Format: Kindle Edition|Change

'Stray Bullets' as a series has won and been nominated for a few awards, and here we are being treated to some of the episodes on promo. It is summer 1997 and Frank and Joey are travelling along peacefully at night, with a body in the boot. Joey is on edge, and let's face it has a screw loose, but what could possibly go wrong?

First it starts with a puncture, and a policeman coming along. Joey, paranoid that the cop will see the corpse decides to take some action, but this is only the beginning as Joey really starts to lose it. The illustrations are in black and white, and you can highlight on any particular frame, perhaps making it easier for some who may have trouble reading this.

Quite dark, this is a nice slice of crime noir.
on 3 March 2014
The stark black and white backdrop for the ultra violence of this comic is reminiscent of The Walking Dead, while the intensity, dialogue and pace bring to mind 100 Bullets. The story follows two low level criminals hired to dump a body for an unseen boss, after a flat tyre things quickly begin to unravel and descend into chaos and bloodshed. That said, the single narrative lacks any real complexity, although I get the feeling there is more to this, what at first glance appears to be a stand alone story. I look forward to reading the second book. Certainly as a freebie, as it currently is, along with books 2, 3 and 4, well worth the time. Enjoy.
This is a great little book that I downloaded when it was free.

Good artwork and a story that moves along with plenty of action. I was hoping to use it to encourage a reluctant reader but the story is really for young (or older) adults.

Technically, it presents well on my iPad and I've downloaded more from the series.

Recommended
on 22 January 2014
perhaps i didn't read the synopsis thoroughly enough; i thought it would be alot longer than it was, shame cos it was ok.
on 14 May 2014
I first read stray bullets back in the late 90s and was amazed by how engrossing each issue was! Glad it's come back!
on 15 January 2014
Because I enjoyed what I got. It was something I had not heard of before so it was a pleasant surprise
on 3 February 2015
Just not my cup of tea. I bought it out of curiosity but regretted the purchase.
on 31 December 2013
I love graphic novels but Frank Miller this ain't!
I couldn't take to the characters at all and the dialogue was rubbish.