Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 28 May 2014
This is a fun, very cinematic fantasy adventure full of magic, monsters and big action set pieces which while reading it reminded me of 80's cult Classics 'Highlander' and 'Warlock'.
But while very fast paced and full of fun action there's not much in character development and the heroine of the story starts of as what seems to be a strong, intelligent woman but then is nothing more than a typical damsel in distress, making stupid decisions and constantly in need of rescuing while falling for the hero. But if you want action, adventure, thrills a spills this has it in spades.
on 28 September 2014
I originally got the first three chapters of this book in a free sample. What I read made me want to get the rest of the book.

I am so glad that I took a chance on this book and invested in buying it.

There were a few mistakes in it that a quick edit should sort out but it didn't detract from the story line too much.

It was dark and fast paced. Thoroughly enjoyable.
on 11 February 2014
I previously read Massa's awesome Fear the Light, so I gave his second a read and was not disappointed. What I love about his books is the pace and excitement, like FTL, this feels like it could easily be translated to a film and make a great action packed adventure story.

For those who love urban fantasy adventure stories like Highlander, you won't be disappointed.
on 15 June 2015
This book caught me off guard because it was about gargoyles. I had never read a book about them before. It was really well written too. The author enabled me to imagine I was there and fall in with everything going on. Yes im defo looking forward to his next gargoyle book. Well done mr massa from milo spires.
on 18 December 2013
I loved William Massa's last book and the author has not let me down with his follow up. Great storytelling, a gripping adventure yarn, action packed and a true page turner. Loved it from start to finish. A perfect blend of fantasy and adventure storytelling. Can't recommend this book enough.
on 17 April 2015
Massa's literary skills are better suited to young teens. The lack of research, character development and convincing narrative makes his work wholly unsuitable to be classed as adult literature. Perhaps a fault of his publishers rather than Massa.
on 16 February 2014
I liked Massa's Fear the Light, so i gave this a chance. I'm so glad it did, it's a fun read. Massa has a great talent for letting the story lead the way. i agree with an earlier review, this would make a solid fantasy / horror movie !
on 10 February 2014
Sorry, the ideas were there, just felt like this was a first novel, not the best descriptive usage. I think he will improve the more he writes.
on 23 April 2015
I loved this book. The original story line kept me hooked in til the end...annd left me wanting more.