feature which allows all this fantastic language work to be threaded together.

I cannot speak more highly of this gem of a book. It's not just for teachers. Anyone can access the materials in this book - the possibilities are endless!

What's more, there's a CD with all of the resources on too. As you can probably tell, I am really pleased with this book. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource., 11 July 2013
Antonia Gowdy - See all my reviews
As a teacher, I would love to see all classrooms have a resource like this for the teacher to dip into for creative writing lesson planning, and as a support for students who are running low on ideas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I expected, 15 Feb 2014
Am I a fan of descriptasourus? I'm not sure. It works when doing language gathering with my year 6 pupils but you really do have to ensure they select appropriate words and phrases. I think I use it more as a starting point to language gathering and then we up - level together. I wouldn't let children loose with it otherwise I would just get the phrases etc back with little thought on their side.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST, 6 Nov 2013
I am a KS2 year 6 teacher in a highly academic school. This book provides me with endless ideas for both Writing and Vocabulary lessons. It really is well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 13 Jun 2013
Very good book for literacy. I recommend this book to every child for both starting out and at a more advanced level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 3 July 2014
Love this book, very inspirational for creative writing. I bought this book for my nine year old daughter, and it has been very supportive towards her class work and learning, in fact I would like to be able to write so descriptively myself, and it is great for kick starting the imagination. One of the best books I have ever purchased for my daughter, and I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 1 July 2014
I knew what to expect of this book after I read the review.
My child enjoys the book and believes her English writing has improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good resource for children to learn writting, 25 Jun 2014
I bought this for my 8 years old son to learn essay writing the descriptions are very useful for the atmosphere and character settings

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›