on 1 July 2014
Doesn't quite charge up as fast as we expected, however it does exactly what it says on the tin. My husband's older Nokia phone will not charge with the adaptor provided, but other than that we have charged a blackberry, kindle, ipad, sony xperia and ipod with the various adaptors. Great for a recent holiday where there was no power where we were staying
on 27 April 2015
Product appears well-made. Not the mechanically-tightest sockets but the electrical connections are made perfectly OK so not a problem. I did note that the USB socket appears to be "upside down" which is strange. I have got just under two full charges into my Moto G smart phone from the first first battery pack charge-up so I guess that as the capacity supposedly improves initially it will eventually hold at the very least two full re-charges. The red led solar charge indicator lights up even under a desk lamp but no doubt it would take forever to charge this way - however another user tells me his unit "charges up under the kitchen lights" . Have not yet had an opportunity to check the charging time in bright sunlight but even without solar power I feel his product represents pretty good value for money.
on 24 September 2014
This has kept me going through my summer adventures! Perfect for festivals, I used this at T in the Park and it was amazing. On a full charge it recharges my phone at least twice and then some, and recharges (albeit veeery slowly) in the sunshine. I often just leave it on my window sill at home and then take it out with me - free power! Don't rely on it for the solar aspect alone, as it takes at least a day in the sun to get a decent charge out of it, but it is good. Nice design too, not too heavy and simple to use.
on 27 April 2015
Just charged my Samsung Galexy from 50% to 100%. I checked afrer half an hour it was 100% so im not sure how fast it was but it was dam quick. 1 other thing i overlooked despite reading the description fully is it has its own solar panel. Very very nice. Comes with 4 adapters for various devices. It weighs slightly more than a Galexy s3 and is about the same size and twice as thick. Only used it for a day but it seems like a great purchase.
on 7 August 2015
Slight scratch on arrival. Whole day Sardinian sun- no extra charge. Can charge twice out of it. Cannot plug through- ie charge phone and charge Portapow at same time which when you're trying to charge stuff overnight makes it a waste of time unless you wake up and swap them at 3am or something!
Overall acts as spare battery but no evidence from solar panel etc that it's any better than a cheaper unit.
on 24 April 2015
Arrived within a few days of ordering. Charged a half full phone in a couple of hours. So far so good. Looks sturdy and and simple to use. The real test is when we go on holiday and we're reliant on it but honestly don't see any problems with it. Loved the fact the battery holds its charge for ages but you can top it up with sunlight.
on 9 April 2015
Brilliant emergency charger I use this when I'm out and about Plus if I leave it in the sun it re-charges.
Can get 2 full charges for my smartphone and one full charge on my 8" tablet GR* value and excellent build quality.
on 5 April 2015
I used this product on holiday from a friend of mine to charge my Kindle Fire whilst lying on the beach. Superb, worked a treat which is why on my return I ordered one straight away. Super product recommend to all.
on 13 April 2015
This is excellent. Bought for my student daughter so she can charge her phone for free. Also ideal for camping and festivals, where phone charging can be an expensive issue. Great value for money.
on 1 January 2015
This product, in combination with the 11W solar panel means that I can charge the battery and charge phone / other appliances with intermittent sunlight.