‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold secure wall anchor for bikes/motorbikes, 1 May 2011
James Curnock (Scotland, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Essential if you want your insurance to pay out should some b@st*#d try and steel your bike.

Easy to install - took me about 45 minutes, you might see other people claiming quicker but perhaps they just didn't install it properly. You'll need a decent hammer-action drill. To fit the anchor bolts (four to install), you need masonry drill bits, something like a 5,7,10,12,14,16mm should do just fine. Take your time there isn't much 'fudge-factor' to get it wrong. Once this is done offer up an anchor bolt to each hole - you may need to 'round out' the holes again. Offer the bolts up again - once they go in approx. 1 inch your golden. Gently tap them in, fix the base unit and put all four bolts in hand tight. Tighten up as required. Once done use a bit of grease to 'hold' the ball bearings in place and hammer them into the hex on top of the bolts - this makes them 100% impossible to undo again - so choose the position carefully! Add the cover and all is good - your sorted.

Next thing you'll need is a good lock - Kryptonite do a 'New York faggedaboutit" Gold secure lock in 150cm length - if you surf around online you'll find one for around 85 pounds - RRP is 154 pounds - I found a cracking bike shop in Northern England - Bikesyoulike - and they did me proud.

Bottom line - if you want an absolute solid way to lock your favourite bike up and sleep soundly in the knowledge it ain't going anywhere then get this anchor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and Secure, 14 April 2011
Good quality bolt down anchor, fitting took longer than in another review listed due to hard garage floor ! Shackle large enough to get two chains through which is a bonus if you have more than one bike, one of the the reasons for my purchase. A good product and good value as it was over 26 cheaper than my local motorcycle dealers.

5.0 out of 5 stars security of goods, and peace of mind, 8 May 2009
what a item this is. heavy and tough looking, the WBA100 has a huge loop to take most size chains,even really chunky ones. and the bolts supplied are tough and security designed. simply knock a ball baring into the allen key slot to perminently fix the anchor to the floor/wall once drilled on.

i fitted mine in less than 20 mins, very easy and straight forward, and i must admit, the sight of my bike chained up and well and truly bolted to the floor was good to see. only a determined theif willing to really damage my bike, by cutting its frame will get it, and that would ruin the bike.

i must add though, the bolts are not really really long, and are designed to bolt the anchor straight to the floor or wall. not desinged to go through say, a wooden shed floor, then a concrete base. you would have to make a concrete piller under your shed, to fill the gap, making the anchor flush with it.

saying that, the Abus WBA 100 is ideal for bikes, but anything could be secured usin this device, caravan, trailor, even a wheelbarrow if u so choose. i recommend this to all who are seriously looking for a straonge, secure way to ensure your property if safe from even a determined thief

5.0 out of 5 stars Ground anchor, 31 May 2012
I am very pleased with the end result now that I have had this product fitted to my garage floor. A few additions to the instructions would be good but it got fitted successfully in the end. It gives me confidence that my cycle will not be stolen, or if it was, the insurance company could never wriggle out from paying me as with the addition of a Kryptonite D shackle and flexi cable its gold protection all the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strong hold, but,,,,, 27 July 2013
Mr. P. M. Booth "Realistic Critic" (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
Strong anchor, but I would not recommend the fixing bolts at they were of poor quality, I changed them for a superior set in the builders yard as the original bolts did not lock down true enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks small...Nope!, 15 April 2013
Got this to literally fortify my garden shed which house my very expensive bikes. Needed a Gold standard Sold Secure Anchor Point or 'immovable object', to satisfy the insurance company. It looks small, but no chance...you could anchor a boat to this thing. The shackle will NOT be vulnerable to attack from any burglar unless they rock up with C4 and/or an angle grinder and as long as you install it correctly you can be safe knowing that the only weak point will now be (in my case) the bike frames. I use this with the Master Lock D-Lock which is also Gold - Sold Secure and some other cables to loop into the D-Lock - The result, it works a treat!!! It's a big old unit but sturdy and one look at this and any burglar will know that it's not worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product i hope, 17 July 2011
Seems as tough as old boots. Easy to put down but you need a good drill plus bit.
Smart looking also. For some reason i had to use some longer bolts to fit the cover (cosmetic only.)I reckon it would be pretty tough to get it out of the concrete floor but make sure you carefully smack those ball bearings into the tops of the bolts otherwise they will ping out and you will lose them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and secure, 8 July 2014
I bought this to secure my cycle to the garage wall. It is bigger and heavier than I expected, very solid with plenty of room to get a thick chain or D lock through. The anti-tamper element involves hammering ball bearings into the bolt heads, which are allen key secured. I fitted mine 'upside down' so that the ring stays dropped down, so it is easier to get the D lock through with no need to fiddle about lifting it up every time. It feels very sturdy and secure. I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Jun 2014
I. Gillies - See all my reviews
This is a really robust locking point which I fitted in my motorhome garage. I think it's a totally secure solution to keeping my bike safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Abus WBA100 Floor/Wall Anchor (Misc.)
I wanted a good solid security anchor to lock my bike up knowing it wouldn't go missing. This Abus anchor arrived and I'm more than happy with it. It's larger than I thought it would be, but that's not a bad thing.

I have fitted it to a brick wall so that the anchor sits vertically. This suits me for using a D-Lock (and extender cable) at most angles with my bike. The supplied spit bolts need a 16mm drill. I bought one at a reasonable price with a shank tapered down to 13mm to fit my regular electric hammer drill, meaning I didn't have to get hold of a larger impact drill. As long as you drill and fit one bolt at a time, and mark up the other holes as you go, it's straight forward to fit. Using a dob of grease to hold the ball bearings in place while you tap them into the heads of the tightened screws makes the job a lot easier without the ball bearings flying off.

The Abus anchor looks good and to be honest is overkill for what I need, but is perfect for preventing the bike from being taken.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›