on 29 March 2014
Reviewed by Ann for Bex 'n' Books
Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

OK, so you know when you start reading a book and in your head, you’re thinking “I know exactly how this book is going to end”? Well, I did that with this book and I was COMPLETELY wrong. Amy Isan’s book has twists and turns, intrigue and betrayal, and love and hate. By the third chapter, she had taken control of the story and turned my preconceptions on their ear.

Highlander’s Embrace is the story of Elyn Douglas and Gavin McKenzie. Gavin is the laird’s son and Elyn a poor country girl. But that isn’t all that they are. The entire story revolves around them, but other characters in the book are equally amazing from Alec and Brogan, the cousins of Gavin, Sheena, Elyn’s sister, the evil Maxwell clan who want to take over the world, the King of Scotland and the neighbor they are feuding with, the McDonalds. Amy Isan manages to impart a sense of history as well as a sense that you know these people, their hopes, dreams and struggles.

I laughed at the audacity of Elyn. I cried at the appropriate moments and I wanted to slay the evil men who would harm a harm on Elyn and Gavin’s heads. As a huge fan of highlander stories, this one is right at the top. I can’t wait to read more of her work and I hope I get to very soon.

Five fairies and special sprite :)
on 25 January 2014
A poorly put together story. Many typing errors and vocabulary. I should not think the author has ever been to Scotland.
on 7 July 2014