5.0 out of 5 stars Passionately Twisted
Published 17 months ago by Kelsey's Korner Blog

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok
it was ok. a bit dark for me. had to miss out chapters 1-3. couldn't get into it. hoping the third is good but not to dark in the sex scenes.
Published 16 months ago by Jeanette

5.0 out of 5 stars Passionately Twisted, 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Here we go this is it, I've been really desperate to read this, I read Tears of Tess the prequel to QQ and rated it as good but not excellent. There were things that just narked me such as the annoying weak boyfriend, and not getting to know Q enough, but I still found it a good enjoyable read. The thing that made me come back for more with the sequel was the writing. I knew, I had a gut feeling about Pepper Winters, I saw the ability she had and I knew she would only get better. I. Was. Not. Proved.Wrong.

"Save me , enslave me, you will never cave me. Taunt me, flaunt me, kill what haunts me"

This book made me feel, it made me shed a tear, it surprised me and it made me wince. I have to say I savoured every word Pepper wrote, I loved her writing style, it flowed smooth, it was beautiful when it needed to be and it was painful and raw when necessary!

I devoured her words, I couldn't get enough of them!

"Tie me, tease me, let your pleasure please me. Hurt me, love me, but please don't ever leave me"

This was dark but I've read darker, I'm a bit of a dark mistress so I'm not easily offended. This didn't offend me it intrigued me. This was a love story like no other. I was gliding along in the bubble that was Tess and Q, looking into the depth of their newfound relationship then BAM!!!.. WTH just hit me.. Noooo It couldn't.

Thats when I lost my mind completely, I really didn't prepare myself for what was going to happen. I didn't know how they were gonna get through this and I wasn't sure if they would. This is where we got to know Q. He took over like a man on a mission and I loved being in his head. This is what I craved and I was thankfully finally able to learn about the master that was Q. I loved being in his head and loved being part of his world. Im still revelling in his words, so many words from him this time, I felt so many emotions that I just wanted to hug him and even let him tie me to his wooden cross and whip me to ease his pain.

"Whimper and moan while I sit on my throne, we can be monsters together so we're never alone"

Pepper writes this in dual PoV, I really can't praise her writing ability enough, she gave us her best in this painstakingly fabulous portrait of darkness, of two people finding their way and becoming one. She proved she can hold her head up with the best.

Q Q is a heart wrenching journey, it will take you off into another world and you will live in it until the very last page.

A special shout out goes to Ker Dukey for the wonderful poem verses at the head of each chapter, they were truly beautiful.

ARC was provided by the author for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough stars!!, 19 Dec. 2013
First if you've read Tears of Tess and found it too dark, then this book is not for you. If you loved Tears then what are you waiting for? Get this book NOW!!! This took me 4 days to read, mainly due to the fact i couldn't relax because of the anxiety, i couldn't see because of the tears and i couldn't breathe without blowing great big snot bubbles. This book was freaking awesome. I'm not going to go into details, because i honestly don't know where to start without spoiling it but honestly there just aren't enough words to describe how absolutely fantastic this book is. It's very dark.....drugs,murder,rape and worse....and i will honestly say i struggled at times to keep going, but i'm so glad i did. QQ is a lot more intense then Tears and so unbelievably well written, it felt like i was in the room with Tess soo many times. This book ripped my heart and mind out my body and just stomped them to bits. I'm left feeling so emotionally drained from reading this but at the same time so completely satisfied at the same time. Pepper Winters thank you for another unbelievable book and i can only imagine how you felt writing this book, so for that i thank you too. For those who still haven't bought this book, BUY IT NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Q; You both shock me and have me in awe of your depth., 4 Jun. 2014
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
A truly 100% mesmerising read!

Just how can a person find themselves absolutely riveted to reading on with Tess and Q's story? Well when the pensmanship is as good as Pepper's then it's easy to sink into this very visual and extremely potent story and be quite honestly mesmerised by what unfolds.

So you would think that Tess falling into captivity again would be kinda boring and a bit 'been there done that'. Well think again. What Pepper comes up with this time, is well, WOW, honestly how Pepper writes it this time is very powerful. And if you liked Tears For Tess then I pretty much guarantee that QQ will blow your socks off!

I am really looking forward to Twisted Together and watch and read on at how they can both settle into their demons and the monster and watch as they truly learn what their love is true and meant to be.

Pepper has an extraordinary talent at dark romance and whilst some content leaves you screaming at either the horrendous situation with Tess or the downright shock of a man with the needs that Q has, I don't think that anyone that truly enjoys dark romance can deny this is high end writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Painful subject, 10 Sept. 2014
The way that Tess came to Q' s attention is sordid, painful and horrible yet young children and women are kidnapped daily and sold on to individuals or whore houses. Most will never be seen again.

Pepper Winters must have crawled through a personal hell whilst researching for this book. I know that I was dragged through some form of purgatory reading it finally deciding I will lock my beautiful daughter in an ivory tower if she ever decides to holiday in the more obvious hot spots. BTW Brax is an a**e who does not deserve a good life.

That said this book was riveting and extraordinarily well written. I have bought the third book but I can't start reading it immediately. Q has pulled me inside out and I need to recover.

This is not a book for the faint of heart. It could easily be tagged as a dark thriller but for those of us with a stronger constitution it is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable...again!, 24 Jan. 2014
Missd (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
I have read a lot of books in my time, especially when I go through 4-5 a week but I have never known a book to have nearly 40 reviews and every one of them is 5 stars but believe me, this book deserves every one of them!
It's hard to put into words how great this book is and why, you just have to read it. I read the first book and have to say it completely moved me, but oh my God that was nothing compared to this book. This book is a lot harder to read because Tess gets kidnapped again and is put through a lot worse than the first book (Tears of Tess) but please persevere because it is completely worth it. You get swept up in the story and it feels like your reading a real life story. Tess is a true fighter and my heart really goes out to her and Q. I am so glad there is a third book on its way because after everything we have been through with Tess and Q, I really want to read their HEA.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too weird, 13 Mar. 2014
I could see all the reasons for this book, but somehow it didn't reach me. Glowing reviews from most readers so obviously a lot of people were highly moved by the tragedy of the events as they unfolded. Not convinced about going for the third one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 26 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 Jan. 2014
Thought the first book was brilliant but harrowing, this in my opinion is superb, so emotionally charged. An unputdownable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow and wow what a book, 3 Jan. 2014
I eagerly awaited the sequel and it did not dissapoint read it in one day could. Not put it down the way pippa weaves her story has you on the edge of your seat
Yes it is dark but as pippa says it has light bring on book number 3

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it 6 stars I would!, 3 Jan. 2014
OMG I found this book utterly amazing! Hard to read at times as it deals with some very difficult and heart wrenching situations. The author has not shied away from providing, at times, graphic details of horrific situations, however, I would still recommend that you read this series. I eagerly await the next instalment