I See London I See France
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£3.67

The main character Caroline is 100% devoted to her three young children and when her husband Scott walks out, claiming he’s had enough, she has to decide what it is she wants for her future. Years of marriage and parenting have left her feeling like she’s lost her way, but she’s not one to wallow in her misery. She sells her minivan, packs their bags and crosses the Atlantic, taking the children to London. Ever the home educator they sightsee from London to Tintagel Castle to Loch Ness to Paris before her emotions and exhaustion catch up with her. It is with friends in Aix en Provence where she finds some peace and the strength to decide what fires her passion; is it Scott her work-a-holic husband, is it Jean-Marc the sexy Frenchman she first met in her early twenties, is it dark and mysterious Gustave from the shores of Loch Ness, or is she happy just to be a Mother? I knew what decision I wanted her to make, but Paulita made me wait and sweat it out right to the end of the book.

Paulita’s writing went straight to my head; I felt every emotion Caroline was feeling, so much so this book affected my mood even when I wasn’t reading it. This book has a great story line, moved along at a nice pace and with some added interest as it jumped back and forward from the present to her time in Aix en Provence as a nanny in the late 1990’s. This is a book I will read again and I hope Paulita is busy working on her next novel.

I was sent a copy of this book by the author.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 11 February 2014
I See London I See FranceI can totally relate to Caroline. Husband has had enough , so you do the best you can to make your life the best you can, only you drift back to your past. To do this you have to say "I have had enough too" and flee!!! and as you travel you think that what you had before is what you want now . Caroline also had to think of her children that she had taken off on and adventure too. Travels , men and deep thinking !! This book took me on an adventure too, and to places that I could relate too. It gave me "food for thought". Thank you Paulita for an amazing read.

I was so lucky to receive a signed copy of the book from Paulita .. huge Thank you,
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again