Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£0.99

on 15 December 2013
I've never watched 'The X Factor' before, out of, I have discovered, an entirely unfounded prejudice. I happened to pass through the room when Sam Bailey did her initial song in week 1 when Mum was watching and I stopped dead in my tracks and said 'That's your winner - I want a CD by her now!" I already loved the original version of this song, but Sam Bailey's stunning, pure voice invests the song with an ethereal, special quality. Quite simply, her voice sends shivers down my spine, and she perfectly explores every musical crevice of 'Skyscraper', transforming it into a dreamy classic. I can't wait for her debut album!
on 26 December 2013
What a voice however after listening to the download was disappointed. Found the production poor - Sam's voice seems to be drowned out by the music meaning that you can't fully appreciate Sam's vocals. If I had heard this version before I downloaded I wouldn't have done so.
on 23 December 2013
People can say all they want about X Factor. I have criticised it myself. But when the show comes up with a singer of the quality of Sam Bailey, it is all worth while and I sincerely thank God and the show to have made it possible to find such a gem. Bravo Sam! Please never stop delighting us with your singing...xoxoxo
on 29 December 2013
Sam bailey is brilliant, shes definitely up there with the best singers, she can really belt out a tune unlike last years winner, but thats another subject. If you didn't see x factor 2013, you really missed out on something special. From her very first audition, sam was my winner, and each week she just seemed to get better, a true professional, a fabulous voice, and I am really looking forward to her first album, I just hope it won't all be covers, a few I don't mind, but please please give sam new material too. Sam is the best singer to come out of x factor, I love Leona Lewis, but for me sam beats her by far. Good luck Sam you really do deserve something good out of this.
on 16 December 2013
The versions already recorded by others do not reach the heights of Sam's brilliant voice range. This is what this song really needs so when you listen to Sam's version you can really relate to the wonderment of looking down from a Skyscraper and of course the meaning behind the lyrics.
on 19 December 2013
Right from the very start my husband and I knew Sam Bailey should be the winner. I would put her up against Celine Dion any day, especially when we know that she mimed quite alot of her Vegas shows. My husband has been a singer for many years and used to teach singing lessons. He said he could not believe that all those high notes were full voice and not head voice. Her vocal range and power is amazing! As other comments, please X Factor, do not let Sam just fade away like so many others. These people audition in there thousands. They are supposed to be the best we can find, but most are just allowed to fall by the wayside never to be heard of again. I will be downloading her album when it is released. Again X Factor, don't leave it so long before releasing her album. That is why so many are just forgotten, never to be heard of again.
on 16 December 2013
This single shows us two things: firstly the amazing voice of Sam Bailey and secondly that, without doubt, she deserved to win the X Factor. Her voice is so powerful and mesmorising; and she connects with this song so well. The lyrics of the song, originally by Demi Lovato, are so truthful and fit Bailey's style so well. Also, for the CD release it comes with three of Bailey's favourite X Factor performances: "The Power of Love", "Make you feel my Love" and "Enough is Enough". I loved her renditions of each of these songs - although I must admit I was annoyed at the admittance of "Clown" (which I would have used instead of "Make you feel my love" - I thought this was one of Bailey's best songs in the competition - as she connected with the lyrics and transformed the song (although all her performances were amazing so I imagine it was a hard choice which to include). Also "New York, New York" would have been good - but if you included all her good performances this would become a winners album rather than winners single.

Overall, Sam Bailey's voice is amazing and is showcased to an excellent standard with 'Skyscraper' - of which I have no doubt will be an instant hit. Excellent!
on 17 February 2014
Purchased this cd as we were well impressed with Sam on the X Factor and was a little disappointed when it arrived. Sam is still good on this cd but they have all been recorded during the show by the sound of them. There are only 4 songs and for the price I fell this was a little expensive.
on 3 January 2014
I love Sam Bailey she is amazing and this has nothing to do with her as a singer just the maker of the cd, it is okay but keeps jumping sometimes and the higher notes lose quality a bit again nothing to do with the singing but overall a good cd.
on 17 January 2014
I chose this rating because although she is a great singer there was only 4 songs on the track, i wanted more and i believed that the album would of at least had all the songs she did through out x-factor, rather than just a couple