5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, wide stair gate
Suits our needs for a gate to be used in various places - doorways and stairs. It took me ages to find one that was wide enough but this is perfect for our needs and does not have to be screw fixed
Published 2 months ago by Nicky Cross

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
Published 1 month ago by Baljit Dhillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, wide stair gate, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Lindam Push To Shut Baby Safety Gate with Extra Wide Doorway (Baby Product)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 9 Jun 2014
Mixed feelings about this. Good quality. Good value for money as came with the extension, which I needed for my stairs. Big disappointment was that we had to use the screws provided & drill into the wall as the pressure points were not securely fitting the gate onto the walls. I wouldve returned it but i was out & my husband had already drilled. Paid that bit extra for the pressure feature so not impressed. Not my stule having holes in walls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy to fit, 8 May 2014
Good price and prompt delivery.
Very easy to fit but the bonus for me was a bottom lock as well as the main gate lock fitting. A great safety feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-easy to open and close with one hand, 23 July 2014
David Precious (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Well made and easy to fit (although personally I'd have preferred the typical style of a knurled knob you can turn by hand, rather than nuts to turn by spanner (a cheap basic spanner is included, though) - but they do mean you can apply more force to hold it in place, which is good.

The release mechanism is excellent - it's easy to operate with one hand, which is good as we have this protecting our kitchen, and we often need to go in and out lots of times a day often carrying things, so a fiddly gate would have been a real pain (the previous gate we'd put there was nowhere near as easy to use and got relocated to the stairs!).

Good width and includes a 7cm extension portion which is basic but easily fitted to increase the overall width - used that as the entry to the kitchen is pretty wide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and secure, 22 Jun 2014
Really happy with this stairgate - however, it does come with wall caps, so drilling is required (I hadn't realised this). To be honest, I've used the wall caps at the top of the stairs, but relying on the pressure fit alone at the bottom of the stairs - it feels really secure, so not convinced the wall caps are absolutely essential, but dont' want to take the risk with a one-year-old who seems to have the strength of a baby elephant when it comes to breaking through to freedom!

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a waste of money and time and is now ready for ..., 22 July 2014
Found it not up to the task and fell apart but this may be due to the person who installed the gate. It was a waste of money and time and is now ready for the bin collectors

1.0 out of 5 stars What Quality!, 26 Jun 2014
What can I say, after reading so many positive reviews on the quality I decided to purchase this gate for a family member. The quality of this gate feels light, cheap and even the open and shut gate mechanism feels cheap, I'm very disappointed with this purchase. I won't recommend this awful gate to anyone.

I normally purchase Tippitoes gates and these gates do feel top quality compared to cheaply manufactured Lindam gates, the installation on the Tippitoes gates is similar to the Lindam process and I have read that Lindam extensions can be used on the Tippitoes gates not sure if you can.

The Tippitoes gates come in various sizes.

It's nothing personal just my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stairgate, 2 Jun 2014
Easy to install and use. If you want a comment you need to allow busy people to make a brief reply!