on 21 December 2013
This is the latest edition of the guide that has been published annually for many years, and grew out of the Check Your Change booklets prevalent in the 1960s. It has had more and more added to it over time, in the form of varieties, good basic information, and realistic values that reflect the ACTUAL prices currently being realised for UK coins.

I've given it 4-stars purely because of the guide's limited scope : it deals with only coins produced in the machine age, i.e. copper from 1797 and silver from 1816. Well illustrated and packed with statistics and information (and now with digital versions), it must rank as the best value guide around. I'd love to see a companion volume going back to Charles II.
on 2 August 2014
Have only had this book for 48 hrs, but have been constantly referring to it. As a novice coin collector, I have found it to be very useful. The format is very easy to follow, & in addition to indicative dealer prices for coins of differing quality, it also gives details to clarify indentification with some examples. An extremely good value purchase, will be looking out for revised issues each year I'm sure.
on 16 October 2014
Brilliant book. Should be part of every coin collectors library. Particularly if you like purchasing coins from markets and car boot sales, it's laid out in such an "easy reference" way you can very quickly find any coin you might be looking for and check its value.
I will certainly update my copy every time it is re-issued.
on 28 January 2014
If you are into coins in a small way, this is a valuable little guide. I can recommend it. For British coins only. Woof.
on 12 May 2014
I have just started coin collecting, so this is a very good book to have and esy to use. The provider was excellent and product arrived on time.
on 28 June 2014
Although I am only a learner,my interest started with pre-decimal coins. I understand that I will always be a onlooker as good coins are hard to find and are expensive. I keep looking and hope one day to find something good.With the help of this book that day may come sooner rather than later.C ya Joe
on 26 June 2014
This is a very well presented little book which I find perfect for pricing my modest collection of GB coins.
on 27 June 2014
Might not use it very often, but it's a very useful guide if you come across any old pre decimal coins.
on 1 July 2015
i know very little about coins -- i inherited a small collection which i thought i would value and possibly extend for my family. The book is wonderful from my point of view -- there are enough pictures illustrating the coins which you can enlarge, and enugh detail to keep me busy. There are notes on grading coins and a glossary of words used in coin collecting. The prices look higher than what you see on eBay, but still useful. All in all, no complaints.
on 14 December 2014
Whether you have been collecting coins all your life or just starting, Collectors coins could just be the book for you. this publication covers all pre-decimal coins giving average up to date values. Superbly illustrated this publication is a must for all who have an interest in coin collecting.