4.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, and surprisingly enjoyable album
I found this album hard to give a rating, I found the album lacking in variety in terms of theme, but Sam's voice shines through on all the tracks.

Published 8 months ago by James Barker

2.0 out of 5 stars the Power of Love
I think Sam Bailey is talented and I liked Skyscraper which she sang beautifully and the song sounded like a contemporary no.1 hit ; but for the most of this record she has reverted to cruise ship standards which are just ordinary ; on the X Factor she covered a beyonce track very nicely but on this record there are no contemporary r & b numbers , she has taken hardly...
Published 9 months ago by peter hancock

4.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, and surprisingly enjoyable album, 31 Mar 2014
James Barker - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)

1. The Power of Love 4.5/5 - her performance of this on the x factor really cemented her as my favourite and her version here is one of the highlights. The only slightly niggle is the extra note before the key change, which I noticed on the x factor the production often didn't give a smooth transition.

2. From This Moment on 3/5 - like the song choice, but I feel she belts too soon on this track, without properly building up to it.

3. There You'll Be 3/5 - opposite of previous track, I groaned at the song, Breathe would have been a much more interesting Faith Hill song to choose and with its sensual quality rather than the overpowering sentimentality would have added a bit of emotional range to the album. That said she does use the softer side of her voice a little more.

4. And I Am Telling You 4/5 - a good duet well sung.

5. Compass 5/5 - really like this song, slightly unfamiliar to me at least, which is makes it fresher.

6. Lord is it mine 4/5 - another heartfelt song.

7. Get Here 3/5 - Sam's version is ok, but I'm a little bored of this song after hearing it on Pop Idol and I never liked it then. It's kind of dreary and the musical equivalent of a soggy bottom.

8. Treasure 4.5/5 - the only original song, written by Diane Warren and shows a softer side to Sam's voice, which this album could do more in places.

9. Ain't No Mountain High Enough 4/5 - Another good duet.

10. Superwoman 5/5 - my favourite on the album, a little different in genre with R & B, but also the heartache is when Sam's voice really shines and connects, and it's a shame that the other songs are too soppy and overblowingly happy in love.

11. Skyscraper 5/5 - a more modern song, which this album could have had more of (if it had to be an album of covers) with songs like Clown or If I were a boy like she did on the X factor. What I like about this song is that there at least is a struggle in the song, it's not just being happy and all loved up.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a singer!, 3 May 2014
Robert Milosevic (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
Great voice, great emotional delivery, amazing versatility.... And she is amazing when performing live! What else can one want? The first record is showing her range and versatility - what is the next one going to bring? I am looking forward to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
I love this album yes only two original tracks but Sam puts her own unique talent to the covers. Excellent vocal range im looking forward to the day that someone gives this amazing singer the opportunity to make an album of original tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good!, 24 Mar 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
Sam Bailey certainly has a beautiful voice and has a huge amount of power behind it. There are a couple of new songs on here and the rest are covers. Adding to the album are duets with Nicole Scherzinger and another with Michael Bolton. Of the two duets, unexpectedly (to me at least!) I prefer the one with Michael Bolton. Their two voices seem to compliment each other very well.

The only slight request I have, is that I would love to hear more songs form her with a more gentle touch... The quieter ones. She certainly has the voice and ability to be able to sing such songs. But perhaps she is saving this for her next album (bring it out soon please Sam!).

I discovered her almost accidentally really, as due to work I don't normally get the opportunity to watch X factor. I heard a repeat of an episode on television and was really impressed. I'm still impressed after listening to this cd a couple of times this morning and hope to hear more from her in the future.

Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power of Love Sam Bailey, 1 April 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album. She has one strong pair of lungs.....cannot stop listening to the CD. Would highly recommend to others who enjoy power ballads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Sam Bailey., 28 April 2014
Michael James Talbot (Birmingham, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
Followed her through X-Factor. Delighted to buy her CD. She is the people's favourite. May she have a long and successful career.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful album from a lovely lady with an out-of-this-world voice!, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
Even though I watch X Factor, I usually don't bother investing in the artists after the show but with Sam I knew I wanted to hear an album from her from very early on in the live shows....this is it and what an amazing album it is! I've had it playing all morning - I just love her voice - it's phenomenal! There's also no mistaking it, in every song you can hear Sam's style and even though the majority are covers, they are well chosen and suit her perfectly with some favourites from the series too. The two duets are great additions too, particularly the duet with Nicole Scherzinger, it's one you just have to stop and listen to. There's a few original songs on there too, my favourite is currently Compass but they'll all good and perfect for her voice. Great debut album Sam!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 28 April 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
lovely cd. great songs and great voice. really great choice of music for her first cd track. more to come, hopefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs original material, 10 April 2014
F. J. Prado (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
She is great but the album is Karaoke material rushed to cash her X Factor success. It's still good but she needs great original songs to make her the international star she should become.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
I love her voice and the songs on the album totally suits her voice. I love the tracks and after downloading on mp3 player, I also ordered the cd for others to listen in my car. I sincerely hope she will continue to sing and that she stays popular. I want to hear her for years to come.

The Power of Love
The Power of Love by Sam Bailey (Audio CD - 2014)